Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

deregister a kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 95 posts in this discussion
Posted on 22 Feb 2014, 16:47:38 GMT
jacktait says:
how do i deregister my kindle

Posted on 22 Feb 2014, 17:52:08 GMT
DINKYDO says:
someone please help! got amazon e reader kindle wi fi, having trouble tring to access my e-mail account using my kindle, all i'am getting is my sign in page. i can down load books from pc to kindle and kindle to pc. what am i doing wrong!

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Feb 2014, 18:06:51 GMT
Denis Powell says:
Jacktait, it would help if we knew which model you have. They don't all work the same way but you'll find it in Settings. If you're disposing of it you also need to go to Manage Your Devices and de-register it there.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Feb 2014, 18:08:14 GMT
ChrisJ says:
JackTait: go to the settings menu and look there.
For better instructions, which Kindle do you have??

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Feb 2014, 18:09:11 GMT
Denis Powell says:
Dinkydo, if your email account needs a pop-up window to appear the browser on the e-ink Kindles isn't capable of displaying it. As we don't know which model of Kindle you have or which email provider you have it's not easy to tell what else may be wrong.

Posted on 22 Feb 2014, 18:21:17 GMT
DINKYDO says:
Hi Denis, My kindle is amazon kindle 6" e-ink display 2 gb Wi-Fi plus e-mail provider is outlook. The sign in page comes up, but on entering my password it refuses to log me in.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Feb 2014, 18:35:19 GMT
ChrisJ says:
Do you mean Outlook.com? Or do you mean you use Outlook on your PC to access a different email system?

I don't think you can access Outlook.com from the e-ink Kindles. I think I can remember a thread a year or more ago that concluded "it is someone else's fault, not mine"... but the result was you couldn't do it.

Posted on 22 Feb 2014, 18:43:51 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 22 Feb 2014, 18:49:26 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Feb 2014, 18:48:00 GMT
DINKYDO says:
Chris, I use outlook. com
Debs

Posted on 25 Feb 2014, 17:11:22 GMT
Arnoldsmate says:
Hi,
My Kindle packed up yesterday and I'm lost without it. My mother-in-law has one which she never uses and has given it to me. I need to deregister her machine and add my account to it. Can someone tell me how I go about this?

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Feb 2014, 21:12:05 GMT
ChrisJ says:
In the menu, under settings. You want to deregister it, and then reset to factory default settings, and then register it to your account.

If you need more details than that, you will have to say which Kindle you have.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2014, 10:04:18 GMT
Arnoldsmate says:
Thanks Chris. I panicked a bit as I can't do without my machine but sussed it out about 2 minutes after write the question.

Now I am stuck again however and have spent ages trying to figure this one out so perhaps you or someone else could help?

I removed the broken Kindle from my account-well actually I didn't. Inadvertently I removed the laptop which has a reading app on it.

Consequently all my books are no longer readable on my laptop. According to a message on the laptop all I had to do was delete them and download them again.

I deleted them all but can't seem to re-download them furthermore when I make a new purchase from the Kindle store that doesn't download automatically like it did previously either.

Any ideas as to a solution?

Thanks very much.

Posted on 11 Mar 2014, 12:36:04 GMT
ChrisJ says:
PROBABLY you have your account thinking "no laptop registered", and your laptop thinking "I am registered".
Deleting the app from the PC, rebooting to clear memory, reinstalling the app and re-registering it to your account should sort it.
Before re-installing, I would recheck MYK again to see what devices are known and whether they are the right ones or not.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2014, 11:12:31 BST
Miss Marple says:
This is all very useful information.
I now have a paper white but my old kindle with keyboard is perfectly good and I'm thinking of giving it to my daughter.

Posted on 15 Dec 2014, 21:36:15 GMT
Ian Woodhall says:
I broke my kindle a few weeks ago and the screen has split. My sister in law has given me hers and de registered it on her account. How do I delete mine and register hers to my account.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2014, 21:48:25 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Dec 2014, 21:49:58 GMT
Scaredy says:
I think that when you turn it on and go throughout the set up, it will ask for your Amazon account details... email & (Amazon) password. Then it will be registered to you.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2014, 22:17:51 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 1 Mar 2015, 12:49:06 GMT
lucian says:
Hi

I bought a Kindle Fire HDX 7 from amazon and I ve just sold it to someone. The item hasn t been used it s still in the box. So my question is: Do i have to deregister the kindle from my amazon account because i have noticed that the kindle is registered on my amazon account and it s a deregister button there?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2015, 12:58:27 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Mar 2015, 12:58:44 GMT
Cindy says:
Yes. Deregister it.

Posted on 2 May 2015, 18:02:20 BST
prileypage says:
My first kindle was badly damaged so I used my iPhone and iPad as kindle but now I have a new kindle so I want the first kindle de registered please help

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2015, 21:03:44 BST
ChrisJ says:
Use the Manage Your Content and Devices link under the Your Account link at the top if this page.

Posted on 25 Jul 2015, 04:42:45 BST
Suz says:
I have lost my Kindle but also have all my books on my IPas. I de registered the kindle and am hoping that whoever finds it won't be able to access my account? And also all the books are on the cloud and can be downloaded to another device? Thx z

Posted on 25 Jul 2015, 07:16:31 BST
ChrisJ says:
You should also contract Amazon and tell them the serial number of the lost device. They can then block it and prevent it being used.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jul 2015, 08:06:14 BST
Kelp Bed says:
Amazon will have a record of the serial number if you don't know it. They will just verify that it's you they are talking to.........:)

Posted on 7 Oct 2015, 08:11:53 BST
Hi if I deregester and then deregester my kindle HD fire will all my pages for stuff be still there.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage and £59 Kindle.
422 14 days ago
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Fire HD 6 and 7 and Fire HDX 8.9!
611 9 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Introduces Two All-New Kindles
312 2 Mar 2017
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update 5.4.5
144 12 Jan 2017
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
288 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
195 12 Jan 2017
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
363 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
67 24 Aug 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
101 14 Jan 2017
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
138 3 days ago
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
707 18 Feb 2017

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  95
Initial post:  25 Dec 2012
Latest post:  7 Mar 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers