Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2015 08:33:16 BDT
Ooooo, dal--love it! Any way, every way! Spanish lentils with chorizo and bay leaf, or Musoor Dal, or whatever. Yummy!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2015 21:51:21 BDT
http://www.gluten-free-n-y-c.com/product-review-tolerant-foods-gluten-free-red-lentil-pasta/

Papar - wossname is just Pasta and I could not remember the other name but this one - this link might help - I'll look again for you tomorrow

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2015 21:27:04 BDT
Apparently you can buy pasta made from lentils and it is much better nutritionally, but tastes and looks like pasta....darned if I can remember what it,s called. Papar something, like pappardelle but different..lol.xxx

Posted on 27 Apr 2015 13:36:18 BDT
happy says:
The Dal Cookbook Ordered this lastnight. I was ordering some other bits and needed to go over ten pounds for the free UK postage, though it will cost me 5 euros to get it all delivered to here. I want to increase our lentil consumption, and the recipes I've got are scattered through a load of cookery books. Hoping if they are altogether I'll get inspired.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2015 13:41:27 BDT
Bought it!

Posted on 25 Apr 2015 15:35:24 BDT
Just bought sesame and spice, a Middle Eastern baking book, and Gino,s new Vegetarian offering, they both looked really promising and I can,t wait to have a baking session. I,ve started going to a craft group and sometimes we take cake, so now I have an appreciative audience for my culinary delights instead of the man who only eats fruit cake.xxx

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2015 23:52:56 BDT
Oh dear. How to get that one past Him With the Headphones?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2015 18:34:01 BDT
happy says:
Yes, it's got 300 fish recipes in the Ultimate version Ori.

Posted on 24 Apr 2015 18:12:22 BDT
I believe a disc - you can read on your computer - or else - an Audio Book for the Visually Impaired - it would make the person with that particular impairment - very effective in a Kitchen -
Nice thought Huh ?

Posted on 24 Apr 2015 17:38:21 BDT
I looked at the "Ultimate" and it says "All 5 formats"...what five? There's hard cover, paper, maybe Kindle...and what other??

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2015 17:37:16 BDT
Ah yes, they take "reduce, re-use, recycle" far too literally in the cooking publishing world these days. Are there recipes, or is it just reference?

Posted on 24 Apr 2015 16:27:58 BDT
happy says:
The Cook's Encyclopedia of Fish: The Definitive Guide to the Fish and Shellfish of the World (Mini-matt) This arrived today, only paid 1p for it. Bit disappointed as it's just an older version of this. The Ultimate Book of Fish and Shellfish which I already have.The book has 250 pages where as the Ultimate one has over 500 pages. So Ori, go for the bigger or the two books, it's got double the number of recipes (300), and at 1p well worth it. I've got another fish book coming next week, but I have a feeling it's just going to be more of the same, especially as they are all by the same person.

Posted on 21 Apr 2015 19:26:58 BDT
River Cottage Fruit Every Day! is also at a bargain basement price

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2015 19:54:51 BDT
Charlie says:
The Modern Pantrythis is at a bargain price now if anyone hasn't got a copy xx

Posted on 20 Apr 2015 19:09:58 BDT
pixie says:
Modern Jewish Cooking: Recipes & Customs for Todays Kitchen i really fancy this!

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2015 15:26:51 BDT
It would be nice to know what NOPI stands for. Yes, I know it's the name of the restaurant, but--Not Original, Prices Ixorbitant? National Old People's Iatery? Nearly Official Pie Institute?

Posted on 20 Apr 2015 15:11:09 BDT
New Ottolenghi coming this September

NOPI: The Cookbook

Posted on 5 Apr 2015 08:50:31 BDT
Let me know if there are any cooking tips and recipes, or if it's just a reference book, Happy.
Maybe we should send Bearman a copy, he's always fussing about European names for fish, LOL!

Posted on 4 Apr 2015 21:18:56 BDT
happy says:
The Cook's Encyclopedia of Fish: The Definitive Guide to the Fish and Shellfish of the World (Mini-matt)
just ordered this for 1p. What I'm looking for is a good definitive guide of fish.

Posted on 25 Mar 2015 04:36:34 GMT
One for grain lovers:

Grains As Mains

Great price on this one considering it has only just been released

Posted on 17 Mar 2015 20:56:08 GMT
M Inx says:
Oh how we laughed! And then poured another.....

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Mar 2015 20:39:08 GMT
She's too strait-laced to eat shoe polish!!

Posted on 17 Mar 2015 20:32:12 GMT
happy says:
I've told you before,don't eat the shoe polish.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Mar 2015 20:26:55 GMT
M Inx says:
Ha, I'm back only to find that you are all rascals! Aren't me and the wee people finding you all very funny this evening, nothing to do with the black stuff either to be sure....

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Mar 2015 16:41:17 GMT
Happy Saint Patricks Day to ALL
I bring you a question

What do you name an Irishman Suspended from the ceiling
Answer - Sean de Leere
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (713 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  7162
Initial post:  15 Jun 2012
Latest post:  2 Dec 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions