Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > mp3 discussion forum

Amazon's dumb MP3 system

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 114 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 1 Apr 2012 16:59:14 BDT
I don't know why you have to use the Amazon downloader but I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's a pretty small program. And I've never had any difficulties with it at all.

But it would be nice to be told in advance what the bitrate was, and to be able to download flacs.

ff

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Apr 2012 20:33:02 BDT
che says:
I am a complete computer idiot and have never downloaded an mp3 until now.
I found Amazons downloading system the easiest thing imagineable...
If I can do it anyone can

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2012 18:39:01 BDT
I get to no. 4 but there is no yellow/beige box or anything, so I can't redownload.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Apr 2012 09:52:41 BDT
Mr. David says:
I've had no trouble downloading from Amazon. Just follow the instructions but do not waver frome them as it will put the music in a folder it creates in 'music' if your on windows vista(dont know about other operating systems). The only downside I have experienced is having to download the installer agai if you haven't bought for a while.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Apr 2012 11:08:28 BDT
Suzie says:
Would definately recommed Rumer's album although I bought it on CD. The music is just beautiful and it is one of those rare albums where every single song is great!!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Apr 2012 13:30:37 BDT
Nik Watt says:
I didn't have a problem despite knowing 'zip' about downloading.

Curiously the help-line sounded like a recording and seemed to ignore that I downloaded two tracks for the price of two and got the same tracks three times' each!

Posted on 10 Apr 2012 05:02:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Apr 2012 05:08:43 BDT
Chaz says:
Just thought I should mention my mistake tonight in the hopes others don't do the same. I've only ever bought one mp3 from Amazon before, and only because I couldn't find it any where else. This was last year and everything went fine with a link for download via my web browser. Tonight however I bought 9 mp3 files and added them all to my basket and paid for them all at one. When I went to download them there were no links as before. I contacted Amazon about it thinking something had gone wrong but later I discovered this: "If you choose not to use the Amazon MP3 Downloader, you can buy and download individual songs only and must completely download each song you buy before buying another song." So my mistake, although some sort of warning would have been a good idea before just accepting the purchase knowing I wasn't going to be using the downloader for them. Any way, I've contacted them again in the hopes they can activate links for each file or refund me so I can buy them one at a time. It is annoying though, as I don't have to buy and download one track before being able to buy and download another track any where else. This does kind of 'push' you in to using their downloader so as to avoid the long process of doing them one at a time which to me is kind of underhanded .

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2012 19:54:18 BDT
same here, I just downloaded a Diana Ross track and NO sign of it anywhere!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2012 14:49:51 BDT
Chaz says:
Did you use their Downloader? If you did it will probably be in your 'My Music' folder. If you are using Win7 that will be 'C:\Users\yourname\Music\Amazon MP3\'. Probably the same for Vista. I think 'My Music' in XP was in 'My Documents'. If you used your browser you should have been prompted to select a folder manually when asked to save it.

I got mine in the end. They had to restore the link twice as it still wasn't there the first time. Had to use their Downloader though, but at least I've now got them. Mine were saved to the default 'Amazon MP3' folder as mentioed above as well.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2012 15:02:22 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Jun 2012 11:34:40 BDT
Chaz says:
Whilst their Dowloader is pretty easy to use, I don't like how Amazon are pretty much forcing you in to using it by only allowing you to pay for and download one track at a time if you chose to use your browser instead. No other site I download mp3 files from does this as I can add as many mp3 files to my basket as I want, pay for them all at the same time and then download them all as I want. And if you want a full album from Amazon you have to use the Dowloader.

Thus, using your browser with Amazon for anything more than a few mp3 downloads becomes a very laborious task.

Posted on 14 Apr 2012 10:16:59 BDT
This has just happened to me now, I have previously downloaded tracks with no problem, I download this one or so I thought and it says download complete, I go to open the file and it diverts me to a new web page and says download is not recognised, bloody con.

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 13:05:30 BDT
J. C. Boon says:
Completely useless I logged in the whole works. No idea where my download is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 18 Apr 2012 20:11:29 BDT
I've downloaded albums with no difficulty at all. Don't be put off ............

Posted on 19 Apr 2012 11:39:58 BDT
C. Spark says:
ive used with linux mint 10 in the past without any problems but i think it puts the files somewhere thats not immediately obvious.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 14:08:05 BDT
C. J. Fraser says:
The bit rate is variable, so although the number can look quite low it's because it's an average. There will be more compression in the quieter parts and less compression where there is a lot of range in the track. I'm quite partial to clean, uncompressed analogue music myself but to be fair i've never had any problems with Amazon MP3 downloads; and I use good headphones and have developed quite an ear for imperfect music.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2012 16:44:47 BDT
David says:
Come off it. You say its not hard but the truth is its less than simple: tracks cannot be resumed after a fairly short time and the system seems to be prone to problems. If its to be this difficult then people will go to alternative easier more reliable sources. In many cases this means pirate sources.

Pop-up blockers should even need to be mentioned - I won't be using amazon again if I can help it, the system is crap

Posted on 21 Apr 2012 08:22:19 BDT
A. Hansen says:
I have found the system problamatical,but Amazons mp3 team will sort out the problems for you.It is still easier to download the music you want for free.

Posted on 21 Apr 2012 16:48:11 BDT
Took about 10 mins after i bought a track for your stupid downloader to even acknowledge that i had bought something. sort it out your downloader sucks.

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 21:07:19 BDT
El Grande says:
The amazon installer has to be installed every time I want to download, and then it crashes after downloading just one track.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2012 20:40:21 BDT
Amazons MP3 system just gets more complicated and cumbersome. After problems a couple of years ago, I had taken to paying the extra 50p to iTunes, but 2 for £10 on Brandi Carlile & Ren Harvieu tempted me. Downloader installed & instructions followed but nothing downloaded. It shows the difference between iTunes & Amazon when it takes "Helen" (below) 16 lines to try & explain Amazon whilst a summary of Itunes could be Buy/Confirm/Listen. Still nothing from customer Service.

Posted on 14 Jun 2012 06:50:47 BDT
have you tried looking in Sample Music? My downloads end up there for some odd reason

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2012 09:51:08 BDT
I have problems downloading Amazon music.I have to enter download request several times.It works in the end but doesn't inspire confidence.I use i tunes which works more efficiently.Perhaps my computer isn't up to it!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2012 09:54:17 BDT
I quite agree with your actions.I use i tunes,a bit more money,but pennys really.It's a shame because Amazon have a great range and good prices.

Posted on 14 Jun 2012 14:25:51 BDT
I keep trying to download a MP3 (suppose to be free from Adam Lambert), I dl amazon's mp3 device but when I try to add the mp3 to my basket and then check out it is not there. Says basket is empty. Any help appreciated

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 22:12:59 BDT
paul108566 says:
Don't understand the gripes. The number of tracks I have downloaded is in 3 digits (not bragging - just setting you up for the next comment) ... and I have never had a single problem. Check system compatibility, cookie settings, and also the default setting for where music downloads go. Sorry if this is obvious but I've never experienced these problems and it sounds like some sort of incompatibility in the settings not a fault with the downloader. And for the previous post, try hitting the refresh button on the browser because - for reasons I haven't worked out - sometines the cache isn't refreshed automatically. Before now I have compiled an order and when I've clicked through to the 'Basket' screen I see the previous order. Just click refresh.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the mp3 discussion forum (439 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  mp3 discussion forum
Participants:  81
Total posts:  114
Initial post:  27 Jan 2012
Latest post:  13 Aug 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions