Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > cooking discussion forum

Oooh right now?.....I am SO craving?.....! ! !

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 252 posts in this discussion
Posted on 23 Sep 2013, 08:59:03 BST
Bearman says:
Someone made a comment on one of the other threads about comfort food now that things are getting cooler (if you forget this weekend just gone) - I think stew and dumplings was mentioned :-)

So right now my mind is turning to comfort food, and I am so craving Irish Stew (Gary Rhodes recipe), in a big bowl with a chunk of good bread and butter on the side!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2013, 09:09:48 BST
pixie says:
Me Me Me!!!! I am the dumpling woman!oops! that came out wrong!

Talking of bread and butter pudding, ( I know we weren't but I just remembered it!) I had a meal at a friends house and she made the Delia Chocolate bread and butter pudding...not a huge fan of choc desserts but that made me want to urge! Foul!

Now irish stew...mmmmm! with lots of pearl barley in it!

Posted on 23 Sep 2013, 14:45:56 BST
I can't wait for it to get cold enough here to enjoy really hot soup and Tarka Dal and all my favourites. 35ºC here today at 1 PM.
In spite of that I am going to make me some beef in red wine a la Hairy Dieters Eat for Life. Take that, mercury!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2013, 15:12:49 BST
Bearman says:
I'm not a fan of normal bread and butter pudding - it tastes wrong to me (like bread sauce - which makes me nauseous just thinking about it). But I do like bread and butter pudding made with brioche and flavoured with something like orange zest and Cointreau :-)

Sorry, not with you on the pearl barley - its ok, but not in my (Gary's) recipe. You can put it in my soup instead.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2013, 16:40:19 BST
pixie says:
ok...it's a deal!......

I like the sound of orange...chocolate meh!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2013, 22:20:51 BST
I,ve made that pud several times and everybody loves it !!!! Especially with a good slug of rum in it. Killer.xxxxx

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2013, 22:28:53 BST
Pomme dauphinois, one of my comfort foods, oh, and sausage casserole with buttery peppery cabbage and mash. Aaaaah, don,t get me started, all food is comfort to me.........

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2013, 22:40:48 BST
Bearman says:
How about coq au vin, with buttery mash....mmmmm

Posted on 24 Sep 2013, 07:44:21 BST
pixie says:
how about buttery mash with....buttery mash!x

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Sep 2013, 09:05:37 BST
Bearman says:
Well you could always stir in some caramelised onions, crispy bacon bits, sweetcorn and peas, and then call it a balanced meal :-)

Posted on 24 Sep 2013, 12:01:13 BST
Some Oz acquaintances asked us over for lunch one day and gave us bread and butter pudding for dessert. DH didn't know whether to feel offended! For Spanish sensibilities, "bread pudding" isn't something you'd feed guests, you'd go buy ice cream or offer fancy cakes or pastries. I told him "It's because they consider us close friends." In reality, it's because they were cheapskates.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Sep 2013, 16:59:01 BST
Bearman says:
Did they scrimp on the raisins too?

Posted on 25 Sep 2013, 08:50:02 BST
They did, rather.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2013, 09:03:04 BST
Bearman says:
Bah humbug! I hate the idea of scrimping with guests - that's always my favourite excuse to go over the top with my recipes!

Posted on 25 Sep 2013, 09:16:30 BST
I am definitely a disciple of Brillat-Savarin, Bear. While I have guests I am responsible for their comfort. If you don't want to offer people something nice, don't ask them round for a meal! She could have asked us round just for coffee and cookies and saved a bundle.

Posted on 25 Sep 2013, 12:02:37 BST
Thought I'd pop in for a cup of tea and a biccie, say hello.

Hello!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2013, 12:20:56 BST
pixie says:
Hello me darling....how the jolly well are you? Where you been ....what you been up to and give us the news!x

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2013, 12:38:33 BST
I'm okay, thank you. I've just been around, living, sorting some things out (I hope). Not very exciting, I'm afraid, but not everything can be

How are you, Pixie?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2013, 12:42:04 BST
pixie says:
I'm good thanks Sam...you have been missed!

Hope your new house is well and truly "Home" now?

Still cooking and collecting books ( she says buried under a mound!)...new posters on here flagging them up and ain't I glad!

Posted on 25 Sep 2013, 12:55:14 BST
Thanks, Pixie. :-)

It is a home and I like that I can keep thinking about it and working away at it.

I heard on the news about a cookery book shortage and knew just what had happened. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2013, 12:59:56 BST
Bearman says:
Sam - if the cookery books are not enough to cause Pixie to implode, ask her about the Thermomix........

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2013, 13:02:15 BST
pixie says:
Well, if you have the time I know we'd all love to hear from you and hope you stick around....

When other's see your post they are sure to want to say Hi!....So check us out.

Glad you have settled in and hope the job is going well, difficult time for everyone but hopefully the climate will pick up soon, then everyone will be happier...

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2013, 13:03:15 BST
pixie says:
Right that's it! You are so for it now.......!!!! Fiend!x

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2013, 13:15:43 BST
Bearman says:
Ha ha ha - catch me if you can ....la la la

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2013, 13:27:01 BST
pixie says:
Stop skipping, especially in those underpants...very unbecoming!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (723 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  252
Initial post:  1 Nov 2012
Latest post:  23 Oct 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers