DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now
Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

Customer service

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Posted on 2 May 2012 10:10:08 BDT
John Carter says:
"Best customer service , "bar none", have used them for years, any problems sorted with no fuss, when my kindle keyboard packed up 4 months after the warranty ran out, I thought that was that, but I had read online that Amazon offered a £50 repair service to a guy who was a few weeks out of warranty.
So gave them a bell and told them that I had tried the Reset options and had even taken the leather cover off as I had read that had caused some problems when they first came out.,and mentioned the £50 repair service, so he puts me on hold for a couple of mins, then came back and said ,,
"We had a few problems with some covers a year ago but because it was a possibility amazon would replace my kindle and the cover (£180ish) free off charge" gobsmacked to say the least, since then they are my first port of call, well done amazon !!!"

Posted on 8 Feb 2011 22:50:42 GMT
Daisi says:
Thats nice to hear William I am not suprised though as on this forum there are a lot of posts about people being satisfied with CS at Amazon. Its good that a company cares enough to offer a new Kindle for a nominal charge especially since it was not their fault it was damaged. Nice to get Mrs. Leach back reading too.

Initial post: 8 Feb 2011 22:43:44 GMT
I would like to thank Peter, Amazon /Kindle support (in Cork, Ireland). My Wife accidentally damaged her new Kindle ( by kneeling on it!) I typed in my request to be contacted by the support team and within 4 seconds the phone rang, Peter was asking to help. I explained the problem. He stated that the warrenty did not cover being knelt on. I agreed but wondered if it could be repaired for a fee? He said he thought not but for a nominal charge the Kindle could be replaced. The new kindle arrived within 2 working days! I hope you will all agree this is the best customer service. My faith in human nature has been renewed and in the big faceless companies out there! Fantastic service Amazon You should give yourselves a pat on the back. With service like that you will only increase your customer base.
Bill Leach
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage and £59 Kindle.
326 5 days ago
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Fire HD 6 and 7 and Fire HDX 8.9!
548 26 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Introduces Two All-New Kindles
307 3 Feb 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update 5.4.5
142 21 Jun 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
288 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
192 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
363 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
67 2 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
95 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
134 26 Mar 2016
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
698 18 Mar 2016

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  8 Feb 2011
Latest post:  2 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions