Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Discover more Shop now
Customer Discussions > drama discussion forum

Who is the best BOND ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 203 posts in this discussion
Posted on 24 Jul 2011 20:09:02 BDT
kenyasue says:
The best bond ever Mr Connery and the best Bond born to the role Basildon Bond

Posted on 24 Jul 2011 20:16:49 BDT
Tie between Roger Moore and Sean Connery. Didn't like Brosnan or Dalton as Bond. They just didn't have "it", whatever "it" is.

Posted on 24 Jul 2011 20:53:18 BDT
I think you'll find that the original choice to play Bond was in fact David Niven by author Ian Fleming but was over ruled by the EON producers who chose Sean Connery.
For me the best Bond has to be Connery, in my opinion he was closest to Fleming's idea. I think if Dalton had been given the right scripts and time to develop that he would have been an excellent Bond. Moore was just a comic strip and ridiculous in the role.
For the new generation Craig does a good enough job, they just have to reinstate some of the iconic elements into the films that make Bond films what they are.
Someone earlier said that these films are formulaic, you know what you're going to get with a Bond film, but isn't that why we go to see them?

Posted on 24 Jul 2011 21:44:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Jul 2011 23:24:51 BDT
DB Edwards says:
There is only ONE and will always be JUST ONE JAMES BOND. AND HE IS SEAN CONNERY. The sexiest, coolest, smoothest, best looking, sincere, funny, sophisticated and BRITISH TO THE BONE. That Scottish accent of his KNOCKS ME DEAD. A CLASS ACT OFTEN IMITATED. NEVER EQUALLED. The others? PRETENDERS ALL! LONG LIVE SEAN CONNERY!

Posted on 25 Jul 2011 12:17:17 BDT
D. Lench says:
I think the best bond we ever had and ever will be are Roger moore, Sean connery and pierce brosnan as no one else has even come close to being as good but then i think it's about time that bond ended and we look forward to something new and fresh or is it that no one has any imagination anymore

Posted on 28 Jul 2011 05:18:19 BDT
D. Lench says:
i am

Posted on 29 Jul 2011 13:09:27 BDT
I. Young says:
Barry Nelson anyone?

Certainly the best actor was Dalton but the charisma was a bit laboured. As already mentioned shame he didn't do more films. As for his successor, Pierce Brosnan certainly looked like Bond but would of been better off as the Milk Tray man. Easily his best British secret agent role is the sleazy guy in the Tailor of Panama.

Roger Moore, well he's Roger Moore. Worth a mention for pulling off the best Bond film; Live and Let Die with the Spy Who loved Me in the Top Five best films. They do not excuse View to a Kill and Octopussy however.

I'm going for Connery with Daniel Craig a very close second.

Posted on 30 Jul 2011 08:12:39 BDT
It's gotta be Roger Moore despite how wonderful Sean Connery was in the role. Moore brought more humor and personality to the role, plus he was confident enough to show a very loving and sensitive side to the character. So I strongly feel he was the most versatile and the one most people could relate to in one aspect or another. Also, many of the Moore films are my faves with wonderful soundtracks. Never cared for Pierce Brosnan. Way too stiff and uptight. Craig is ok but is still quite a bit like Brosnan. So for me there's really only two Bonds. Roger Moore and Sean Connery.

Posted on 30 Jul 2011 14:47:53 BDT
As i'm in my 20s the first Bond film i saw was Goldeneye - not particularly good after seeing the others but Brosnan is very good but Craig is now my favourite? (i'm female too if that enlightens)

Posted on 30 Jul 2011 16:20:47 BDT
Sean Connery is James Bond. All others are wannabes. As for the current one, Daniel Craig, I think he is the wrong type. I could see someone like Hugh Jackman or Clive Owen as better suited for the role. Problem is, they are already too famous/expensive for the role. The Bond producers always preferred actors who would be willing to do it for less (exception: Roger Moore), so they picked actors who were not yet on the "A-list".

Posted on 31 Jul 2011 03:17:18 BDT
I have to say that,although I'm not a great fan of Hugh Grant, he would in my opinion make an excellent James Bond given the sheer dearth of talent that has followed Connery to the altar.A comic actor that takes himself seriously would raise the stakes to a new level.On the other hand there's that wonderful Canadian actor John Candy but that's probably not possible now.......he would have relished the role.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jul 2011 17:22:20 BDT
Paul Smith says:
mine is lazenby..... yes seriously

Posted on 31 Jul 2011 18:01:09 BDT
Sheriff says:
Mine is Roger Moore followed by Pierce Brosnan. In The Wild Geese Roger Moore showed that he had a tough streak to him which he never had when he played Bond, if he'd played Bond like that he would probably be regarded as the Best Bond. Suave, smart, good looking, cool, dry sense of humour and a mean streak.
Brosnan should have got the part 10 years earlier.
The man who I would have liked to see play Bond was Richard Burton.

Posted on 31 Jul 2011 18:40:11 BDT
I've previously posted on the subject but I would add that OHMS is a cracking film and George Lazenby was good er very good .......ho hey... hey ho ..............he's an Aussie sheep-back farmer now....wasted.

Posted on 1 Aug 2011 21:01:06 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Aug 2011 20:20:55 BDT
DB Edwards says:
There is one, and there will always be, the ONE AND ONLY GENUINE JAMES BOND. SEAN CONNERY.
GOD BLESS HIM. The most handsome, sexy, witty and fantastic Bond of the lot. And yes, of course, David Niven was good but, remember this, SEAN CONNERY WAS SCOTTISH.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Aug 2011 21:21:59 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Aug 2011 21:23:48 BDT
DB Edwards says:
@ D. Foster

John Candy tried for the role of James Bond, but on account of his onerous Canadian accent, he didn't pass the audition.

Posted on 2 Aug 2011 07:53:20 BDT
J.Yasimoto says:
Matt Damon.

Posted on 2 Aug 2011 10:08:39 BDT
Debstwinkle says:
Sean Connery IS Bond

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2011 21:18:41 BDT
Bob Weston says:
I agree the era does give you a bias towards 'your time' actors, however, having viewed ALL Bond's as objectively as possible I find they are all "the best Bond" for different reasons - see below for details.
Sean Connery - Sauve and slick philanderer
George Lazenby - Credible English eccentric
Roger Moore - Comic romantic intelectual
Timothy Dalton - Rugged heartless killer
Pierce Brosnan - Charming yet brutal manipulator and the new guy is just a thug!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2011 21:31:57 BDT
Bob Weston says:
Live and Let Die was one of the strongest Bond's perhaps more for the music score (hats off to George Martin and Paul McCartney) than it's thin plot. After all the film was based on a short story in the first place...and I feel some may take it too literally and Bond Remastered - Live And Let Die (1-disc) [DVD]may view it today as a blatant attempt to side with racial discrimination.

Posted on 5 Aug 2011 21:34:57 BDT
Bob Weston says:
Timothy Dalton was in my opinion one of the best Bond's, as he portrayed the character closest to Ian Flemming's writing of the OO Agent.

Posted on 12 Aug 2011 16:17:51 BDT
AndyBSG says:
A toss up between Brosnan and Moore for me. Craig just isn't Bond, takes himself too seriously and doesn't deliver enough one liners.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2011 16:20:57 BDT
jorgensen says:
How I do agree with you.

Posted on 12 Aug 2011 20:19:49 BDT
1. sean connery
2. daniel craig
3. piers brosnan
4. timothy dalton
5. roger moore
6. george lazenby

Posted on 12 Aug 2011 20:20:40 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 12 Aug 2011 20:24:41 BDT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the drama discussion forum (365 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  drama discussion forum
Participants:  140
Total posts:  203
Initial post:  23 Sep 2010
Latest post:  6 May 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions