Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > jazz discussion forum

What's On Order?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Jul 2013, 09:17:23 BST
Last edited by the author on 19 Jul 2013, 12:43:15 BST
Ahmad says:
I've just placed an order of The Duo Sessions. Its a piano/bass album by Ray Brown & Jimmy Rowles.

Posted on 21 Jul 2013, 23:59:07 BST
M. Adams says:
O Que Sera Incantations and Bach: Sonatas And Partitas, Vol. 1. A reasonably mixed bunch, although reflecting my interest in "World" jazz (a horrid turn of phrase I know) in general and my love of stringed instruments in particular, both Oud and Mandolin being amongst my favourites.

Posted on 28 Jul 2013, 14:41:21 BST
Ajarn Col says:
Steve Turre : Rhythm Within

Posted on 7 Aug 2013, 17:27:02 BST
RayB says:
I've just bought Steve Turre's 'Rhythm Within' and I'm playing it right now. Very interesting album, seems to have all it takes to become a favourite but only time and a few plays will decide that. But for the moment very much enjoying it.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2013, 08:24:49 BST
Ajarn Col says:
Ray. 'Rhythm Within' first came to my attention when someone claimed it to be amongst his top ten favourite albums. Coming from a respected jazz affectionado it was a high accolade indeed and compelled me to check out. I'm not sure if as yet it exactly ranks that high with me but ,as you say, it really is a very good album.

Posted on 15 Aug 2013, 19:39:06 BST
RayB says:
Ajarn, I suppose it was Rob Middleton who posts on the All About Jazz forums as well as his own website? Those blooming forums end up costing me a fortune!!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Aug 2013, 06:53:12 BST
Ajarn Col says:
Ray. I believe it may have been him on an a-a-j forum. Have you had any problem logging in to their forums recently , as they seem to have been down for getting on for a week now ?

Posted on 16 Aug 2013, 09:11:12 BST
Last edited by the author on 16 Aug 2013, 10:11:17 BST
Bruce says:
Gregory Porter's new album has ben pre-ordered at Amazon.

AS well as Tabula Rasa - looking forward to this!

Posted on 16 Aug 2013, 17:22:38 BST
RayB says:
Ajarn in the news section of the AAJ site they say that they're upgrading and evaluating new hosting services for the forums so with a bit of luck they should be back sooner rather than later. There has been a problem recently with the slowness of the forums so I suspect that some kind of upgrade was necessary. In the meantime I'm not being tempted by all the recommendations and saving a fortune!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Aug 2013, 06:28:59 BST
Ajarn Col says:
Thanks, Ray.

Posted on 8 Oct 2013, 00:47:38 BST
Ajarn Col says:
les Sacqueboutiers : Le Jazz et la Parame

I haven't heard this yet, but following the review on allmusic I couldn't resist. http://www.allmusic.com/album/MW0002474104

Posted on 20 Oct 2013, 15:22:20 BST
[Deleted by the author on 4 Nov 2013, 13:21:28 GMT]

Posted on 4 Nov 2013, 04:42:36 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Nov 2013, 11:24:16 GMT
Ajarn Col says:
One off my wish list : The Jazz Baroness [DVD]

DVD Documentry

Now received and viewed. My short recommendation posted elsewhere.

I don't expect that there will many who post on,or visit this forum who won't be aware of the love that existed between "Nica" (aka Pannonica Rothschild) and Monk - but this documentary film ,narrated and affectionately researched by her great-niece and British actress ,Helen Mirren, is simply superb.Their story ,as retold in the film, also contains some wonderful footage and insightful interviews.

Posted on 23 Dec 2013, 07:41:54 GMT
Ajarn Col says:
The Stryker/Slagle Band : Latest Outlook

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Mar 2014, 14:37:02 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 24 Mar 2014, 12:47:46 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Mar 2014, 21:33:13 GMT
Ajarn Col says:
The jazz baroness DVD I can highly recommend

Posted on 23 Mar 2014, 02:25:21 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 23 Mar 2014, 02:27:42 GMT]

Posted on 22 May 2014, 12:59:02 BST
Mark Porter says:
A large pizza, large Coke, and Haagen-Daaz .... oops! .... you meant jazz????

Posted on 22 May 2014, 17:44:22 BST
Last edited by the author on 22 May 2014, 18:14:06 BST
Ajarn at some point I am keen to read the book ,which I am keeping an eye out around my local sudden then gone remainder bookshops I have picked many good titles from these pop up shops as for the video is it region free ? We are region 4 mixed in with the Pacific islands and South America ! Always had a soft spot for Monk as 14 year old in the UK he seemed to exude stuff long before I got to hear any of his music,I found a paperback copy of the guide to Jazz on the floor of a coffee bar called " Roaring Twenties" and read it ten times over long before I had actually heard any American music apart from Buddy Holly and Elvis !the people who stood out at that time was Monk ,Parker and Dizzy ,my first jazz record purchase and listen was Michel Legrand with Miles And Coltrane later I met a girl who I divorced 40 years ago who bought me Sketches of Spain for my 21st.I think it was the cover picture of Monk with that hat on the jazz book that did the trick for me.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2014, 11:22:44 BST
Ajarn Col says:
John. There's no region specified on The Jazz Baroness so I assume that it's region free ?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2014, 15:29:23 BST
Ajarn I might as well order the book at the same time as the video tonight, pity you don't get a commission from Amazon as this will be a least 5 items this year purchased on your Jazz insight and recommendations.

Posted on 29 May 2014, 14:46:23 BST
Ajarn Col says:
Unless anyone knows of a better price ? Bit of a fan of Carol Sloane : Out of the Blue

Posted on 29 May 2014, 21:26:38 BST
Mark Porter says:
Garcon - another Charles Lloyd CD please - oh, and a large Pernod ....

Posted on 14 May 2015, 16:29:34 BST
Miles Davis Bootleg 4 at Newport jazz festival.

Posted on 11 Nov 2016, 15:24:21 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Nov 2016, 15:28:45 GMT
Well I'm currently listening to Miles Davis Freedom Jazz Dance :Bootleg vol 5 and have just ordered all of the Wayne Shorter albums on Blue Note that I don't have to fill in the gaps.
Has this discussion site been abandoned most of the Jazz discussions sites seem to be fading away, unfortunately as I do love to read other peoples opinions of what is going on in the Jazz appreciation world, living in the bush here in OZ the only body I chat to about Jazz happens to be be an attentive Bandicoot who seems eager to chat and share food scraps over a couple of beers early most evenings.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the jazz discussion forum (181 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  jazz discussion forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  19 Jul 2013
Latest post:  12 Nov 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers