Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > high definition discussion forum

The best 3D blu-ray movies you've seen so far?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 147 posts in this discussion
Posted on 10 Jun 2012, 18:40:58 BST
Bluelava says:
Another vote for Tangled...although Disney 3D is damn good all round. Avatar 3D is great as well. Megamind is excellent as is Tin Tin..but I'd take a few points off them as they aren't filmed in 1:78 ratio (ie you get the big black borders on your tv. Fine for normal films..but it really restricts the 3D effect you get).Kingdom of Plants looks great on Sky 3D..I'd recommend anyone purchase that when it comes out on blu ray. Even if you're not interested in the subject, some of the 3D work is incredible.

Posted on 11 Jun 2012, 07:01:08 BST
The best 3D Blu-ray films I have seen so far are Hugo (Stunning animation) and The Polar Express. Worst were Green Lantern and TinTin

Posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:55:21 BST
Despicable Me, Tangled and Rio all good. Final destination not so good.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2012, 19:41:57 BST
sajid khan says:
resident evil afterlife is a 3d delight...absolute pop in your face 3d!!!!

Posted on 20 Jun 2012, 23:41:32 BST
rjb says:
Haven't had a chance to watch Tron Legacy yet but I thought TinTin 3D was excellent.

Posted on 21 Jun 2012, 09:04:55 BST
I have seen a few blu ray 3d films best so far is how to train your dragon. I now have sky 3d so i'm looking forward to watching more as time goes on. Watched Jackass 3d on sky the other day and was impressed with sky's 3d and the movie.... very funny if you like jackass. Can't wait to watch avatar in 3d. As yet only seen it in blu ray and although good... i'm led to belive 3d is amazing!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2012, 17:31:58 BST
Bourne1886 says:
Recorded Avatar 3D off Sky 3D. Very good 3D.

Posted on 27 Jun 2012, 19:52:50 BST
Dogglllzzz says:
Of the 3d blu rays i have watched...

Apart from Avatar 3d the one which others try to catch up to.....

The Polar express 3d gets my vote, really surprised how good it is in 3d...

Honourable mentions....

Tangled, Resident Evil, Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey), Hugo, Tin Tin, Ghost Rider 1, so far

Ghost Rider 2 i haven't bought yet so can't comment on that one but it is on my shopping list!

The worst one is that Paul Carrack 3d thing. One word sums it up... CRAP! Even for a freebie!

Posted on 29 Jun 2012, 17:41:17 BST
Despicable me is very good in 3D and so is Immortals.
Have got Ice age 3 and Ghost Rider 2 in 3D but not watched them yet,will post on here to let people know what they like.

Posted on 1 Jul 2012, 03:42:21 BST
tangled, thor, captain america, pirrana 3d, hubble 3d, deep sea 3d, most animated features in 3d look great, mars needs moms, john carter 3d, saw 3d, restident evil 3d ,
despicable me , megamind, how to train your dragon, pirates of the carribean 3d, smurfs 3d dumb movie but great 3d, flying monsters 3d, grand canyon 3d, I thought al of these were great. resident evil has lots of things flying out at you. most of these don't have that.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jul 2012, 17:18:39 BST
Dr Lynx says:
Piranha 3D? Smurfs 3D? Oh dear lol

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012, 17:26:29 BST
a total disappointment as is ghost rider.. very poor 3d effects

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012, 17:39:40 BST
Dr Lynx says:
The fist one wasn't great, but part 2 was far worse than I imagined.

Posted on 3 Jul 2012, 22:17:28 BST
I agree Ghost Rider 2 3D was a letdown,picture and sound was good but hey wasn't a lot of 3D and it being an "action" film they wasn't enough of it but my 7 yr old son liked it,definately a try before you buy,just hope John Carter 3D is better!!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jul 2012, 22:20:23 BST
Dr Lynx says:
I didn't see Ghost Rider 2 in 3D, I was just saying how bad the film is lol

Posted on 5 Jul 2012, 16:50:57 BST
W. kemp says:
sanctum 3d produced by james cameron is an excelent film with amazing 3d throughout highly recomended also captain america again excelent also underworld has some good 3d as has darkest hour has some good 3d .

Posted on 5 Jul 2012, 18:30:07 BST
Roy says:
I thought Immortals had very average 3D. Piss poor, typical Hollywood crap too.....ain't most of 'em?
Transformers 3, however, is still formulaic Hollywood tosh but the 3Dfx are great.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2012, 10:06:43 BST
Kerry.b says:
i rather have the 2D version of Tron legacy on blu ray,not the 3D version..not enough 3D effects in the movie..
2D is much better to watch on blu ray..

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2012, 10:12:44 BST
Kerry.b says:
Space Hubble on 3D is bloody awsome!!!!! best 3D space Doco EVER!!!!! Amazing 3D effects....

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2012, 10:13:39 BST
Kerry.b says:
Yep mate i totally agree with you on that one...

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2012, 10:18:09 BST
Kerry.b says:
I'M looking forward to see The Amazing Spiderman in 3D when it is released on blu ray,and also MIB3...
and last but not leased The Avengers in 3D on blu ray...
Has anyone watched John Carter on blu ray in 3D yet??? i bought it last week from amazon usa and can't wait to see it,i heard its pretty good on blu ray 3D

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jul 2012, 02:11:16 BST
Kerry.b says:
i recently bought ghost rider 2 on blu ray in 2D because a friend of mine told me not to get it in 3D because it was a let down,still the movie was good,but i still prefer the original ghost rider(2007)...

Posted on 7 Jul 2012, 19:14:09 BST
Mr H says:
Can't believe more people haven't mentioned A Turtle's Tale... easily the best 3D effects of ANY blu-ray out there (including Avatar). This is the movie I pull out to show off my LG47" - and one of the people I showed that one to went out and bought a 3D TV the next day!
Unfortunately, most of the films with 3D really haven't made the most of it - depth perception is great, but you need an occasional bit of something in front of your face one in a while too - even Avatar realised that....

Posted on 7 Jul 2012, 20:29:57 BST
native 3d always looks the best. so drive angry looks great. sanctum. most imax titles were shot in 3d. piranha was shot in 2d but then converted however they shot scenes for 3d. that work very well on this one. there is some ghosting in the titles but not the movie really! all animated movies translate well to 3d. they just look great. resident evil 3d looks good with many shots made for 3d. jaws 3d is coming out. it was shot in 3d. coming at ya. now that one was one where the whole movie was a western with many scenes where things are comin at ya. probably the best native 3d movie for that kind of 3d ever. it is supposed to be coming out on 3d blu ray. somewhere. most movies in 3d though were not shot that way and so they just have depth which is fine. native shot ones though. they can't be compared really. dial m for murder is a good one that is coming out. creature of the black lagoon. as part of the classic monsters set is in 3d. it was native. universal needs to get out the next creature and 'it came from outer space' though. or 'taza' native shot 3ders.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jul 2012, 11:12:12 BST
[Deleted by the author on 8 Jul 2012, 11:17:56 BST]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the high definition discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  78
Total posts:  147
Initial post:  7 Jul 2011
Latest post:  15 Oct 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 23 customers