Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 607 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2012, 12:01:12 BST
Alison Buck says:
Hi MTM
Thanks for posting here.
Best of luck with K'Barthan parts 1 & 2.
Glad to hear part 3 is on its way ;-)

Posted on 23 Apr 2012, 13:19:48 BST
Tracers (Timeline Series) 77p
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Excerpt:
'The apartment has been ransacked. Books, photos, furniture. Everything has been thrown around the room as if someone was looking for a cache of weapons. I go to the phone to call my father's workplace. The receptionist, Sally, who I had met before at barbeques we were invited to, answers the phone.
"Hi this is the Daily Newstand, how may I help you?" she says.
"Hi Sally, it's Jerry Daniels, I'm wondering if you could put me through to my father," I say. There is a long pause on the other end. I start gnashing on my nails anxiously.
After a minute she speaks again. "I'm sorry, who is your father?"
"Richard. Richard Daniels."
She starts typing at the computer. "I'm sorry; no one named Richard Daniels has ever worked here before. Can I help you with anything else?"
The phone drops to the floor as my hand falls by my side. The back of my head starts pounding as the world spins around me. My eyes start to close. The world goes black.'

Who Am I?
--------------------------

My name is Jerry Daniels. I'm nineteen years old... or at least I am for now.

Two years ago my parents went missing. I went to the police, FBI, private investigators... everyone. But I got told the same story... that they had never existed.

A year ago, I had some trouble at school. It's not exactly easy to fit in when everyone thinks you're a nut-job who created a set of 'imaginary parents.' The school counsellor suggested I seek some 'help' or whatever. But I'm not crazy... I'm not.

Yesterday, I had my high school graduation ceremony... or at least I think it was yesterday. I've been losing track of time lately. To tell you the truth... Yesterday I went into the future and as crazy as it sounds it's all true, believe me.

Today, I finally started training to control my abilities. Everyone says I'm a 'Royal'... some sort of prodigy. All I care about is finding my parents.

I just got word that they're after me. I haven't had long to train, it's all instinct from here on out. 'Death' is coming, 'la morte' or 'Morters' as they like to be called. Tomorrow... they will test me. Tomorrow... I fight for my life.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012, 14:11:10 BST
Hello again to UK authors. There doesn't seem to be a children's book thread in the MOA forum, so I guess this one is the nearest. I would like to recommend The Dictator of Britannica that is sci-fantasy for early teens (12+) by one of my authors.
Also my first children's story collection of spoof and fantasy: Short and Tall

Posted on 23 Apr 2012, 15:03:46 BST
Second in my series is now released.

The Mystic Accountants (The Banned Underground)

Join the quest for a magical toilet. watch as mad monks invade Wales ( proof positive of their insanity). Fall off your chair laughing, and make the author's fantasy become real.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012, 15:22:13 BST
Alison, as a Brit I am unsure as to what age YA fiction pertains. My books are aimed at 7 - 12 year olds. Am I in the wrong category here?

Posted on 23 Apr 2012, 16:48:26 BST
Helen, as a fellow Brit, the age groups have become roughly commesurate, probably as a result of Amazon's influence. 7 - 12 would be MG these days. Younger, childrens. YA starts around 14 and goes up to 18 or 21, depending whose site you are looking at.

Certainly 7 - 12 is too young to access a lot of the material sold as YA.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012, 17:14:02 BST
I. Black says:
Come and meet me at the Guildford Library World Book Day event tonight from 7.30-midnight. I will be answering questions about my novels, along with other Surrey authors.
My 3 novels are all around £1.53.
Darshan: a Journey Set mainly in Oxford and India: Sara, a young Indian student in Oxford sets out to find her missing Welsh father - and to escape the prospect of an arranged marriage back in India by marrying an Englishman. The result of her quest, which takes her through Europe, America and India, is not quite what she expected as she gets involved with a dangerous religious cult and a series of romantic catastrophes.

Noontide Owls A Crossover Fantasy: The Conquering Army of Shoog the Awesome has marched out of Ambamar after 100 years. But freedom does not bring peace. It is left to 14-year-old Mara and the two noble Trumpeters to try and stop the city from destroying itself and all the marvellous beings that inhabit its world.

The Moon's Complexion A romantic thriller set in Surrey, India and Sri Lanka. Hannah, an English journalist, is fleeing from a stalker. She meets Ashok, an Indian doctor. Together they set out to trap the stalker. They fall in love but their romance is hampered by issues involving their overlapping past, as well as some cultural misunderstandings. It's also available in paperback,

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012, 23:40:34 BST
Alison Buck says:
Hi Helen
Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you - it's been a busy day!
You'll be glad to hear that there is a Children's Fiction thread here in the MOA. I'll go and give it bump to bring back to the front page for you.
Best of luck with Short and Tall ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012, 23:54:44 BST
Last edited by the author on 23 Apr 2012, 23:55:54 BST
Alison Buck says:
Hi Helen, Will and Irene
Hope all your books are doing really well ;-)

Thanks for sorting Helen's YA age range question, Will

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2012, 07:04:21 BST
Thanks, Will....and, uh, what's 'MG'?

Posted on 24 Apr 2012, 12:06:31 BST
Hi Helen.

it's geek speak for 'middle grade'....which is a US term, but one the agents over here seem to have adopted too

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2012, 12:29:46 BST
Ah, you live and learn!!

Posted on 24 Apr 2012, 12:33:56 BST
Thanks to Alison and Will for info. I have now found the children's thread on MOA. I realise there are 2 Helens here now, but my pen name is Ellie B Morris for children's books.
So MG = 'for tweens'?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2012, 21:59:19 BST
Exactly what I was going to ask!

Cheers

MTM

Posted on 25 Apr 2012, 05:29:19 BST
Roger Weston says:
****Not a case of Fools Gold!, 16 Feb 2012

I really enjoyed this book!

...I like the fact that unlike most books in this genre the treasure was the first thing that was found. The book is a good adventure and was really about surviving against dreadful odds. I like the writing style and the characters were generally well drawn so a real thumbs up! The Golden Catch

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012, 10:06:59 BST
Alison Buck says:
Congrats on that great review, Roger ;-)

Posted on 27 Apr 2012, 11:32:30 BST
M. White says:
Well The Night the Aliens went on Strike is still plugging away and is a YA title - the intergalactic tale of noise nuisance and employment disputes...

And Geb's Revenge is also at 77p on Kindle (I think)

Thanks

Posted on 27 Apr 2012, 11:51:21 BST
[Deleted by Amazon on 27 Apr 2012, 16:26:55 BST]

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012, 17:43:32 BST
Roger Weston says:
Thanks, Alison.

Posted on 28 Apr 2012, 08:40:39 BST
Andy Sayles says:
Battle Boys

Action, adventure, magic, monsters!

Sandringham Tate was hoping for a relaxing summer holiday, reading books and generally not doing very much.

Instead, he will have to fight monsters, rescue his parents from another dimension and protect the world from three evil sorcerers hell-bent on enslaving humanity.

A tall order for a thirteen year old boy who doesn't even like doing PE!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2012, 17:07:06 BST
mountainmama says:
Thanks for reminding me of this thread, Allison!

I just published the second book for my son. This one is the first book in a YA adventure series: Chronicles of Time: Book 1 by J C Allen. For a quick blurb, watch the YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyBxe1CUwB4&feature=youtu.be

Posted on 28 Apr 2012, 17:13:39 BST
Alison Buck says:
You're welcome mm.
Best of luck with Chronicles of Time: Book 1 ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2012, 18:07:45 BST
mountainmama says:
Thanks, Allison. It amazes me how many adults read what we classify as YA fiction. Someone asked on the US forum if it was because more adults read at a YA level, but I really think it's because the stories are more adventurous and imaginative, without all the language found in some of the "adult" reads.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2012, 19:10:58 BST
Alison Buck says:
Could be, mm. I've also heard it said that people read more fantasy and adventure - as escapism - when economic times are hard.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2012, 22:56:56 BST
mountainmama says:
Another good point, Allison.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  117
Total posts:  607
Initial post:  14 Dec 2011
Latest post:  2 Jul 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers