Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > deals discussion forum

amazon prime instant video THE NETWORK IS DOWN so my tv is telling me

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Feb 2014 21:27:39 GMT
Well done

Posted on 27 Feb 2014 21:44:59 GMT
And?

Posted on 28 Feb 2014 00:59:52 GMT
S. Bell says:
I don't think you're missing anything

Posted on 28 Feb 2014 13:34:29 GMT
:-)
Seriously though...

I had a free trial of LoveFilm a couple of years ago and this happened to me quite frequently so I didn't bother with a full subscription.

I'm now on Prime Instant Video and it's happening again. Half way through a Prime Instant film on my TV and a pop-up tells me my Internet connection is down. Total hogwash.

The LoveFilm service was rubbish for me and it appears that nothing has changed with Prime Instant Video.

I have no problems with any of the other VoD services.

Posted on 28 Feb 2014 14:15:59 GMT
Gadget Fan says:
I had a go at watching a film last night and it kept jumping the whole way through. It also said it was HD althought it looked far from that to me.
Iplayer works fine and I have a 70Mb connection so they cant tell me its at my end.

I'm sure once all the Prime auto renew cancelations start to kick in (mine included) their servers won't be so busy. Maybe even back to Love Film levels.

Posted on 28 Feb 2014 21:37:03 GMT
Subast says:
I cannot watch it either.

Posted on 28 Feb 2014 21:52:45 GMT
Just spent the last 2 hours watching "The Impossible" so no problems here :)

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 14:53:27 GMT
Lexa1 says:
You're lucky - the app won't even load properly on mine, just tells me to contact Amazon. Have spoken to Instant Video support and they are trying to get info on how to sort it out!

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 14:55:50 GMT
Lexa1 says:
Forgot to say, app works fine on Bluray player, just not smart tv, both connected by cable to modem, so should be no difference.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Mar 2014 14:59:06 GMT
D. Dykes says:
Foes the same thing here. I don't want to stream videos...I only want prime delivery but it doesn't look like that's an option.

Posted on 8 Mar 2014 14:50:45 GMT
Charmed says:
Signed up Prime service this morning.....it's taken 5 hours to watch 2 films!! I have perfect internet connection which is fast and reliable and no other devices running! Buffering was really annoying, connection kept dropping. I had to try reconnecting 2 or 3 times before the film eventually reappeared.

I am running this off my Wii so it would be interesting to know if other devices are fairing better?
Thank you ....

Posted on 13 Mar 2014 08:58:04 GMT
Lexa1 says:
Just heard back from Amazon re: my inability to watch on both Sony TV and Sony Bluray - the response was:

I have an update from our technical team and they ask that as you have two Sony devices registered for Prime Instant Video that you will need to register each device to a separate Sony account in order to use both devices for Prime Instant Video.

Alternatively you can de-register one of the devices from your Prime Instant Video Account

Posted on 30 Mar 2014 00:37:28 GMT
fch says:
3/29/13 8:34 PM
Have been trying to log on to Amazon Instant video for about an hour. I keep getting message "A network error has occurred- timed out- network may not be set up correctly".
Had no trouble with Amazon I.V. night before last. Have tried everything. Is the network down or what?

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Mar 2014 02:44:15 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Mar 2014 02:56:58 BDT
LegoGirl says:
FCHMDPC: what brand of device are you using? The Sony network is giving the same issue in the US, says it's to do with a recent update over the last couple of days.

Posted on 27 Nov 2014 21:04:48 GMT
I've been having the same problem for months. Halfway through watching something on Amazon IV (on my Sony Blu-ray player), it tells me 'The network appears to be down'. We have broadband and the same problem never occurs with Netflix. It's getting to the point where there's really no reason for me to waste money on a service that I can't use.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the deals discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  deals discussion forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  27 Feb 2014
Latest post:  27 Nov 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions