Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > fiction discussion forum

How to get reviwers to look at your book?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 May 2012 09:48:50 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 25 May 2012 14:21:24 BDT]

Posted on 25 May 2012 12:30:34 BDT
I don't mean to be nasty, but if your e-mail was written at all like your post (and the thread title), I can see why.

Posted on 25 May 2012 12:33:16 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 25 May 2012 14:21:31 BDT]

Posted on 25 May 2012 12:37:05 BDT
M. Dowden says:
Ivory_Wolf, have you done your research? Have you made sure that people you have emailed read whatever the type of book you write is about? I don't know what you have written, but for instance if you just emailed anyone you may have missed out on your target audience. If it is a fantasy novel, but you have asked people who predominately read crime then they won't necessarily be interested. Just a thought.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2012 12:42:12 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 25 May 2012 14:21:53 BDT]

Posted on 25 May 2012 12:43:19 BDT
M. Dowden says:
Good luck, anyway.

Posted on 25 May 2012 12:44:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 May 2012 12:45:58 BDT
Take a look at this website:-
http://bookblogs.ning.com/forum/topics/book-review-offers-requesting?groupUrl=findreviewersfromallovertheworld

I think it is self-explanatory. Copy and paste into your browser.

Posted on 25 May 2012 13:16:21 BDT
Ivory_Wolf,

You might find this site useful too. I don't know which category your book fits into but if you hold your mouse-pointer over the words "Fiction Book Blogs" on the black bar on the title page you will find a list of categories which will take you to a list of book review blogs for, hopefully, the type of fiction you write. You may find some you haven't approached yet. Good Luck.

http://bookbloggerdirectory.wordpress.com/fiction-blogs/

Posted on 25 May 2012 14:10:14 BDT
Thanks to all for comments and help...

@Ryan, my unfortunate spelling error has been pointed out to me, so I now see where you are coming from! Typing too fast at work... not a good idea...

Posted on 26 May 2012 12:49:14 BDT
Hercularrose says:
Most authors love to read as much as write. It's like hand in glove. Chasing reviews is like banging your head against a brick wall, so don't be discouraged in any way. Just get reading good books that you enjoy, interact with readers and writers and gain knowledge along the way. You will meet people who are interested in your work and might offer to review and that will be a bonus. Best of all you feed the need to read. We write because of an urge, and read because there's a yearning.
Sometimes you get a review and it's good, but they tell potential readers the entire story! Anyway Gareth, goodluck with your book and forge ahead regardless of any hiccups along the way.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the fiction discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  fiction discussion forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  25 May 2012
Latest post:  26 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions