Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > cooking discussion forum

Oooh right now?.....I am SO craving?.....! ! !

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 252 posts in this discussion
Posted on 4 Aug 2013, 19:32:44 BST
Bearman says:
I aint got no thongs - will my old rugby jock straps do?

Posted on 3 Aug 2013, 09:02:44 BST
I should never read this thread, it makes me jones for falafel. And turn bright red...you girls are something awful! LOL

Posted on 3 Aug 2013, 00:43:54 BST
Oh Pixie, you are so naughty, now I,m all disturbed.........lasagna is one of my Favourite things to eat and I am feeling a bit deprived in the bedroom area nowadays, Bear in a thong and lasagna all in one post is just too much for a girl to take, have a heart Pix.xxxx

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Aug 2013, 18:15:07 BST
pixie says:
But just think Bearman...when you have lost the weight on put on that slinky thong that is languishing in the bedroom drawer you'll feel wonderful and be able to serve up a Lasagne in style!x

Posted on 2 Aug 2013, 09:43:50 BST
Bearman says:
there'sd nothing like trying to lose a bit of weight, to make you crave the fattening stuff. I supposed to be working, but for some reason I keep thinking about lasagne and garlic bread - I've got some beef, pancetta, chicken livers, onions, garlic, lots of tinned tomatoes and passatta, there's plenty of herbs in the garden, there's milk and both parmesan and cheddar cheeses in the fridge, and there's always some dried lasagne in the cupboard...........no, no stop it! Why do I do this to myself. Its supposed to be weight watchers French Lamb Casserole tonight - oh joy!

Posted on 1 Aug 2013, 11:04:07 BST
Bearman says:
Fried cheese sandwhich - shame I am actually behaving myself!

Posted on 31 Jul 2013, 13:58:19 BST
Happy says:
Sometimes I think the only answer is to go ahead and eat what you really want. I find if I try to settle for anything else, all I do is go fridge raiding. I end up eating all sorts of things I shouldn't but aren't as bad as what I really want, then end up giving in and eating what I really wanted in the first place. Afterwards I find I've consumed twice the number of calories I would have done, if I'd just gone ahead and eaten what I really wanted.

Posted on 31 Jul 2013, 13:41:05 BST
Bearman says:
Right now I have a real craving for carbs - I've been following weight watchers menu ideas (mainly) recently and I'm feeling really starved of garlic bread dripping butter, pastries (of any kind) and doorstep sandwiches loaded with naughty things like bacon, cheddar, avocado, sauage, mayo, blue cheese (but not all together..........well, errr, probably not........) Maybe I'll fix my carb itch with a risotto tonight.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012, 17:00:39 GMT
Lumps in Spanish sausage are usually fat and gristle. My DH thinks that if he really fries Lidl's Spanish sausages, "most of the fat gets cooked out." I just let him dream...he doesn't eat supper (acid reflux) so he always has a big brekky...dude's never had a weight problem anyway.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012, 16:51:14 GMT
Happy says:
I know what you mean about sausages, we have the same problem here. We don't even get told how much meat we're getting. Normally they are decidely chewy with great lumps(?*!) in them. Luckily we have an English supermarket not too far away now, and they sell English sausages in all shapes and sizes, fresh and frozen. I have to stop myself bulk buying, still can't believe they'll still be there next time!

I defrosted the freezer today. Not too many surprises, but did find several packs of Portuguese sausages, think I'll donate them to the dog, along with a large pack of freezer burnt chicken livers, and a bulk pack of what I think is soup, but no label.
The freezer is now only half full instead of stuffed ( found half a dozen half used packs of frozen peas), so lots of room for Christmas goodies. Found a pack of mince pies and some sausage rolls from last year. So now it's a toss up of whether to add them to this years haul, or to hell with the diet and eat them up first.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012, 16:12:04 GMT
I am still jonesing heavily for falafel, particularly after watching Ottolenghi's Jerusalem programme, so I put some garbanzos in soak. Only three handfuls but those puppies have swelled bigtime!! My recipe calls for soaking them for 24 hrs, and grinding the raw garbanzos to a sandy texture with onion, coriander powder, parsley etc. I am a heretic...I add garlic! Just a little.
I realise watching the Jerusalem show that I was making my falafel way too big.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012, 13:41:03 GMT
pixie says:
Ori I agree...I make a very similar one with Ciabatta loaf or the oblong rolls.
I whizz up olive oil, chilli flakes, fresh parsley and garlic to a runnyish paste. Then paint it on both each side of the bread/roll...wrap in foil then I either freeze as they are or if I need it straight away pop the package into the hot oven. Unwrap and leaving it in the foil and pop back in for an extra couple of mins til the top crusty....then slice into sandwich fingers...delish!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012, 12:08:01 GMT
Mmmm, sounds so much better, Orinoco.....x
I'd still prefer to have my chunky chips with Lasagne though, if Bearman wouldn't mind?!

Posted on 5 Nov 2012, 12:05:16 GMT
Spanish "garlic bread" means rubbing a cut clove of garlic on bread, toasted or not. End of story. No grease needed, you get the taste without the excessive dragon-breath.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012, 12:02:59 GMT
Last edited by the author on 5 Nov 2012, 12:03:27 GMT
Yummy!!! - but I'm not keen on garlic bread, Bearman?......it's a grease thing?......I don't like eating greasy things for some reason. So can I be cheeky and do what I do when eating out? - and request chunky chips instead of salad and garlic bread?

I don't drink wine either, so I have bottles of the stuff everywhere that were gifts last Christmas - so I'll get Roo to load up the wheelbarrow (as neither of us can drive!) and then you can treat us to a Lasagne evening - and I can treat everyone to a Liquid one!!!

And don't forget too? - that it's always treble portions for Roo, will you? I'll bring his highchair and bib - Oh squirrels! can that little kangaroo eat!!! ;o>

Posted on 5 Nov 2012, 11:48:32 GMT
Bearman says:
OK then, its decided - tomorrow is lasagne night at my house. Everyone's invited. I will lay on the lasagne, garlic bread and salads. You just need to bring the red wine.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012, 11:42:12 GMT
Last edited by the author on 5 Nov 2012, 11:42:43 GMT
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You HAD to say the L word, didn't you?!! If I was only allowed one food for the rest of my life, then I'd be with Garfield on that and simply live off Lasagne!!! And I haven't made or eaten one for months either!..... AND I MISS IT TOO NOW!!!

Posted on 5 Nov 2012, 09:46:26 GMT
Bearman says:
I'm craving lasagne - I haven't made one for months AND I MISS IT!!!!!

Posted on 4 Nov 2012, 14:02:29 GMT
I saw this today on Comics.com and thought of this group...and this thread.
http://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2012/11/04

Posted on 3 Nov 2012, 18:51:06 GMT
I'll tell you what I'm craving...my sense of taste. For some reason today nothing tastes like anything. I haven't got a cold but my mouth seems to be dead. I had to stop myself at lunch because I was going for the marmalade, even though I was really physically no longer hungry I wasn't *satisfied.*

Posted on 3 Nov 2012, 18:43:02 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Nov 2012, 18:45:16 GMT
I am desperately craving Chocolate Brazils!

I know, because I haven't had a bag for weeks now (trying the old 'cold turkey' treatment!) but I have just come to in the middle of cooking a Chicken Curry to find myself with a jar of Peanut Butter in one hand and a spoon in the other?!! I have HAD to ask for it to be hidden somewhere in case the temptation returns! - but I know where it will be?! - in the Christmas Goodie Box, in the Garage, on top of the freezer! - where I KNOW there is a BIG box of Brazils also 'hidden'........!

ARRRGGGHHH!!! - HELP ME!!!

Posted on 3 Nov 2012, 08:52:12 GMT
I want to make something like the Hairy Dieter's cassoulet but we don't have all the bangin' variety of bangers y'all have there in the UK. I'll have to do what I can with what there is. I love how they sell sausages there with a meat-percentage marked on. Here that never happens, you just have to read the labels and know your butcher if you can.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2012, 23:44:02 GMT
Isobel Ayres says:
Yum! Yes please! Love cassoulet!

Posted on 2 Nov 2012, 13:35:18 GMT
Oh I am all over that like a rash!

Posted on 2 Nov 2012, 11:48:13 GMT
Bearman says:
Hi Ori - come on over to my place - Cassoulet is being served up. I had a big tin of Confit du canard that I bought back from France and some smoked sausage so cassoulet is a must.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (723 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  252
Initial post:  1 Nov 2012
Latest post:  23 Oct 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers