Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > music discussion forum

Deadheads Utd

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4676-4700 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 17 Sep 2012, 17:42:19 BST
china cat says:
Still diddly squat here from California but Tempest arrived here from Wiltshire - spinning later; thanks again Grey..

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012, 17:53:33 BST
Wharf Rat says:
Something is going on Mg,ordered on 23rd last month,then another
email from Bread.net day later about wrong tracking number now
more than the alloted 12 days for post!.The company that I retired
from dealt with posting items from A to B.If the company cannot
deliver it becomes high-risk,I will give them a few more days grace
then will inquire that medium of 'Where's My Stuff'.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012, 17:55:30 BST
Wharf Rat says:
A little stormy up there then China... ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012, 18:07:43 BST
M. Burgess says:
Absolutely, Wharfy, this may be the last time I order from Bread Net, depending on what the outcome is re this order ( or pending what super duper set they come up with next year). We wait and see(the).

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012, 18:40:55 BST
I had the same Wharfy, as I said on an earlier post, mine should have arrived by last Saturday. The mess made with the tracking numbers is disgusting IMO. Problem is where else do you go!!!!
Must admit that I am losing confidence in them at the moment.

Posted on 17 Sep 2012, 18:50:47 BST
Derek W. says:
I'll be contacting them tomorrow, asssuming it doesn't arrive in the morning. Still no Dave's Picks 3 either.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2012, 02:48:01 BST
Last edited by the author on 18 Sep 2012, 02:49:50 BST
Wharf Rat says:
Same here Derek.Had no problems with Bread.net before
the Daves 3 and the Spring.

Posted on 18 Sep 2012, 08:34:30 BST
Must say that I had a problem with Winterland 73. Contacted them when over 4 weeks from posting had elapsed. Arrived next day by which time another had been sent express delivery when I emailed again. Second box arrived 3 days later, but as agreed I refused delivery so it went back.
Guess I'm just too honest!!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2012, 10:08:21 BST
Wharf Rat says:
A Man after my own heart,Cornish, well done :-)

Posted on 18 Sep 2012, 11:14:00 BST
Wharf Rat says:
In 1968 Andy Warhol stated that; 'In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes'.
The Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 (Russian: Ìèêîÿí è Ãóðåâè÷ ÌèÃ-15) was a jet fighter developed for the USSR by Artem Mikoyan and Mikhail Gurevich.
Year 15 (XV) was a common year starting on Tuesday of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Caesar and Flaccus (or, less frequently, year 768 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 15 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
A Video Graphics Array (VGA) connector is a three-row 15-pin DE-15 connector. The 15-pin VGA connector is found on many video cards, computer monitors, and some high definition television sets.
.....and now the Dead slot.....
Venues Played .. Boston Music Hall,Irvine Meadows and R.F.K Stadium
Times Played..... Wave That Flag and You Ain't Woman Enough
Time Played...... Dancin'(15:54 longest),DS(3),Eleven,Eyes(2),Fire(2),He's Gone
Grow,Dew(15:10 longest),NFA,TOO(2),PITB(3),Schoolgirl(2),Shakedown(2)
..15:22 longest),Sugaree,Terrapin,Viola Lee Blues,
In 1968 they played 15 'Deaths',1969 15 Black Peters and Cold Rains and in 1970
15 Cosmics and GDTRFB......
...which leads to the Cornish slot......
Hayle (Cornish: Heyl) is a small town, civil parish and cargo port in west Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. It is situated at the mouth of the Hayle River (which discharges into St Ives Bay) and is approximately seven miles (11 km) northeast of Penzance. The name derives from the Cornish heyl, meaning estuary.

Hayle parish was created in 1888 from part of the now defunct Phillack parish, with which it was later combined in 1935, and incorporated part of St Erth in 1937. The modern parish shares boundaries with St Ives to the west, St Erth to the south, Gwinear and Gwithian in the east, and is bounded to the north by the Celtic Sea.
The population of Hayle parish is 9024 and is the 15th largest in Cornwall.

.........which all means,only 15 sleeps to go........

Posted on 18 Sep 2012, 11:16:31 BST
Wharf Rat says:
...Spring hasn't arrived.......nice sunny day tho'

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2012, 12:40:27 BST
Ditto down here!

Posted on 18 Sep 2012, 15:00:43 BST
china cat says:
sunny and fresh here and old Dave's shown up...

Posted on 18 Sep 2012, 15:31:05 BST
Chris Jones says:
Good to hear it, China. Sunny and bright here and listening to the excellent Galley Beggar's 2nd album.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2012, 15:57:43 BST
Its not even Halloween yet, Wharf!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2012, 16:50:48 BST
If Dave can find his way up to you China, maybe he'll still manage to get over the Tamar!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2012, 17:08:30 BST
Wharf Rat says:
....probably swimming over the Tamar at this very moment
Cornish... ;-)

Posted on 18 Sep 2012, 17:36:36 BST
Derek W. says:
Cornish - suggest you monitor this closely, you might see him swim past.

http://www.salmonatlas.com/forums/river-tamar/10291-river-tamar-webcam-showing-river-height-fishing-conditions.html

Posted on 18 Sep 2012, 20:01:27 BST
Just checked guys, but there's no sighting yet ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2012, 23:25:55 BST
Greysuit says:
Not that I'm waiting for Dave - but I cleared the corner of our front garden of some seriously prickly 'stuff' and my house (or to be specific - the path past my front garden) no longer presents an obstacle course / injury hazard to passing pedestrians. Totally filled the green re-cycling wheely bin with more to go in when they empty it tomorrow morning.

Reversed the gate into the front garden and concreted the gate posts in - so that they don't wobble (well to precise - son of Greysuit did that bit) and fixed the trellis for the Clematis to the wall to stop it falling over ( again - to precise - son of Greysuit did that too) - but all in all - a truly grate day for gardening (and having the washing machine repaired).

I've just posted on the 'What are you hearing at the moment??? Part II' thread about my latest discovery - as in Ana Popovic's Unconditional (but for only a tenner). Nothing whatsoever to do with The good ol' GD - but worth checking out for a fabulous blues singer / guitarist.

Next up - however - is going to be Fear Fun by Father John Misty ( courtesy of Lez - if I recall correctly ).

And then I'll be off for my 15th sleep before the big day ( 14th sleep before Wharfy and I do our (almost traditional) recce ).

☺ ♫ ☺ ♫ ☺

p.s. - I'm still waiting for 9 sleeps so that I can blow your minds with another trivial fact that expains a well known saying.

☺ ♫ ☺ ♫ ☺

Posted on 19 Sep 2012, 07:58:56 BST
Derek W. says:
Just had my second email from deadnet asking me to confirm that I haven't received Dave's Picks 3. There plan seems to be to keep asking me until I say yes.

Haven't had any response a all to my email to CS re missing Spring 1990. I'm not impressed.

Posted on 19 Sep 2012, 09:10:43 BST
Chris Jones says:
Derek, I'd be surprised if you don't receive DP3 today or tomorrow. I got mine yesterday, as did several friends in the UK, and another friend got his this morning. I also received the same email from dead.net - which seems to be standard issue. It's not impressive at all - I can only hope that once the changes to the Dead.net store and fulfilment company have taken place that matters improve.
And who said that the Americans don't do irony:
globalwaresolutions.com/services/fulfillment-customer-service

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2012, 09:20:06 BST
Derek W. says:
Chris - yep, post just arrived with DLP3 this morning. So do I tell deadnet, or do I wait for them to ask me again?

Also received a demand for money from Parcelforce to release a parcel from Germany, which must be Spring 1990, unless my memory's failed me completely and I've ordered something expensive from Germany and forgotten about it!

So should have Spring 1990 tomorrow (I hope)!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2012, 09:53:09 BST
Chris Jones says:
Whether or not you tell dead.net is up to you. But I've told them that I've received mine. I'll listen out for Parcelforce in case it is Spring 90 arriving.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2012, 10:16:53 BST
Did you see my (short) review of Ana's album Grey done around last Christmas. One hell of an album IMO.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the music discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Music Forum Folks' Suggested Themes - Track 142 Nominations - Songs You Detest Round 7 5 3 hours ago
Music Forum Folks' Suggested Themes - Track 141 Votes -Any artist, band or song with a Mc, McC or Mac. 25 5 hours ago
Music Forum Folks' Suggested Themes - Track 138 Votes- Songs less than 2 minutes long 32 6 hours ago
MP3 Song Title Intercourse - The Unceasing Conversation Continues... 4525 6 hours ago
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB - call & response : how many roads must a man walk down ? 9966 7 hours ago
Favourite Artist(s) - Track 321 - Wolf People - nominated by SussexWelsh - Votes 4 10 hours ago
Benny Hill considered funnier than Monty Python and Hill's show had great musical numbers 826 11 hours ago
Music Forumers Suggested Themes. `Detest`! List Of Those Nominated 195 11 hours ago
Lyrical relay - pass the verbal baton - - - 6660 12 hours ago
Favourite Artist(s) - Track 321 - Wolf People - nominated by SussexWelsh - Nominations 20 16 hours ago
Follow the Lyric Game 9944 1 day ago
i read a book once. green it was 1435 2 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  music discussion forum
Participants:  113
Total posts:  8226
Initial post:  30 May 2009
Latest post:  19 May 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers