Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > fiction discussion forum

What are you reading now?

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4651-4675 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 12 May 2012, 19:21:54 BST
Booktigger says:
Black book by Ian Rankin

Posted on 12 May 2012, 20:04:46 BST
honey bee says:
am reading "jonny dark" by H Welsh good horror if you like being hooked on a story you cant set down.

Posted on 14 May 2012, 09:30:30 BST
'The Price of Water in Finistere' by Bodil Malmsten.

Posted on 14 May 2012, 12:47:46 BST
M. Dowden says:
Currently reading Joy in the Morning which is my book group's choice for this month. I haven't read it in ages so it was good to get back into the world of Jeeves and Wooster. I may read another one afterwards. : )

Posted on 14 May 2012, 20:37:30 BST
The Dark Tower(2nd time around) and will slot in SK new book - through the keyhole.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2012, 20:49:01 BST
M. Allani says:
Dance Dance Dance by Harukami. He has a mesmerising if melancholic style!

Magda Allani

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2012, 21:12:10 BST
Florizel says:
I am reading 'Where the boys are' by Hilary West, certainly an eye opener about the 'business', tender too when it deals with the very young embroiled in it all !

Posted on 14 May 2012, 21:21:07 BST
Booktigger says:
I had to put Black book on hold to start Bout of books. Rage of Angels by Sidney Sheldon and The Clinic by Jonathan Kellerman

Posted on 14 May 2012, 22:02:55 BST
j m c says:
Im afraid I'm one of those who has two or three on the go so if I get fed up with one I can pick up another. I'm currently reading The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle),Die Trying (Jack Reacher)and Down to the Bone: Quantum Gravity Book Five (Quantam Gravity)

Posted on 15 May 2012, 07:20:25 BST
Rayj says:
Try the new Sam Arden novel, 'It hits the fan again', an insight into the SIS or MI6.

Posted on 15 May 2012, 09:26:24 BST
Last edited by the author on 15 May 2012, 09:27:09 BST
carocaro says:
Victorious Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline) just finished by Morgan Hawke...it is absolutely brilliant. The Sci Fi concept and story were great and combined in novel forms of erotica...five star all the way!
Hope M.Dowden you are feeling better by now. Ielle: A Realm of Janos Novel a Sci fi erotica full novel is free on Amazon at present...in case you decide to make a two book collection:)

Posted on 15 May 2012, 12:28:19 BST
Sanderae says:
I am half way through Shadow Country by Peter Matthiessen - it is a huge book (a trilogy that has been condensed into one large tome) - and is the story of Edgar Watson, a famous figure in the South west coast of Florida who was "credited" with killing an outlaw queen. He subsequently bullies his neighbours in the keys and they ultimately turn on him and put 13 bullets into him.

I am half way through and it is really heavy going. I will persevere but not sure whether it will be worth it in the long run.

Posted on 15 May 2012, 12:42:17 BST
I have just finished City of Bones and City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare and they are amazing. First book was a little slow to begin with but by god the second one kept you at the edge of your seats with the surprises. Loving this series. I have just started the third book City of Glass and already its a winner. Still trying to plough through The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, think I would prefer to watch this as a film as theres alot of jumping to and fro, don't know what others think??

Posted on 15 May 2012, 12:59:08 BST
M. Dowden says:
carocaro, I'm ok, hope you are as well. Thanks for the link. : )

I was brave, yesterday I bought The Devil's Star. I have so far kept away from this author as he has been compared to Steig Larsson, and I can't stand that Dragon Tattoo book series. Hopefully, when I get round to reading it I will enjoy it (fingers crossed). A local bookshop was selling some Wodehouse books cheap, so I got Laughing Gas, which I have never read before.

Posted on 15 May 2012, 13:00:55 BST
M. Dowden says:
Miss Tolmie, I loved The Night Circus, although I was expecting to hate it. I think though that it is one of those books that you have to be in the mood for, it wouldn't necessarily be something that I would just grab when I wanted a quick read.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012, 13:22:46 BST
Well I must admit I was trying to read it when I was sitting my exams and doing revision for them but I think I may give it another try from the beginning once I have read the Cassandra Clare series. I was looking forward to it. Thanks M. Dowden for your feedback. Very much appreciated.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012, 13:46:35 BST
carocaro says:
M.Dowden...your welcome..hope it's good. Heard the Cirque du Romani is liked by a few group members so far.
I liked the Larsson books but read them the year they came out and enjoyed them though they were slow builders.
I read a couple of Wodehouse...Jeeves the butler always having the last
word if I remember and pointing Bertie Wooster is his name...in the right direction. So long ago that is all I seem to remember.

Miss G.A.Tolmie...do you have long to wait for exam results? I suppose I should say are they finished now first?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012, 13:54:41 BST
Oh yes all finished until August, got a couple of resits to do but that should be okay. The exam results come out the 6th/7th June, so not long to wait so getting plenty of time to read my books.

Posted on 15 May 2012, 14:25:36 BST
M. Dowden says:
Good luck Miss Tolmie.

carcaro, I love Jeeves and Wooster because Wooster is such a bumbler, and Jeeves really runs rings around him. He gets Wooster out of all his scrapes, but at the same time he gets what he wants, whether it is to do a bit of fishing, go on holiday, or get Bertie to lose some of his more 'outrageous' clothing choices.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012, 14:53:25 BST
carocaro says:
Yes I recall...plus fours!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012, 14:55:10 BST
carocaro says:
All the best then...and a pleasant recess reading:)

Posted on 15 May 2012, 21:54:20 BST
Linda says:
The Language Of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Brilliant read.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012, 02:12:10 BST
Bernard J. says:
I can't even remember reading those bloody scenes.
I seem to remember reading seemingly endless descriptions of the scenery, flowers, etc. Good book though.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012, 04:54:32 BST
Blilith says:
I really like The Night Circus, it twists your mind a bit, but I like that in a book. I was writing a book and when this was published the plot was almost identical to mine, back to the drawing board for me.

Posted on 16 May 2012, 22:07:52 BST
Last edited by the author on 16 May 2012, 22:08:23 BST
carocaro says:
Taken (An Erotic Menage Romance) by Selena Kitt a full length erotic menage...is free today. A novel.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the fiction discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon.UK
421 23 Dec 2014
Vague description - want to find the book... 19 11 days ago
Fiction forum - chat and discussion thread 743 24 days ago
Books similar to Martina Cole's please! 30 28 days ago
Let's write a story in the fiction forum - Keywords: collaborative fiction cooperative writing writers block creative writing practice joint story making world building 348 28 days ago
Author like Jo Nesbo 5 29 days ago
Celtic/ iron age Fiction 18 24 May 2017
what feminist and marxist books do people reccomend for english lit a level coursework??? 52 22 May 2017
A Word Game ... 600 26 Apr 2017
Books set in 40s/50s 45 8 Feb 2017
Georgette Heyer Alternatives 272 25 Jan 2017
What are you reading now, list and chat 526 19 Dec 2016

This discussion

Discussion in:  fiction discussion forum
Participants:  2097
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  25 Dec 2009
Latest post:  3 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 66 customers