Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > photography discussion forum

traveling lens for lumix g3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Jul 2013, 23:55:16 BST
Hi folks.
I have a 2 week holiday booked for the states next year. New york, san francisco and Vegas.
Currently using a 14-44 and a 45-200.
Any suggestions on improvements that would benefit .

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2013, 21:36:07 BST
S. P. Long says:
The new 14-140 is a superb travel lens - it covers pretty much all the bases in a single lens. The first generation 14-140 was a big heavy thing - it weighed the best part of half a kilo, which would dwarf a G3. The new one (which is £100 more) is half the weight and slightly shorter and thinner, but with very little compromise in image quality. I did have the old 14-140, and it was the lens that lived on my G5 - I bought the new version as soon as it was launched, and it's now the lens that lives on my G6. The only drawback of the new one is that the image stabilisation system is quite noisy, and you can faintly hear it in the background on video recordings - not a problem for stills, or video recordings in conditions other than total silence, though!

Using the 14-140 also has the advantage that you can leave it on the camera most of the time and not run the risk of dust getting onto the sensor.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the photography discussion forum (778 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  31 Jul 2013
Latest post:  5 Aug 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer