Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > fiction discussion forum

Whats everyone reading ?? Im stuck on what to read next.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-164 of 164 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 10 Apr 2013 12:47:27 BDT
What did you think of it - im playing with the idea of reading it

Posted on 10 Apr 2013 14:13:24 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Apr 2013 14:17:43 BDT
I Readalot says:
Self-promotion is only allowed in the Meet Our Authors Forum as per the Important Announcement from Amazon. Promo anywhere else is likely to make other posters a bit tetchy.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Apr 2013 14:37:18 BDT
I'm very sorry I didn't realise you couldn't do that here! I'm new to this. Sorry if I annoyed anyone x

Posted on 20 Apr 2013 11:45:03 BDT
Kriss says:
I resort to classics often. SONS AND LOVERS has engaged me now.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2013 13:41:29 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Apr 2013 13:41:43 BDT
gille liath says:
I'm (re-)reading that just now, too. :)

I think it's his best book, the first part especially. I sympathise with the Dad, though; Paul and his Mum are frankly a bit 'superior' and pretentious. Apparently Lawrence in later life considered re-writing it, to do more justice to his Dad.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2013 14:43:57 BDT
Have you read The Supremes at Earls All You Can Eat? It's fantastic. I couldn't put it down. Angela M

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2013 14:57:18 BDT
M. Lewin says:
Now for something completely different - JUST LIKE A WOMAN by Danielle Crowe. Highly enjoyable and most intriguing - but not for the fainthearted (there is a fair amount of sexual activity in it!). It's only available as a Kindle download.
MZ

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2013 14:30:18 BDT
Loved Me Before You!!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2013 14:32:36 BDT
Hasn't this been exposed by the Guardian as fake account of a 'real' adventure though?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2013 15:34:20 BDT
Mr Mojo says:
Right To Bear Arms by John Hampden is a good read. Very thought provoking.
Your reply to Mr Mojo's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2013 17:03:26 BDT
I Readalot says:
Yes, I think it was a couple of years ago it came to light and he ended up having to repay quite a bit of cash to the charity concerned.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2013 17:36:03 BDT
If I recall correctly, the story is basically true, but it was somewhat "spruced up" in the re-telling. It is a fantastic story, though. The charity Mortenson set up is real enough, although he was eased out of his chief executive job after a while because, while he was a great spokesman, he wasn't really up to running the charity properly.

There is a follow-up book, as well, which I haven't yet read.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 May 2013 12:33:39 BDT
Frankie says:
If you like screwball comedy/humour try Robert Rankin's Brightonomicon, or Alfie Crow's Rant. I loved Christopher Moore's Lamb, but I do know lots of people who didn't like it at all...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the fiction discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  fiction discussion forum
Participants:  119
Total posts:  164
Initial post:  19 Dec 2012
Latest post:  8 May 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions