Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors discussion forum

Indie Authors Self Promo

Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on 16 Apr 2012 16:27:15 BDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3026-3050 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 29 Dec 2013 17:25:37 GMT
Max China says:
The Sister is an epic length novel that explores among its many themes, the role that chance plays in all of our lives, and how fate governs us, and perhaps ultimately, the possibility that there is a life after death. Warning: Adult content. This book is selling at a 40% discount, currently until the New Year.

'A devious and compelling thriller that will keep you guessing from start to finish.'
'A beautifully woven tapestry of exciting episodes, combined with very well drawn characters. The story doesn't flag at all. It held me every minute I was reading it. This is the work of a master storyteller and a very good writer.' Source: authonomy

Posted on 29 Dec 2013 17:27:55 GMT
Roger Cave says:
Deep Blue (Alec Fincham #7)
Somali pirates kidnap a South African diamond miner. Fincham is engaged to get him out, no matter the cost. To fail will deepen the world's financial crisis, and strengthen foreign terrorist cells.

Grand Prix Variation (Alec Fincham #8)
Fincham is tasked with providing protection to a Formula 1 Racing Team. The team's owner is also a supplier of military technology to the Armed Forces. One man wants that relationship terminated, permanently.

Queen's Knight (Alec Fincham #9)
The love of Anastasia Hunt's life goes missing, but nothing is at it first appears. Alec Fincham is brought in to resolve the case, but can he get to the bottom of what's going on without paying the ultimate price?

Snake Variation (Alec Fincham #10)
In this one Alec Fincham travels to the Middle East during the Arab Spring, but he's not involved in a way you would expect. Nevertheless, it is no less dangerous for him and his team as everyone they encounter will be a threat to their lives.

Monticelli Trap (Alec Fincham #11)
Alec Fincham travels to Sorrento for a well earned break away from the violence he usually has to deal with. However, the holiday turns out to be anything but relaxing, as Fincham gets dragged into the quagmire once again. This time though, the ones he love are also at risk.

Posted on 29 Dec 2013 21:29:41 GMT
Max China says:
The Sister UK sales just keeping ahead of USA since I set the 40% discount. Good to see something working:)

Posted on 29 Dec 2013 23:07:57 GMT
Max China says:
The Sister is an epic length novel that explores among its many themes, the role that chance plays in all of our lives, and how fate governs us, and perhaps ultimately, the possibility that there is a life after death. Warning: Adult content.
The Sister

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Dec 2013 04:57:31 GMT
ANN SELF says:
ROMANTIC MYSTERY/THRILLER series of atmospheric suspense. A slightly spectral whodunit running side-by-side with a love story and the magic of dressage. Three large Kindles (over 100,000 words each). Seventeen, 4 and 5-star reviews for first book.

A revelation to some, the mansion on Springhill Estate in New England has a hidden connection to history, giving the stone edifice a haunted aura. Far out in the rolling hills the estate's gothic barn glows like a giant wedding cake, chock full of top-dollar showhorses and top-dollar riders. The barn roof soars above a second floor of storage spaces, empty rooms and haylofts. Someone lurks in these spaces, spying and calculating, turning the antique barn into a theater of cat-and-mouse suspense. Maybe it's one of the elite riders, or one of the coaches, or just a working stiff caring for the horses and cleaning stalls.
A hurricane roaring up the east coast brings tropical-force storm conditions, shrouding the 2,000-acre estate and increasing its isolation. A clever trap snares the wrong victim, and that brings Massachusetts Sate Police Detectives Westerlund and Russell onto the scene to root out a killer. After passing through the stone gatelodge of Springhill, the homicide detectives feel like they've arrived at another planet, surprised at the cloistered air of the estate.
The intended target of the trap, Jane Husted, has to watch her back and tries to get in tune with a sixth-sense she didn't know she had. ESP was not something she ever needed or believed in, but now this talent, if it was real, could help her to stay a step ahead of a ruthless killer. Shockingly, the ESP is also bringing the estate's murky past out of the woodwork, connecting her with things she'd rather ignore.
To add to the intrigue, Brian Canaday shows up as an investor in the estate's European sport horses, rekindling an old infatuation. A complication Jane doesn't want to deal with as she fights to keep her career as a showrider and, most important, stay alive and breathing. But SOMEONE really wants her DEAD. Who?

SOMETHING MOST DEADLY , SOMETHING VERY GHOSTLY , SOMETHING MOST EVIL . Always clean romance. Mild language.

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 05:34:32 GMT
Max China says:
A girl is missing. A serial killer comes onto the radar for the first time in forty years. DCI John Kennedy engages in a deadly game. The Sister out now on amazon - 40% off until New Year!

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 12:24:41 GMT
Mary Bale says:
writing as Pamela St Abbs:
Smoke Shadows (Inspector Campbell Mysteries)
Water Weal (Inspector Campbell Mysteries)
Twisting Tide (Inspector Campbell Mysteries)

The Edinburgh detective plies his trade in East Anglia.

If you like Ruth Rendell or PD James you might like these.

Also, a collection of eight short mystery stories:
A Short Journey to St Abbs

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 14:38:51 GMT
A short excerpt from For The Love Of Honey (Simon Grant Mysteries), the latest offering from the 3 Simon Grant Mysteries stable:

"There were 113 posts waiting for her in the Writers' Club. She immediately deleted all the chitchat in the Young Adult and Children's Lit sections, skimmed through the uploads of various excerpts from what was known as `work in progress', in other words, chapters from unfinished novels and stories written by other literary wannabes like herself in the Showcase Section, quickly read the latest exchange of insults between two moderately famous writers in the section called General, and left the rest for later."

Yes, one of my protagonists is one of us - a wanabe indie writer.

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 20:36:22 GMT
Nina says:
All my children's books on kindle are on special offer for 99p from now and into the New Year 2014!
Jess and the Ghost of Black Rock Castle (The Jess series)
Jess and the Magic Wishing Well (The Jess Series)
Jess and the Christmas Surprise ('The Jess Series')

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 20:47:36 GMT
Max China says:
Max China interview extract: Just before Easter in 2009, a conversation with a friend on the subject of writing, led me to summarise for her each of the stories I'd written so far. As I was recounting them, I was struck by a blizzard of new ideas that streamed from my mouth so spontaneously, I worried I wouldn't be able to recall them afterwards.
Over the next few days I wrote like a mad thing, just to record all the ideas. The Sister was born. The inspiration, looking back was the culmination of a series of 'what if' scenarios - What if I told you about a guy who was so successful at murdering young women, so devious and cunning, he'd remained undectected for over forty years? What if I told you a cold case reconstruction in late 2006 brought him onto the radar for the first time with the emergence of a new witness to the disappearance of a young nurse in 1983? What if the detective assigned to the case had dark secrets of his own? Without giving away too much, I also wanted to explore the role that chance plays in all of our lives and how fate governs us and perhaps ultimately, the possibility that there is a life after death.
The Sister

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 22:47:34 GMT
Biker Babs says:
I just saw that my 1st Fredrickson Winery novel is #FREE here in the UK! So, start the new year off right and get entangled in a winery mystery:)

Entangled (A Fredrickson Winery Novel)
A Minneapolis attorney inherits a small California winery, reawakening memories that have lain dormant for twenty years. Secrets lie buried beneath Fredrickson Winery's innocent facade and Billie intends to get to the root. But disturbing the past lays bare the skeletons of others, including her mother's. Can she live with the consequences of full disclosure or will she run home where everyone is Minnesota nice?
Book Trailer: http://youtu.be/RcVjSOJc4E0

Crushed (A Fredrickson Winery Novel)
Newly hired as chief winemaker, Margaret Parker's past collides headlong with the present when her son's deadbeat dad returns from Italy demanding custody just when she thinks she's falling for the new guy in town. Then her father is unexpectedly released from prison, and starts a little trouble of his own. All during the busiest time of the year--harvest. With murder in the mix, it's definitely going to be a red wine this year.

Savor (The Fredrickson Winery Novels)
Newly married, Billie and Handel find themselves knee-deep in another mystery. Defending a wealthy San Francisco businessman against capital murder charges, Handel soon discovers that media attention brings more than fame and fortune. When Billie's life is threatened, he believes it's connected to the case, and he'll do whatever it takes to keep her safe.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 13:48:23 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 15 Jan 2014 12:14:20 GMT]

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 15:50:09 GMT
Travelman says:
Hello everyone. Why not treat yourself by immersing your mind in stories set in the humid heat of the West African coast or the dry heat of the northern deserts. I have books on Kindle (and paperback except the novellas) they're all set in West Africa during the turbulent sixties and have great reviews.

The Up-Country Man Memoir 180k words. A personal account of the first one hundred days, when, as a civilian, I was trapped inside secessionist Biafra in 1967 (Nigerian Civil War). Lots of tension, action and funny bits too. Updated Second Edition.

The Last Bature (Batuuree) Fiction 102k words. The last white police officer in a failing ex-British colony faces many threats and situations when he tries to avert a national catastrophe.

The Last Bature Short stories 104k words. Greed, jealousy and ignorance are just some of the subjects in eight stand-alone stories with a twist.

The Mine My latest book. Fiction. 110k words. An MI6 agent and a senior African police officer investigate the kidnapping of a group of archaeologists and much more in an ex-British colony. A thriller/adventure story set in a background of secession, civil war, breathtaking corruption and Romans!

I have extracted three of the stories from Tribal Gathering as tasters, available at 77p each.
Boom Town A man steals a fortune under cover of war.
Hot Metal Strange goings-on in the forest.
Juju-Men Delivering a parcel to the Freemasons' Lodge brings death and destruction to the region.
Click on my profile for the website address and more info on free offers.

Ken Ryeland

Posted on 1 Jan 2014 15:13:56 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jan 2014 15:23:41 GMT
Nina says:
Happy New Year everyone.
All my children's books are on special offer for 99p on kindle for the first week of 2014:
Jess and the Ghost of Black Rock Castle (The Jess series)
Jess and the Magic Wishing Well (The Jess Series)
Jess and the Christmas Surprise ('The Jess Series')
They are suitable for children of 7 years and older and are also available as paperbacks.

Posted on 1 Jan 2014 18:42:29 GMT
Max China says:
Reader comment: 'The story is captivating, a real page turner. The many facets to this story, draws the reader in with curiosity, intrigue and anticipation giving it all the makings of an excellent thriller . . .'The Sister

Posted on 1 Jan 2014 20:02:42 GMT
Bill Todd says:
A very happy New Year to one and all. And if you're looking for some books for your new ereader take a look at these:

THE WRECK OF THE MARGHERITA - 98p
What deadly cargo washed overboard when the storm hit?
"Witty, gory, sexy, educational in parts, it's a fantastic read"

DEATH SQUAD - £2
Who is murdering members of a 70s dinosaur rock band?
"Great stuff, with lots of bodice-ripping - by both bullet and basic instinct"

ROUGH DIAMOND - £1.96
What is the secret of Kaapse Kobra? Who is Sanddancer Jessie Shafto?
"Plenty of sex, violence and humour"

ROCK HARD - £1.98
How far do you go to help the man who saved your life?
"Britain's answer to Jack Reacher, explosive to the end"

Danny Lancaster - wounded Afghanistan veteran, widowed father of two, private investigator, hero of four crime thrillers with 5* reviews.

Posted on 1 Jan 2014 20:27:19 GMT
Indy Fan says:
Kicking off the Donna Harp series about a young police officer struggling to do her job in a small community is Shattered (Donna Harp Book One - Anniversary Edition) just 99c

THE ANNIVERSARY EDITION OF BOOK ONE IN THE POPULAR DONNA HARP SERIES

This special anniversary edition, marking 2 years since its release, has been extensively re-edited and includes Escape - The Reckoning Episode 1, which is the 2nd book in the Donna Harp series and picks up where Shattered finishes. Also in this edition I've included sample chapters of three of my other titles.

A KILLER ON THE LOOSE, A VILLAGE TORN BY FEAR AND SUSPICION

When the body of a brutally murdered young girl is found, Constable Donna Harp finds herself between a rock and a hard place.
Her superior, Sergeant Underwood quickly latches on to the newest resident of Greenville, Jason Denton, an author and former detective, as his prime suspect, though she isn't convinced of his guilt. Over the next couple of days more girls are murdered, and Underwood continues to focus on Jason Denton, leaving Donna worried that he is allowing his prejudice against outsiders to influence the investigation.
Things become worse when the friends and relatives of the murdered girls, impatient with the investigation, decide to take matters into their own hands.
An attempt on Jason Denton's life, and her superior's increasing antagonism and narrow-mindedness, push Donna into risking her career to ensure everything possible is done to stop the killer before he can strike again.
Will the decision she makes prove right, or will it cost her the career she hasn't even begun to build yet?

Deceptions 2.99
An international action thriller from the bestselling author of Shattered

A mansion is set on fire to cover up the brutal massacre of more than a dozen men, women and children.
Maria Torres, a young maid in the Sanchez household stumbles from the smoke, bleeding and choking after escaping the slaughter by hiding in a wardrobe, where she listens to the murder of her uncle.
Determined not to let his murder pass unpunished she agrees to testify, but when Philippe Noir, the most powerful drug baron in France, learns that Maria can place him at the scene of the massacre the murderous crime lord sends men to kill her.
While interpol and the Spanish police search for the physical evidence to support their only witness, and ensure the extradition of Noir to Spain to face trial for the murder of his business rival, the body count rises.
Noir's men are prepared to gun down anyone who gets between them and Maria; cop or civilian, it doesn't matter to them.
Can Graeme Post, his Interpol team and the Spanish police keep Maria alive long enough for her to testify and go into witness protection?

A Brother's Debt (Step Velkin Series) 99c
Brotherly love leads to A Brother's Debt

A call for help brings Step Velkin to the frontier, where he discovers his estranged brother is dead.
As if that isn't bad enough, he learns his brother has left him with debts he can't afford to pay off. Debts which are owned by Ettore Carboni, one of the biggest and most powerful gangsters in that sector of space.
With no other choice open to him Step is forced to work for Carboni to pay off the debt. His first job, to smuggle a package; unfortunately, one of Carboni's rivals is after the package, and he doesn't care if he has to use bribery or force to get it.

The first adventure for Step as he adjusts to his new life, his new - barely space worthy - ship and the perils of the frontier sector.

First Strand - A Tangled Web Part 1 99c
The first part of a four part serialised semi-erotic espionage novel set in 1920s China.

A tale of spies, rebels, love, deceit, treachery and self-discovery.

'Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.'

In the 1920s being a woman is tough, being a woman with a mind and opinions is tougher still.

Alice Talisker is a problem for her superiors, she's a suffragette, a 'troublemaker', with an education and the desire to use it. They can't simply get rid of her, her family connections prevent that, so Colonel Fortesque devises a plan.
Sent to gather information - the British government does not spy - on a group of female rebels, Alice finds herself in a desperate situation when she encounters the dangerous but charismatic Madam Xui-Li Hong.
Determined to prove her worth to the Colonel, at all costs, she finds herself forced into doing things she has been brought up to believe are wrong and shameful in order to get close to Madam Hong and the rebels.
How far will she have to go before she's trusted? Will her deceit be discovered?
Forced to deceive both sides Alice finds herself caught in the middle, with no idea which way to turn, or even what it is she wants anymore.

Lauren: The Nightmare FREE
A horror short by the #1 bestselling author

A night out with friends becomes a nightmare.
When she's attacked following a friend's birthday in town Lauren begins to wonder if she's losing her mind. The things she remembers can't possibly be true, can they? After all, vampires are just creations of literature, myth and horror movies.

Posted on 1 Jan 2014 21:01:57 GMT
Happy 2014!

Do you enjoy books on end-times prophecy? If so you might like SCARS.

Over 100 five-star reviews US / WINNER GLOBAL EBOOK AWARD -RELIGIOUS/FAITH FICTION

"...I thought the book was well written, enabling me to really be in the head of the main character, Becky. I have read a number of 'end times', yet I felt that the author created a completely fresh and compelling take on the subject. I found the book to be thought provoking and enjoyable!" Judge - Global EBook Award 2013

-----------Oooo---- Take a thrilling walk
-----------(----)--- through Revelation
------------)--/----- in this heart-wrenching story
----oooO--(_/--- of a young girl
----(---)------- who struggles
-----\--(------ to survive
------\_)------ the Tribulation.

SCARS: An Amazing End-Times Prophecy Novel AVAILABLE in Kindle, paperback and in audiobook

Posted on 2 Jan 2014 08:52:25 GMT
Have you read the latest in the Simon Grant Mysteries series, For The Love Of Honey (Simon Grant Mysteries)?
This new bestseller follows
HIDING THE ELEPHANT (Simon Grant Mysteries)
and
LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTERS (Simon Grant Mysteries)

All the three are available in kindle and paper editions.
Or, you can buy them together in a single volume
3 Simon Grant Mysteries

Posted on 2 Jan 2014 14:41:26 GMT
Max China says:
Amazon Prime Members borrow The Sister free from your kindle device. Preview here The Sister 'Read the 1st 5 chapters, after that, I couldn't put it down'

Posted on 9 Jan 2014 22:10:50 GMT
Shepard's Guide to Mastering French Wines - your reliable and comprehensive guide to the wines of France - saves its cost with your next wine purchase!

Here's a 5 star review:

""Shepard's Guide to Mastering French Wines is a very valuable guide to all sorts of French wines. From Bordeaux to Burgundy, he carefully looks at quality wines from each region. The guide is practical, too, saving me money, with dozens of fine suggestions for wines that I enjoy. Shepard also has a keen eye for bargains - good wines that are not well known, or wines that are overshadowed by their more pricy neighbors. It is a pleasure during this holiday season to learn as well that France produces excellent sparkling wines, at one-third the cost of their champagnes. The seasons count here, with light wines for summer enjoyment, and heartier Madirn and Cahors wines for the winter.
For those planning a trip to France, the author gives suggested itineraries throughout the French wine regions. There are even imbedded e-mails to wine estates, for you to arrange your tasting appointments before you even leave home! Add to that the dozens of hyperlinks, which take you directly from the book to, and you have a very helpful guide wine property web sites - and one that is up to date."

Posted on 9 Jan 2014 23:02:44 GMT
Minijax says:
If you enjoy genealogical novels, Tainted Tree may be the book for you. Under £2 for the Kindle; 46 reviews, average 4.6 stars; 115,000 words, (or 367 pages in print.)

Winner of the second prize at the Winchester Writers' Conference, Tainted Tree tells the story of Addie Russell, an adopted American girl, who comes to England to investigate her family history, leaving behind a failed love affair. It's set in the 1990s, when Addie is left a house in the UK, and arrives from Boston with a view to learning all she can about her blood family. Her research takes her back to the early part of the 20th century and to Surrey and the West Country. A new romance awaits her, but family secrets both shock and thrill her.

Posted on 9 Jan 2014 23:05:17 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 9 Jan 2014 23:07:01 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jan 2014 03:56:32 GMT
ANN SELF says:
Atmospheric whodunit with ghostly overtones in this ROMANTIC THRILLER series of three large Kindles (over 100,000 words each). Sizzling cat-and-mouse suspense merged with a clean romance. Seventeen, 4 and 5-star reviews for first book in series.

Jane Husted was born with a gift of extra-sensory-perception, but unaware of the hidden talent until her life is threatened by an elusive enemy; a stalker who hides in the monster gothic barn on Springhill Estate in New England where she works training showhorses. Jane's tiny apartment up in the nosebleed top story of the barn leaves her isolated and vulnerable in a maze of passageways, storage rooms and haylofts.
The wealthy Whitbeck family residing in the estate's stone mansion gives little thought to the safety and comfort of employees. Nor do elite riders concern themselves with the plight of anyone working in the barn. They just don't care. Only fellow employees worry about Jane's safety, and many of them think the old spooky barn is shifting her imagination into overdrive.
A hurricane roaring up the east coast brings storm-force conditions, isolating the barn and putting Jane in danger so extreme she may need the help of a man she's been doing her best to avoid: wealthy businessman Brian Canaday, an old infatuation who is now an investor in the estate's European sport horses.
But will HE believe her and will he CARE?

SOMETHING MOST DEADLY , SOMETHING VERY GHOSTLY , SOMETHING MOST EVIL . Always clean romance and mild language.

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 10:20:55 GMT
The latest in the Simon Grant Mysteries series

For The Love Of Honey (Simon Grant Mysteries)
in Kindle and paper editions

5.0 out of 5 stars Triple triumph
By G. Abernethy
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
Once again Mira Kolar Brown delivers a first class mystery, and leaves another in her wake, namely, 'Why isn't this lady published by one of the major houses?' Third in what I for one hope will not be a trilogy, For the Love of Honey, is as gripping and character-driven as its predecessors, one of those books that will cost you a night's sleep; a price that's well worth paying.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  598
Total posts:  4702
Initial post:  26 Jan 2011
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 36 customers