Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > cooking discussion forum

Multi-functional mixer/blender/perhaps processor

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Jul 2012, 12:44:23 BST
Wendy says:
Well, I've searched and read, and still can't find quite what I'm looking for! So - advice please! I want a retro design mixer, without the Kitchenaid price tag, and I want it to be able to take attachments - the most important one to me is blender, preferably glass. Price? Well, I'd love to keep it below £200 - and the more the merrier! Any ideas would be gratefully read... :-)

Posted on 21 Jul 2012, 13:09:11 BST
FSamuel says:
Thank you Wendy for posting this. I am in the same predicament. But I would like to keep it well under £100 .
So, I shall sit back and watch .

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2012, 13:20:15 BST
Yep, I'll be following this one too, Wendy.
I'm considering an update on my old kit, and retro works for me everytime.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2012, 14:00:11 BST
Wendy says:
hi FB and suzy - thanks for replying...It's a battle isn't it, having champagne taste and lemonade money! There's so many out there, it's hard to know where to start...but am liking a couple. The Bosch looks good, and there's a mixer that can be 'added' to - so am looking into that one, to see exactly what it's made of, and exactly what can be added. I've also seen a couple of basic but nice retro'ish mixers on ebay - that might warrant the cost of a total refurbishment. I so want a mixer that can just stand alone, and then flip a cover - get the glass blender out and pop it on, and then flip the cover back when the job is done. I have a 'space limited' kitchen so can't have 2 things out at once! And, like most people, I just don't want to hide a mixer away in the cupboard...cos I know I'll be guilty of not using it as often. Hopefully it won't be too long before some seasoned mixer veterans chip in with some good advice... :-)

Posted on 21 Jul 2012, 16:04:18 BST
Last edited by the author on 21 Jul 2012, 16:07:16 BST
Yes, my kitchen is 8ft x 9ft - so I have similar issues to you.
And a beautiful mixer should be worthy of displaying with pride, I agree completely on that!

Have you tried having a wander through any older threads on here Wendy???

'Kenwood Chef v Kitchen Aid?' - 800 replies - springs to mind,....and I think also?
'Magimix 3200 v Kenwood 920 Multipro???' - 44 replies - and maybe?
'Food processor bowl too fragile - does anyone make metal ones?' - 32 replies.

Some of these will have debates over the brands on them - and maybe prove useful to you??? Hope that helps!!! - X !

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2012, 21:36:54 BST
Happy says:
Just looking at one of your older posts. I've always wanted a Kenwood, but I can never understand the pricing. Here in Portugal the cheapest is aound £500 from Makro, though I can always buy through Amazon( they are my main place to source things, as it's usually free posting in the UK then we have a transport company that will ship things to us for a few quid) I love the retro look ones. my Gran had a really old Kenwood which I loved, sadly it was just ditched when she died, as it was 'old'. Pity nobody asked me if I wanted it.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2012, 21:47:51 BST
Happy says:
I also agree, that a good mixer should be on the work surface asking to be used. Once it's in the cupboard it will soon be forgotten. I hate cluttered kitchens but some things deserve pride of place. I'm lucky that I have a huge though disjointed kitchen. We operated as a guest house for many years for disabled people( bed, breakfast, lunch evening meal) until ill health put paid to it all. Now we just do self catering. So I have a big cooking area, with lots of work surfaces, a preparation area, and then a washing up section, sounds great but it's a long walk from the cooker to the sink! This coming winter (fingers crossed) I'm having high and low level cupboards in the washing up area. The low level ones I'm sure about but at the moment all my gadgets sit on a shelf above the work surface. Do I really want them out of sight?

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2012, 21:56:33 BST
pixie says:
No you don't. In my experience gadgets that are stuffed in cupboard rarely see the light of day. If they are on the work surface ready for action...that recipe seems so much nearer!
If you love cooking keep your helpers near that's my advice!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2012, 22:31:57 BST
Wendy says:
suzy!

I just spent about 3 hours, on and off, reading through the links you sent me - in particular the 'Kenwood Chef v Kitchen Aid?' one.

Interesting indeed - but it seems Kenwood beats Kitchenaid hands down...I do love the latters looks though - but am sensible enough to regard substance over the pretties! And, I can't afford a KA.

I'm trawling through ebay, just to get a sense of what is on offer in the 2nd hand market - but I'm not in a massive hurry...well, a little perhaps! I really want to choose something soon. What Ireally would love, is a Kenwood with 50's retro styling, that someone's mum had from new, but for whatever reason never used it much. So it's stayed pristine, and now is selling it for a song - it's clean and gorgeous and made like they used to make things back in the day.

oh stuff of dreams eh!

oh and suzy...the stuff on Magimix had me interested too - but I really think my preference is with the mixer - and perhaps an attachment or three. I think it's going to be KW or Bosch - and as much bang for my buck as I can manage.

oh and a pps...I sympathises with the size of your kitchen...I thought mine was frugal at 10ft square - but it's only a smidge bigger than yours...although I have 3 doors in mine, which is a total pain.

@happycleaner...thanks for replying also - your kitchen sounds huge, my kind of thing indeed! If I could find the right priced vintage Kenwood mixer I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I found a guy who refurbishes them, but need to be sure what I'm buying in the first place is refurbish-able!

Back tomorrow to read some more :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012, 07:19:58 BST
Hello Wendy,

I don't know if you've already looked here or if this is quite what you're looking for, but it seems that Comet has a sale on and that you can save a bit on some food mixers at the moment, especially if you're willing to order online.

Take a look and see what you think...
http://tinyurl.com/cefad8p

The one at the top of the list has a big saving.

Posted on 22 Jul 2012, 07:33:55 BST
Last edited by the author on 22 Jul 2012, 07:37:12 BST
No matter what size your kitchen is you should always make room for a
Stintoto Trebostine Multi-functional mixer/blender/definitely processor
I got mine from Égþarfaðhafaeinnafþeimíeldhúsinumínu an Icelandic company.

Posted on 22 Jul 2012, 09:22:45 BST
Wendy says:
Hey Toto...

That's an awful long company name...would be very hard to remember the spelling for independent placing into a browser...

I'm tempted to cut and paste...but only an incy wincy amount...I mean tiiiiinnnnnnny amount...

If only dorothy were here with her 'spam' sandwiches - she could do it for me!!

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012, 09:28:28 BST
Wendy says:
hi Sam

Thanks for that link - you are right, the top one is a fair wack of saving. I'm looking at it now, to see what bells and whistles it has.

thanks so much - watch this space!

Posted on 22 Jul 2012, 09:33:23 BST
pixie says:
Sam...you are a marvel! x

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012, 09:34:51 BST
"Ég Þarf Að Hafa Einn Af Þeim Í Eldhúsinu Mínu" Translates with gaps to "I must have one of those in my kitchen" They have a Super Store in Reykavik well worth a visit.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012, 09:35:36 BST
You're welcome, Wendy.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012, 09:37:23 BST
Morning Pixie. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012, 09:46:14 BST
pixie says:
Morning Sam..hope you had a fab saturday evening..lovely here today, staying that way all week it seems.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012, 09:49:24 BST
Nice here too. Might have to think about going out in it. Today could be summer.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012, 09:52:40 BST
pixie says:
The only day of summer! Lol! Be a shame to miss it! Have fun.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012, 09:59:24 BST
I don't know why??? - but I can never get your links to work on my laptop, Sam?!!
Which one are you looking at??? - I'll go into the Comet website and look at it that way.....

Posted on 22 Jul 2012, 10:03:52 BST
pixie says:
Morning suzy...hope it's nice for you today.x

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012, 10:08:54 BST
Last edited by the author on 22 Jul 2012, 10:09:34 BST
The weather is fantastic here!!!

But as usual, I'm stuck indoors with the usual view of the wallpaper for company! - boooooooooo!!!
Still, it gives me more time to look at mixers online!!!

What are you up to today??? Go on - 'take' me somewhere exciting!!! :o>

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012, 10:10:57 BST
I don't know why Tinyurl links won't work for you.

This might mess up the thread formatting, but here's the full link:

http://mobile.comet.co.uk/c/Food-Preparation-Food-Processors/Mixers/2015/Brand/KENWOOD?cm_mmc=Google-_-PPCPM%7c%7cBrand%20Category%7c%7cKitchen%20%26%20Home-_-Small%20appliances%7c%7cFood%20preparation%20%26%20food%20processors%7c%7cMixers%7c%7cKenwood-_-kenwood%20food%20mixers&_$ja=kw:kenwood+food+mixers|cgn:Small+appliances%7c%7cFood+preparation+%26+food+processors%7c%7cMixers%7c%7cKenwood|cgid:2107175946|tsid:12089|cn:PPCPM%7c%7cBrand+Category%7c%7cKitchen+%26+Home|cid:41079126|lid:55309527|mt:Broad|nw:search|crid:15903996906&gclid=CKzRiuTQrLECFVDTzAod2hEAIw

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012, 10:32:53 BST
No, I don't know either!!! -
All I get is - Your search - http://tinyurl.com/cefad8p - did not match any documents!!!

Aaaah, thanks so much for that Sam! - apparently, I just needed -
http://mobile.comet.co.uk/c/Food-Preparation-Food-Processors/Mixers/2015/Brand/KENWOOD?cm, and then it worked perfectly!!! I shall have a really good read later!!! :o>
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (723 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  21 Jul 2012
Latest post:  22 Jul 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers