Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > photography discussion forum

panasonic lumix dmc fz48 specifications

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Jun 2012 16:25:06 BDT
Does any one know why the price difference (+£30) between the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ48EB-K Hybrid Super Zoom Digital Camera and its "twin" DMC-FZ48 DMC-FZ48EG-K or even EF-K. I couldn't get a reply from them and want to know which is the better buy. Thanks.
Jean.

Posted on 30 Jun 2012 18:33:43 BDT
X says:
Jean: When you compared the specifications what differences did you find? If you found none the probable answer would be to do with the firmware which was loaded, the model of transformer, the issue of instructions or other similar. Tell us what you found.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jul 2012 14:16:19 BDT
T.J.Byford says:
Jean,

In addition to that which X has pointed out, it could also relate to which region/market the cameras were originally intended for. A few years ago a friend bought a Panasonic MiniDV camcorder from a supplier in the UK, but with a slightly different product number to that which appeared to be an identical model. The video cams had identical specs but the instructions were in Russian. When he contacted Panasonic they were more forthcoming and told him his camera was intended for sale in Russia, but it was the same as the genuine UK release model, and not to worry as the guarantee still applied. It seems this has to do with regional product pricing, with those for release in some regions being at different prices! Hence a few years ago there was a proliferation of the "grey imports".

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 11:09:44 BDT
I could not find any differences in the specifications described for any of the three models. So if it is a question of "grey imports" or regional market segmenting (via Amazon???) I can only hope that the one I intend ordering (the FZ 48EB-K) will have an instruction manual in English...
Thanks anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 11:27:04 BDT
T.J.Byford says:
Jean,

It has occurred to me that one of the spec differences you do need to be aware of is the AC voltage of the charger, and if the video mode is for PAL or NTSC. And whilst the charger may be 110-230V compliant sometimes the actual unit has US style two pin connectors requiring you to use an adaptor. This is a dead give-away. I am assuming you are UK based and so would not want a 60Hz US model as this would not be compatible with the UK PAL 50Hz TV standard.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 11:54:29 BDT
Would Amazon.uk supply a non uk compliant item to a uk customer and delivery address?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 12:15:33 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Jul 2012 12:15:54 BDT
They should take it back if you were displeased. The Amazon Marketplace, or whatever it's called, could be a different matter though.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 12:15:48 BDT
T.J.Byford says:
Jean,
Extremely unlikely if Amazon themselves are the vendor. I'd say no way.

However, that may not always be the case if the seller is merely using the Amazon marketplace. I purchased a Fuji W3 3D camera at the lowest advertised price in the UK, and this came with a US mains charger. This was a single unit and had the pins incorporated, so not all sellers are aware of the law in the UK relating to compliant mains connectors.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 14:29:50 BDT
Thanks to all of you, most helpful! Will watch out!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jul 2012 18:48:07 BDT
G. Edwards says:
I have just bought the FZ48, and found it to be superb, that includes the zoom, and video recorder.
The 52mm lens thread is also a boon, as I can now use all my old SLR film camera filters.
The only down side, is the manual. You will have to download on line.

Posted on 5 Jul 2012 19:25:32 BDT
Graham H says:
I won't use Amazon marketplace for anything over a tenner due to bad experiences in the past.

You can always download an English manual from the manufacturer's website if it doesn't come with one.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the photography discussion forum (778 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  30 Jun 2012
Latest post:  5 Jul 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers