Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors discussion forum

Meet Writer Frank Mundo

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 74 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Feb 2012, 19:21:34 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Mar 2012, 18:27:08 BST
F Mundo says:
Hello, my name is Frank Mundo, and I'm from Los Angeles, CA. I've been writing short stories and poetry for almost 20 years. I'm a book reviewer for the New York Journal of Books, the San Diego Union Tribune, LA Today and many more. I've had more than 30 short stories published in university and literary journals in the US.

My book Gary, the Four-Eyed Fairy and Other Stories is a collection of 12 of my best short stories for only 77p on Kindle.

The book has eight 5-star reviews and includes a sample of my novel-in-verse The Brubury Tales, published by Indiana University, which won a Poet Laureate Award Nomination from UCLA and CAL, Reader Views 2011 Reviewers Choice Award for Poetry Book of the Year, and the 2011 Bookhitch Award for the Most Innovative Poetry Book of Year.

"The Brubury Tales [by Frank Mundo] is a landmark book, in what is going to be -- and already is -- an exceptional, distinguished literary career." Bestselling author Carolyn See, from the Washington Post.

"5 Stars: Mundo's skill is astounding and has a natural cadence. These stories are intriguing and compellingly human, and soon enough the reading becomes listening." --Sacramento Book Review

"5 Stars: With inspiration from many literary classics and plenty of original spin, The Brubury Tales is a fine collection and not one to be missed." --Midwest Book Review

"5 Stars: The Brubury Tales is a brilliant blend of writing, combining the style of Chaucer while putting a new slant on the short stories of the classical writers. --Reader Views

It's great to meet everyone and thanks for taking the time to read about my work. You can learn more about me on my author's page on Amazon.

Have a great day!

ETA: Updated link

Posted on 22 Feb 2012, 22:02:54 GMT
F Mundo says:
Writers and readers on twitter, follow me @frankemundo and I'll follow you back.

Posted on 28 Feb 2012, 06:45:27 GMT
F Mundo says:
Yay. My new book Gary, the Four-Eyed Fairy and Other Stories (only 77p) received another 5-star review today on Amazon in the US. The review also helped the book crack Amazon's 100 top-ranked short story collections at #89 in the US. Very exciting.

5.0 out of 5 stars: A Literary Achievement!

I just finished, Gary, the Four-Eyed Fairy and think it's brilliant. It is literary genius! Although written with a fair amount of humor, the stories within these pages have a chilling darkness to them that compel us to stop and think about life...the many decisions we must face when growing up, chances that are lost, and paths we take that have life-changing consequences.
These stories are deftly penned, precisely edited and, for me anyway, profoundly thought-provoking. Kudos and praise to this man's story-telling abilities. I am in awe.

Posted on 5 Mar 2012, 20:50:12 GMT
F Mundo says:
I have a new facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/FrankMundoBooks
Follow me and I'll follow you back.

Posted on 29 Mar 2012, 17:58:12 BST
F Mundo says:
Very exciting. My novel in verse, The Brubury Tales, is now available for Kindle for only £2.59.

Currently it's #27 in Books > Fiction > Poetry & Drama > Poetry > Genres > Epics
#81 in Kindle Store > Books > Fiction > Poetry

Check it out if you have a minute.

Posted on 15 Apr 2012, 03:23:58 BST
Last edited by the author on 15 Apr 2012, 03:24:14 BST
F Mundo says:
Multi-story.co.uk named Gary, the Four-Eyed Fairy and Other Stories a Favorite Read for April 2012.

"5 Stars: An inter-connecting collection of short stories written by a prize-winning American poet and author. A sharply observed take on the human condition, it's full of off-beat humour, life lessons and moral dilemmas."

Posted on 25 Jul 2012, 06:03:42 BST
F Mundo says:
Gary, the Four-Eyed Fairy and Other Stories is a collection of 12 short stories and the first chapter of The Brubury Tales for only 1.28. There are 30 descriptive 5-star reviews for these works in the UK and the US. Check out the sample.

Posted on 7 Aug 2012, 07:55:34 BST
F Mundo says:
Gary, the Four-Eyed Fairy and Other Stories Just try the sample. Give it a shot. 12 stories plus the fist chapter of my novel for only 1.28.

Posted on 25 Sep 2012, 07:34:33 BST
F Mundo says:
The Brubury Tales is poetry for people who hate poetry. Check out the sample.

Posted on 26 Sep 2012, 11:12:54 BST
Hello, Frank

Nice to meet you. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2012, 16:22:25 BST
F Mundo says:
Hey, Stella. Thanks for stopping by. It was lonely in here :)

Posted on 26 Sep 2012, 16:29:58 BST
I saw that, hence my popping in. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2012, 16:37:00 BST
F Mundo says:
Much appreciated! I hope all is well with the new short story book. I hope everyone checks it out. 5-Minute Tea Break Stories

Posted on 26 Sep 2012, 17:08:22 BST
:-)

Did you download it?

You have quite a few books on offer too, my dear.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2012, 17:56:39 BST
F Mundo says:
I did. I downloaded it from the US site when you had the promo.

Posted on 26 Sep 2012, 18:01:24 BST
Ah, good. Hope you don't find any massive errors as I've half-proofed them myself. :-)

If you find plenty, I'll have to eat my hat.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2012, 21:34:43 BST
F Mundo says:
No worries. I'm sure you did great :) You won't have to eat your hat.

Posted on 26 Sep 2012, 21:41:38 BST
Last edited by the author on 29 Sep 2012, 09:28:04 BST
Don't say that. I'm starting to believe that's impossible for me to release a book without errors. And by that I mean riddled with errors. Long story. I keep saying it won't happen again, then impatience gets the better of me and I don't double check. Very bad. I should have been eating plenty of hats by now. lol

Posted on 29 Sep 2012, 06:51:08 BST
F Mundo says:
It's definitely a challenge for me as well and I know it's not perfect, but reviews like this make the effort all worthwhile:)

Gary, the Four-Eyed Fairy and Other Stories is a collection of 12 short stories for only £1.23.

5 stars: An exciting series of short stories which reads like a novel...
This is ostensibly a series of short stories, but because of the common theme and character of the narrator J.T. Glass, it feels much more like a novel. The reader is led through a series of situations J.T. finds himself in --- sometimes from childhood, sometimes adolescence, and sometimes adulthood --- and sees those situations through J.T.'s eyes. Those eyes are ironic, intelligent, and full of humor about things that would otherwise be impossible to cope with.

Reading this book is something of an emotional adventure. The situations are so shocking, and so varied, that there's never a point at which you can guess what's coming next. But the heart of the book --- the tone which is maintained throughout --- is kind enough that the ride can be endured, and is worth going on.

Oh, and most importantly. This book is written with an artist's eye (a fact which is hinted at in the very first story). Phrases are used symmetrically, popping up meaning one thing at one moment, and something much richer at another. The language, the pacing, and the mood are all established carefully.

If you ignore the attention poured into it, the end result is a book which reads smoothly and easily. If you care to, though, it's also a book worth studying.

Posted on 29 Sep 2012, 09:29:00 BST
As you can see, I can't even get a post right. Gee. Good luck with your shorts. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Sep 2012, 03:43:51 BST
F Mundo says:
Thanks, Stella! :)

Posted on 6 Oct 2012, 07:04:05 BST
F Mundo says:
What if your sick and suffering grandmother asked you to kill her? That's the premise of "Remorse," just one of 12 short stories in Gary, the Four-Eyed Fairy and Other Stories.

Posted on 1 Nov 2012, 07:04:21 GMT
F Mundo says:
Gary, the Four-Eyed Fairy and Other Stories is on sale right now for only .77p. Check it out. Adults only, please.

Posted on 17 Nov 2012, 06:02:11 GMT
F Mundo says:
Gary, the Four-Eyed Fairy and Other Stories Only one more free day for this. Named a "favourite read" by multi-story.co.uk for April 2012. Fourteen 4- and 5-star reviews in the US and the UK.

Posted on 18 Nov 2012, 03:18:45 GMT
F Mundo says:
Gary, the Four-Eyed Fairy and Other Stories is still free until midnight. But in case you get here too late, check out my new essay: Marriage Before, During and After a Heart Attack http://tinyurl.com/bljlqdu Yes, it's non-fiction but you might like it.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
children's titles 965 5 hours ago
Children's Books! 618 5 hours ago
Indie Authors Self Promo 4839 6 hours ago
Thrillers on Kindle 2 1197 20 hours ago
I do want to read your book 1842 20 hours ago
something to read on the commute? 764 22 hours ago
List Your Kindle Books Here.... 719 22 hours ago
Fiction and Nonfiction Books 838 22 hours ago
Reverse Promotion in the UK! 1320 22 hours ago
New British Authors - Promote your work here! 3885 22 hours ago
Looking for something to read this weekend? 1488 22 hours ago
Do You Have Book On Kindle? 7312 22 hours ago

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  74
Initial post:  13 Feb 2012
Latest post:  7 Dec 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer