Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Learn more Fitbit
Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors discussion forum

My Amazing Opportunity

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Apr 2012, 15:36:16 BST
Last edited by the author on 8 Apr 2012, 15:40:36 BST
Laura says:
I have written my first proper novel this year and I find it amazing that Amazon gives new authors the opportunity to display their work and interact with people who share the same interests for the love of stories and books.

This year I entered the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest for the first time and made it through to the next level. However I didn't make it through to the quarter finals, but the experience has been amazing, and it has really added to my confidence of sharing my writing with others.

So if you would like to see my 2012 ABNA entry titled Samuel & I it is available for download for free this weekend.

Congratulations to those who have made it through and I wish you the very best of luck in the finals :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Apr 2012, 16:55:04 BST
Well done and good luck !

Posted on 8 Apr 2012, 17:24:18 BST
willie wit says:
Congratulations Laura ! I started writing 'smallstories' a year ago today and it has been great fun all the way. The secret is to have no expectations and be happy with whatever happens, you can't fail if you approach it with a healthy attitude.
Good luck with 'Samuel & I'

:o)
xxx
'Twenty Tiny Tales' is free for Easter Weekend - it's not as nice as chocolate but is more fun...

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Apr 2012, 13:13:41 BST
Laura says:
Thank You AMbrown so far the journey has been fun:-)

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Apr 2012, 13:18:26 BST
Last edited by the author on 9 Apr 2012, 22:24:43 BST
Laura says:
Thank You Willie:-) It took me a long time to share my work with other people and now I am very happy that I have. I find myself writing a lot more since the release of Samuel & I and it is such a brilliant feeling to be confident doing so. Good Luck to you as well and I look forward to reading your short stories next:-)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Books with 5 star reviews 1635 2 hours ago
something to read on the commute? 776 5 hours ago
Looking for something to read this weekend? 1511 5 hours ago
Indie Authors Self Promo 4852 6 hours ago
recommend your books 3105 6 hours ago
THRILLER genre titles 2212 9 hours ago
Do You Have Book On Kindle? 7335 9 hours ago
Refugee stories 0 1 day ago
Short Stories and Anthologies 1893 1 day ago
Good thrillers? 898 2 days ago
Thrillers on Kindle 2 1203 2 days ago
I do want to read your book 1849 2 days ago

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  8 Apr 2012
Latest post:  9 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.