Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

email on Kindle Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 114 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Nov 2012 14:09:52 GMT
Is there a problem about setting up email on Kindle Fire HD if one receives emails on Microsoft outlook 2003?
I have a POP 3 account with Resource 24, but when i put in the incoming and outgoing details on Any Other Provider the email does not set up.

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 11:30:02 GMT
does anyone know how to set up an email account on a kindle fire HD with BT Connect?

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 11:35:18 GMT
Biccie says:
Help! I have a new kindle fire HD. Registered it, got on line bought Angry Birds then tried to set up email (AOL talktalk). Since then have full wireless signal but can't access my books inthe cloud although they are there or do anything but play Angry Birds. Advice please!

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2012 11:37:22 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Nov 2012 11:37:30 GMT
Denis Powell says:
As a first restort try turning your Fire off and then back on. (Not just put it to sleep and wake it)

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2012 11:49:25 GMT
Biccie says:
Thanks Denis. Have tried that and can download books now but still no luck with email. I am not sure what to put in the descriptions box. It says talktalk at the moment and I keep getting the message unable to finish account set up email address or password incorrect edit details. I put in the details I use for email on this computer so not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions welcome!

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 12:39:37 GMT
mikec says:
I'm still very keen on getting the KFHD but the one thing deterring me is this ongoing saga of email connection. My ISP is BT/Yahoo so would appreciate any comments from other users of BT/Yahoo, have they had problems and if so what are they?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2012 12:42:06 GMT
CBRetriever says:
I just go to the orange site, log in there and access my emails on their site - I even do that on my PCs and laptops

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2012 13:51:27 GMT
I'm having problems in setting my emails I'm with BT Connect I seem to be OK with the wfi but it wont allow me to set up my email account. I have tried every combination without success so I'm at wits end with it at present!!

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 14:44:35 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Nov 2012 14:45:42 GMT
S O says:
BT Connect is most likely not allowing you to send or receive emails through a third party service - i.e the Fire email client. This is probably the issue 99% of people are having in not being able to set up any kind of email on their Fires. So you'll need to disable authenication SMTP, usually a little ticky box on the Fire email settings AND/OR on your actual email website in Settings somewhere.

This is what I've found specifically for BT Connect -

1) To send e-mails on Wifi

- Switch WiFi on

- In Outgoing Primary Server Settings enter smtp.btconnect.com

- Leave user and password blank

- SSL off

- Port 465

- Switch all secondary outgoing servers to off

You need to input your username (i.e. username@btconnect.com) and password for the pop3 server settings but for the outgoing setting, the only thing that you need to specify is the smtp server name: smtp.btconnect.com

Just leave the username and password fields blank (they are optional) and it should work because the smtp server doesn't do authentication.

You would need to make sure the settings are correct i.e. turn off outbound authentication and make sure connection is using port 25 but not using SSL.

You also need to check with BT that they have your domain down for "mail relay".

Edit - Obviously your incoming settings are pop3.btconnect.com and port 25

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 21:02:03 GMT
S O says:
Bumping to see if this actually worked for anyone who was having problems. It's helpful to report back :)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2012 18:14:38 GMT
Mac says:
Just got a Kindle Fire & also finding it impossible to connect to email Connected to wi-fi & can access web but not email. Any help appreciated!

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2012 18:24:47 GMT
Same problem as I have. Not very happy with it

Posted on 24 Nov 2012 18:57:43 GMT
What email are you trying to connect to?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2012 09:37:52 GMT
My broadband is BT connect

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2012 09:57:19 GMT
My provider is Resource 24.
It is a POP3 account.
Kindle Fire HD will not connect my email.
Says cannot to connect to server.
My server will only give me in coming and outgoing details, and no other help.
Have been on the phone to Kindle Fire twice.
Still no luck

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2012 11:03:35 GMT
Mac says:
Service is BT Yahoo. Sorry forgot that detail!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2012 19:23:55 GMT
J Fryer says:
I've just bought a KFHD. Load the Yahoo app from Amazon. Work as well as on a mobile.

John F.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2012 11:28:52 GMT
Alan says:
Hi, would webmail be an alternative to Outlook or whatever email client? Most ISP websites offer webmail already set up for your account, I imagine. No need for server settings just email address and password.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2012 12:19:36 GMT
I havent tried it yet but I will as soon as I can as the devise isnt any good without it!!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2012 12:25:27 GMT
Mac says:
Hi, Couldn't get my Kindle Fire to accept BT Yahoo email information using it's registration system. Finally logged onto BT Yahoo web page put in my email address & the Kindle accepted the info & have been sending & getting emails since! Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2012 12:51:45 GMT
Hi It's BT Connect.com I'm having problems with so don't know the answer yet!

Posted on 3 Dec 2012 15:16:09 GMT
I have an imap email server 1and1 and cannot get the kindle fire to accept this even after inputting all the correct settings for incoming and outgoing servers, ports etc. Anyone successfully set up such a client so you can get e-mails on kindle fire without having to log onto 1and1 webmail?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Dec 2012 11:04:17 GMT
go to you amazon kindle account and you can download any previous content

Posted on 7 Dec 2012 20:17:51 GMT
I've also been having problems with the Kindle Fire HD in that I can't get my e mails to work. I'm with talktalk. I called them and they gave me incoming and outgoing information including port numbers. I still can't get anything. Any help would be appreciated

Posted on 25 Dec 2012 20:02:04 GMT
Does anyone know how to set up imap Talk Talk email on my kindle hd fire?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage and £59 Kindle.
324 2 days ago
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Fire HD 6 and 7 and Fire HDX 8.9!
547 23 Jun 2016
Announcement
Amazon Introduces Two All-New Kindles
307 3 Feb 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update 5.4.5
142 21 Jun 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
288 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
192 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
363 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
65 24 Mar 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
95 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
134 26 Mar 2016
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
698 18 Mar 2016

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  55
Total posts:  114
Initial post:  16 Nov 2012
Latest post:  30 Apr 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions