Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > fantasy discussion forum

Authors: please do not self-promote on this forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2015 17:29:37 GMT
Anita says:
Thank you, Jim, and a priori: happy new year! :)

[Yesterday my daughter got a message from someone: hurray, only 364 days to wait until Christmas! That is not true, she told me. There is the 29th February next year, so it makes full 365 days to wait until next Christmas! :)]

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2015 17:15:13 GMT
Anita says:
Aww! I lost count how many times people confused me with some other Anita! ;)

Posted on 27 Dec 2015 16:05:16 GMT
Jim Webster says:
Yes belated Merry Christmas to you all

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2015 11:10:37 GMT
Happy post-christmas to you. I know who Tui is talking about, thats a different Anita who lives in Yorkshire :)

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2015 04:09:04 GMT
Anita says:
Hi, Tui. You may remember me too, just surely not from skype - I'm the one who lives almost on exact antipode spot of Earth from you. Well, actually I'd end up in the stormy ocean south of New Zealand, not in New Zealand itself. Which makes me think that you are in the middle of summer right now. Ahhh...

Belatedly - happy Christmas, everyone :)

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Dec 2015 12:07:42 GMT
Ok, maybe dial down a bit on the hot whiskeys.... ;) Only joking. Your contriubtions are usually much more worthwhile than about 90% of the internet. No, make that 99%!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Dec 2015 06:54:22 GMT
Tui Allen says:
Yep, I do skip about a lot and mostly lurk but every now and then I can't resist jumping in and opening my big mouth, usually once I've had a glass of something warming to provide me with Dutch courage.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2015 22:04:39 GMT
Hi Tui :) Good to see you. I've seen you on the Quirky thread in the US as well. We both seem to get around quite a bit!

Posted on 16 Dec 2015 20:47:53 GMT
Tui Allen says:
Hello, I think I recognise some of the posters here from skype?

Posted on 6 Oct 2015 16:23:23 BDT
:)

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2015 16:08:40 BDT
Jim Webster says:
there again........

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2015 15:48:44 BDT
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/Dana%C3%AB_and_the_Shower_of_Gold_-_L%C3%A9on-Fran%C3%A7ois_Comerre.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2015 15:43:23 BDT
Jim Webster says:
It's true, I just need somebody to recognise my genius and shower me with gold

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2015 14:13:37 BDT
You'll just have to get yourself a rich patron or something. Maybe Tallis could help with that.

Posted on 6 Oct 2015 13:40:18 BDT
Jim Webster says:
Trouble is, close to us is the far end of the civilised world for everybody else. Also Saturday seems to have reverted to being a working day again. I'm not sure how that happened but somehow it did

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2015 13:23:45 BDT
Maybe if we arranged another one closer to you?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2015 13:11:42 BDT
Jim Webster says:
It's just unfortunate but there was no way I could make it down there :-(

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2015 22:01:47 BDT
It would have been great if you could have made it Jim - ah well, maybe another time. I had great fun with Geoff and Darren. And Caspian of course.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2015 22:00:38 BDT
Thanks for remembering Anita! I have been away for the last few days and just saw your message. That cake looks very delicious, thanks. I love apricots and ginger, so its perfect for me :)

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Oct 2015 08:23:24 BDT
Jim Webster says:
Yes have a good birthday. Alas I'm stuck here and busy

Posted on 2 Oct 2015 00:04:18 BDT
Anita says:
Happy birthday, Gingerlily!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2015 21:33:12 BDT
No, I never made it in the end, Anita. But I will still be coming at some point - don't worry, I won't sneak in and out without telling you. That's a promise! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Aug 2015 21:30:00 BDT
Anita says:
Ahh, so it was you! And I wondered who is whispering the Happy Birthday in my head...

So it's two days before my fun starts, I'll be very nervous, hectic with loads of loose ends and unfinished work on the 2nd October! :)

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Aug 2015 21:22:55 BDT
I was there! In a corner of your head, watching the fun. Did you not hear me whispering Happy Birthday?

My birthday is on the 2nd. Thats in 2 months exactly! And I haven't planned anything :(

Posted on 2 Aug 2015 21:07:15 BDT
Anita says:
Ahh, nice! So I wasn't too late to say hello, you folks are here to say hi back! :)

It won't revive the thread or the forum, but hey, it's almost like visiting good old places with nostalgia and sweet half sad smile. I have a tiny bit of idea of Jim's place, so I can imagine it and him watching the tumbleweed with erm... a particular small book in hands (also you added your picture to your book page, so I did get something new!). :) Nice to know you are still at it though. I just wonder if *someone* may be granted an exclusive right for a tiny bit of self-promotion here...

I have no idea of Gingerlily's or Marcus' places, but still.

Gingerlily - tut tut! Despite your promises you were absent from my birthday party. Hey?.. So if you want me to think a happy birthday to you, you'll have to say me the day. I may be having the fun of my life in October, I also have a dear friend to think a happy birthday to in October, but I wouldn't forget!

Marcus - two or three years ago you said you were coming to visit Lithuania - a bit more realistically than Gingerlily coming to my birthday party. Did you, eventually? Without even telling me??
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 163 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the fantasy discussion forum (697 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  fantasy discussion forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  4059
Initial post:  11 Jul 2012
Latest post:  27 Dec 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions