Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > deals discussion forum

petition to stop using parcel force who refuse to leave a parcel in safe place they say they are regulated by the post offic e leglislation and even if requested they will not leave parcel, but will deliver to another addres for a payment of over £5.00 o

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 60 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Jan 2013 16:29:54 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 15 Jan 2013 17:00:07 GMT
Amacken says:
The £5.50 is only charged if you want the parcel delivered to another address other than the one on the package. They do not charge for the first redelivery or you could collect it from the depot. They are unable to leave a package as they will be liable for it if you contact amazon and say you did not receive it. Sorry you have had this trouble with them, I find them good and have never had an issue with them personally.

Posted on 15 Jan 2013 18:46:44 GMT
This will always be a problem regardless of which company delivers your parcels, simply because they (nearly) all deliver at a random time during the day when most people are out at work. People can rarely afford to take time off work just to wait for a delivery, and the companies cannot just leave a parcel in case it gets nicked, which they are liable for. Similarly, they can't keep delivering indefinitely during the day as it will cost them a fortune.
I just don't understand why there isn't a company that delivers in evenings when most people are at home, or even gives that as an option. I imagine the number of missed deliveries would reduce dramatically.

Posted on 15 Jan 2013 20:57:22 GMT
iwannabeme says:
I have many deliveries from them UK & abroad. They have always left a card telling me the package has been left at my local post office, without your £1 charge.
If customs duties are payable, you can do this online & get the goods delivered nxt working day. I think your petition is pointless.

Posted on 15 Jan 2013 21:09:32 GMT
Miss J. Daly says:
Yet another pointless petition attempt, we may as well start a petition against Amazon charging us for anything that we order....
Stop moaning and start smiling more :)

Posted on 16 Jan 2013 03:00:36 GMT
Parcelforce are jolly good! You see I have neighbours from hell so goods cannot be left with neighbours. Lodging the parcel at the Post Office is brilliant but the other couriers cannot do it. I have NEVER been asked to pay £1 and I do have to wonder if this fee (when charged) goes to someones Christmas Bonus.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jan 2013 04:44:25 GMT
Or to Main Post Office free of charge.

Posted on 16 Jan 2013 08:50:02 GMT
James R says:
I've used Amazon since they started in the UK (and other internet companies) for home delivery. I've had (occaisonal) problems with all delivery companies. HOWEVER Royal Mail and Parcelforce are probably the two best. Perhaps the future is the use of lockers (Amazon offer this service for SOME products at a nearby Co-op store.)

Posted on 16 Jan 2013 11:09:04 GMT
I think parcelforce are great! In fact (based on my and others experiences) I would want a law where it would be illegal to leave a parcel "in a safe place" or with neighbours unless specifically given permission to by the recipient!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jan 2013 11:11:30 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 16 Jan 2013 11:12:43 GMT]

Posted on 16 Jan 2013 15:41:28 GMT
Mr. D. Kent says:
Fantastic service from Parcelforce always. You need to listen to the other comments,or dont order anything online and go out to the high street and buy it there at least it would stop you moaning.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jan 2013 15:47:07 GMT
Mr. D. Kent says:
An evening delivery i believe was tried by some companys but failed due to costs,understand that the majority of parcels they deliver to is business not home addresses,im sure you would not be happy to pay an hefty premium to get your item delivered,like you i would prefer an evening delivery but am not prepared to pay any more extra.Parcelforce take my parcels straight to my local post office free of charge so i think this is the only company that can do this as they are linked to the post office network.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jan 2013 16:40:06 GMT
Roger 640 says:
Many parcel delivery companies now notify of delivery within a 1 hr window. This is a significant development in parcel delivery as it avoids the 'having to wait in all day' problem. I would expect Parcel Force to introduce this also. I strongly disagree with Parcel Force and Royal Mail adopting the default as 'leave with a neigbour' if no one is at home. The default should always be to return to Post Office or depot.

Posted on 16 Jan 2013 18:55:57 GMT
in japan package delivery companies ring u to say the package has arrived at the dept ask what time and to where should they bring it that day . then its delivered but then they believe in service over there

Posted on 16 Jan 2013 21:46:31 GMT
Pointless petition. I hate when delivery companies leave parcels in so-called safe places! I don't understand why people order parcels knowing they will likely be delivered when they are not there, and then blame the delivery company for not risking their own responsibility by leaving it somewhere else!

And I think its fair enough to charge extra to redelivering it to a different address, its basically the same as having to send it all over again. They are businesses not charities.

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 22:41:29 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2014 01:19:06 GMT
If you think parcel Force is poor, I don't, you should live in a country where they use MRW. MRW leave registered parcels anywhere they like? The idea of a service is you need to sign for it as proof you have received it. If you don't sign then parcel Force is responsible for the lose. I would have thought that logical and rather obvious?

Why on earth complain about a service that actually works? Beggars all belief.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2014 05:05:56 GMT
THE LEVELLER says:
'The' best post on the whole forum Miss Daly!

Love it! :-)

Posted on 3 Mar 2014 07:03:21 GMT
Never really had delivery problem, although when I'm not at home I nearly always have card saying left safely in :::::::::: by r mail

Posted on 3 Mar 2014 11:19:21 GMT
 says:
Moaning bout this delivery company, that delivery company, every single blomin company. You will still be moaning not having any company. Maybe we should put a stop to all delivery company's and you can collect the darn blomin parcel yourself and then you will have something to moan about. So stop your blomin moaning and be thankful we have got delivery companies.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2014 11:35:03 GMT
Colin says:
You say "I believe that Amazon do not require a signature on items of below £750 in value" - is this just something that you have decided? What about items from Third party sellers or marketplace sellers?
If you are consistently OUT, do not order for delivery to your home address.

Posted on 3 Mar 2014 12:20:19 GMT
Andy says:
you think parcel force is bad compared to yodel they are a dream !!

Posted on 3 Mar 2014 12:51:52 GMT
Rosiebear says:
I believe amazon and a few other companies are introducing a Sunday delivery. That should stop some moaners.

Posted on 3 Mar 2014 15:38:07 GMT
kinjoking says:
the real issue are Royal mail themselves. they are shockingly bad, badly needs privatisation

Posted on 3 Mar 2014 20:56:44 GMT
Parcelforce are excellent . Always leave parcel in local Post Office at no charge. Check out their conditions of carriage. They leave a card with details and time and signature. ID required to collect. Don't understand the reason for petition. As said above if you ain't happy shop on high street . Another bit of advice don't hack the drivers off or they may work strictly to rules ( not leaving in safe place like the PO but taking it back to depot) Wind your neck in and get a life.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the deals discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
📚 Book Worms 📚 2801 5 minutes ago
Amazon drones! 26 56 minutes ago
Say something nice part two. 8993 2 hours ago
Did you know? 1324 3 hours ago
What annoys You - Part TWO 2998 4 hours ago
Dub your Humour 461 5 hours ago
🍗 What's on the menu? 🍝 577 8 hours ago
Lusitania a way more important ship than Titanic --what deals can you get on Lusitania items? 356 17 hours ago
Benny Hill considered funnier than Monty Python---get great deals on Hill DVD's 713 18 hours ago
** A B C ** 3146 19 hours ago
order not received 161 22 hours ago
yodel delivery 3370 1 day ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  deals discussion forum
Participants:  45
Total posts:  60
Initial post:  15 Jan 2013
Latest post:  10 Oct 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions