Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > fiction discussion forum

Time-slip novels. What's good?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 109 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 12 Sep 2010 11:58:56 BDT
I think that is a good idea (reading both together). I don't know why it was not published as one long book or within a few months of each other. I was feeling very frustrated when i came to the end of Blackout. It just stopped in the middle of the story,

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 01:20:44 BDT
S.L. Baum says:
PORTAL (Portal Chronicles)
EQUILIBRIUM (Portal Chronicles)

These are getting some amazing reviews in the US.

S.L. Baum
A Chance for Charity (The Immortal Ones)

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 12:52:46 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 9 Nov 2010 13:11:41 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2010 12:59:21 GMT
L Wilson says:
You might also like Anya Seton's Green Darkness, Dinah Lampitt's To Sleep No More and also her As Shadows Haunting. All are historical and I couldn't put them down.

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 13:08:26 GMT
Best Time-slip (not Time Travel!) novels and stories that link past and present are, in no particular order:

Any books by Barbara Erskine
Any books by Susannah Kearsley
Labyrinth by Kate Mosse
Sepulchre by Kate Mosse
Juliet by Anne Fortier
The Villa In Italy by Carol Goodman
Elegy for a Queen by Margaret James
The Place of Secrets by Rachel Hore
Highland Enchantment be Charmain Stewart
The Lost Book of Salem by Katherine Howe
Celtic Maidens by Ceri Norman
A Place In the Hills by Michelle Paver
The Quiet Earth by Elizabeth Harris
Without Charity by Michelle Paver
Miriam's Talisman by Elenor Gill
Green Darkness by Anya Seton
The Legacy by Katherine Webb
The Salt Road by Jane Johnson
CrossStitch by Diana Gabaldon
Any books by Kate Morton

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 13:15:22 GMT
carol arnall says:
Barbara Erskine and Diana Gabalon Books are great reads.
My time travel books are available in paperback and on Kindle
Dancing With Spirits
Spirits of the Lights
www.carolarnall.com

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 13:34:00 GMT
Ian Weaver says:
Hi

My novel Time and Again fits the definition of time slip. It revolves around an accident that causes the 'hero' to slip from present day to the 1942 Pacific war. The two time lines twist and turn together until the climax is played out across time.

The sequel, shortly to be published, continues in a similar theme, and investigates the existence of multiple universes through time and space and the possibilities of crossing between them. I am working on the third and final book of the series.

Check it out at http://www.ian-weaver.com or read the sample.

Ian

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2010 20:36:54 GMT
Wow! That is a very comprehensive list - thank you. Some of the authors I recognise (Kate Morton, Barbara Erskine, Kate Mosse) but I have never read their books. Seems I may have been missing out on something,

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2010 20:37:39 GMT
Thank you - I will have a look at your website.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2010 20:41:24 GMT
The Portal Chronicles look interesting. A clever concept.

Posted on 10 Nov 2010 15:34:31 GMT
Norm Deplume says:
A book that is well worth checking out is The Iron Bridge by David Morse. It's about the efforts of a time traveller to influence the building of the iron bridge in Coalbrookdale.

Posted on 11 Nov 2010 15:30:04 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 17 Nov 2010 01:10:24 GMT]

Posted on 14 Jan 2011 14:00:02 GMT
Sr Sawyer says:
Has nobody mentioned Jack Finneys-"Time and again" and also "from time to time"? both really good timeslip time travel fiction

Posted on 26 Mar 2011 22:00:22 GMT
PigletsPress says:
A bit cheesy but Jude Deveraux - A Knight In Shining Armour is definitely a timeslip novel. Also Traci Harding - The Ancient Future Trilogy & if you like the fantasy genre mixed with time/alternative world travel then Mark Anthony - The Last Rune series or Guy Gavriel Kay - The Summer Tree series or Rob Scotts - Hickory Staff (Eldarn Series) or Terry Brooks - Magic Kingdom for Sale/Sold.

Posted on 25 Apr 2011 17:47:57 BDT
Bookserf says:
Libros Libertad UK would like you to explore The Qliphoth Paul A Green's novel has been described as "a word quest launched from the edge-lands of arcane knowledge" (Iain Sinclair), "a book that draws you in and leaves you gasping for air" (Death Ray Magazine), "a stream of the funniest, most hip and haunting prose" (George McWhirter) , "focused, beautifully paced, freshly minted," (George Amabile), "magnificent, both in range and depth of arcane snoopage" (J.Michael Yates)

t's a dazzling fusion of occult fantasy and speculative fiction that evokes a wild transmutation of everyday life. Magick collides with physics to create a fissile reality - a voyage into dangerous zones that veers between hilarity and horror...

Lucas, a bewildered student, seeks out his dad Nick, psychedelic-era wreck and self-proclaimed channel for "Qabalistic knowledge", now confined to a mental hospital alongside Wolfbane, a forgotten rock & roll icon. Pauline, his rationalist teacher mother dreads their encounter.

Her nightmares seem realised when Nick escapes and Lucas disappears - to enter a parallel world, peopled by a rogues' gallery of bohemian riff-raff and sexy priestesses, whose operations - artistic, erotic, criminal or magickal - are scribed with hallucinatory intensity. Think Mervyn Peake meets William Burroughs - and add a dash of Aleister Crowley...

This genre-bender is worm-holed with dark wit and satire. The manias of an imploding alternate world are revealed as a modulation of our obsessions, here at the base of The Qabalistic Tree, amid the broken shells and wreckage - the Qliphoth - of our Creation. And sea-side resorts will never seem the same again...

Posted on 25 Apr 2011 18:50:27 BDT
I know I'm late to the thread. I probably should've posted when I first saw this thread months ago. But what's the difference between time slip and time travel? If this was already explained, my apologies for not reading the entire thread.

Joyce

Posted on 1 Jun 2011 20:44:19 BDT
Fearney by James Long. Love it! He is supposed to be releasing a follow up to this and I have it on pre-release order (for in excess of 8 months.) Don't know what has happened there quite frankly.

Posted on 1 Jun 2011 20:48:07 BDT
Is it allowed to promote one's own work here? If so you might like my book - now only 69p - limited time only.
Time Watchers: The Greatest of These

"It's the twenty-fourth century and Robert York has the best job in the world. A socio-historian with Chrono-HQ, his job involves travelling back in time through the entirety of human history. This mission though, is taking him further back than he has been before, further than anyone has ventured before - through ten millennia to the Mesolithic, to visit the pre-historic inhabitants of ancient Kent's Cavern - the oldest known human habitation in Britain.

Sixteen year old Yana's life is a simple one; the business of survival - a repetitive round of hunting and gathering is her existence, mingled with the gentle social life of the Cave. Her future seems certain - a mate, babies, growing old and eventually dying in the same small community she was born in. But all that changes when traveller Robert comes to her village. Welcomed by her community, only Yana suspects Robert is not exactly what he purports to be, but she cannot begin to guess the immensity of the truth.

Born ten thousand years apart, theirs is an impossible love story, one that will keep you hooked till the very last page."

Posted on 1 Jun 2011 21:35:40 BDT
Fee fee says:
Kimavidreader..Ferney looks great, right up my street. I've just reserved it online at my library, thanks for the rec!

Posted on 2 Jun 2011 17:23:13 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2011 17:57:37 BDT
have you picked up the time traveller's wife. not sure if it's been mentioned, but I loved it

Posted on 3 Jun 2011 07:31:22 BDT
MollyEvans says:
The Time Hunters is wonderful

Posted on 3 Jun 2011 09:39:41 BDT
Bugtown, City Whitelight and Ancient Futures by John McKenzie. Just put up over the last month. Bugtown has already picked up a five star review! John McKenzie

Posted on 4 Jun 2011 08:51:01 BDT
carol arnall says:
Dancing With Spirits 86p A love story that spans the centuries.
Spirits of the Lights 86p The sequel to Dancing With Spirits but can be read as a stand alone novel.
The Other Place 86p A haunting story of a past life.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2011 09:10:50 BDT
Josa Young says:
You might like to try my One Apple Tasted One Apple Tasted, which slips back in time to find out what lies behind the heroine's rather strange behaviour. My new one, The Bravest Thing, is even more of a time slip novel but not out yet.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the fiction discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  fiction discussion forum
Participants:  77
Total posts:  109
Initial post:  3 Jan 2010
Latest post:  19 Nov 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 21 customers

Search Customer Discussions