Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jul 2012 17:30:06 BDT
At his own risk. :-D

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jul 2012 19:00:28 BDT
It is an addiction pixie, I cannot remember my own name somedays but you bet I know my books, I,m a bit worried about all the new ones coming on the market at the moment and I don,t even want to try and resist buying them....ALL, but where the hell am I going to put them now? My nearest and dearest is getting seriously cross with me so I,m even starting to slip them quietly by him and hope he doesn,t notice. Trouble is books are starting to take over the madhouse and he,s not daft, I mean how do you explain this one away to a non book person? Xxxx

Posted on 20 Jul 2012 19:07:59 BDT
happy says:
What's your idea of a good cookery book?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jul 2012 19:08:53 BDT
Scarlet! Please! Don,t you know I,m a desperate housewife and the last time I came across that was to long ago to mention. Please don,to get me started again.xxx

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jul 2012 19:12:50 BDT
That,d be me and Pixie then, I bet we,ve got all his books, gullible fools that we are or just suckers for the smell of a newly minted recipe book. I,m just off to see my dealer.....

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jul 2012 20:23:54 BDT
pixie says:
Carole..we have! I do like alot of his food, it's easy and tasty and the ingredients are easy to get now that he is top dog..the supermarkets listen to him. I don't buy newspapers so i have no idea about his celeb status..I don't care either! All that malarky doesn't interest me..all I know is I cook his recipes and they are good.x

Posted on 21 Jul 2012 07:42:01 BDT
Maybe I was a bit harsh especially when I too have some of his books. In the grand scheme of things he's more likeable than Gordon Ramsey and Marco Pierre White. I can't abide chefs who shout and swear at people

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2012 08:08:31 BDT
pixie says:
I'm with you on that Mrs P..Gordon has such a gob on him! I can't stand to see the way he shouts at people, there is no need.
I had a boss like that once.
I remember a time, i worked on the shop floor and was in the office talking to someone about an order that was late. It was an open plan area and very quiet, he sat down and put his feet on the desk and proceeded to hold court. Someone in the paper had won alot of money and "The Boss" was saying what an idiot the person was because they had continued to work. He was asking the office staff their views and of course they were all in agreement with him. I kept my head down and didn't join in as we had a dodgy relationship anyway..( He banned me from the morning meetings because I didn't agree with him)..anyway he notices I was there and calls out across the room.." Hey! You what do you think..If you won alot of money bet you wouldn't come into work the next day would ya?"
" yes I would" i shouted back..his cue to make a show of me.
" hey listen everyone , she said she would come in..Nah you wouldn't, why would ya?"
" I would you know..just so I could tell you where to stick your job!" at that point I was at the door and could hear people laughing!
He was always shouting and bullying people, they were terrified of him and he was a big man.
So no I don't like Gordon..but he's recipes are good.
I like calm in the kitchen!

Posted on 21 Jul 2012 08:31:45 BDT
pixie says:
Limoncello and Linen Water Pre order...love her books.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2012 16:01:46 BDT
So many books that I would love to get. Thankfully I am trying to restrain myself and so far it seems to be working although I'll probably end up placing a large order

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2012 17:55:59 BDT
pixie says:
Mrs p... I think no more books then I see...

Biscuit put them on wish list..we'll see them cheaper somewhere...I'll tell you if you tell me..Lol!

Posted on 21 Jul 2012 19:43:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jul 2012 19:44:32 BDT
Mrs p, pixie and me, sounds like a film title.....yes, do let,s keep our eyes open for bargain books. Green metropolis, The Works, The Book People, Books for
Cooks, if they,re still around, Abe Books, they are all sources of addiction. We,ll keep each other posted shall we?

Posted on 22 Jul 2012 09:44:01 BDT
pixie says:
Marvellous Meals with Mince (Sainsbury Cookbook Series) Remember this..well I think it is being re published as a hard back..so search out your original copies!

Leon Family & Friends: Book 4 for the fans..anyone got the baking one? I would like to know what you think of it.

Susan Feniger's Street Food: Irresistibly Crispy, Creamy, Crunchy, Spicy, Sticky, Sweet Recipes I really like the look of this one but don't know the lady.

Posted on 22 Jul 2012 11:20:15 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jul 2012 11:21:50 BDT
Wikipedia is your friend Pixie. I haven't heard of her either but it looks like she's a pretty big name in the US

'Susan Feniger is an award-winning American chef, restaurateur, cookbook author, and radio and TV personality considered to be a leading authority on Latin cuisine in the United States.'

That book will have to come down in price a bit before it makes its way near my basket

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012 14:44:13 BDT
pixie says:
yeah I agree But give it a while and it will be a good price on "used" so I put it on my wish list til then...

Posted on 22 Jul 2012 14:47:28 BDT
I'd love to see how long your wishlist is. Have you ever considered hypnosis as a cure? :)

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012 14:58:31 BDT
pixie says:
Look into my eyes...you will see the reflection of a Mary Berry tray bake!

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012 20:06:53 BDT
Had the Leon books, gave them away, bit foolish of me I know but the recipes did not appeal to me at all. I loved the books themselves, the paper, writing style layout etc etc, but I was talking to my friends son andvgirlfriend who were really Into Leon and I found myself saying " oh! I,ve got a couple of books you can have" hey oh, it felt good at the time. Xxxx

Posted on 23 Jul 2012 08:17:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Jul 2012 08:17:12 BDT
Another Ina Garten book for you to add to your wishlist Pixie

Barefoot Contessa Family Style: Easy Ideas and Recipes That Make Everyone Feel Like Family

Posted on 23 Jul 2012 08:18:12 BDT
And how about a strange one to start the week with:

he Dead Celebrity Cookbook Presents Christmas in Tinseltown: Celebrity Recipes and Hollywood Memories from Six Feet Under the Mistletoe

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2012 08:36:34 BDT
Wouldn't it be twelve feet under the mistletoe?

Posted on 24 Jul 2012 13:18:06 BDT
Gordon Ramsey fans are going to be well catered for over the next few months

Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course
Gordon Ramsay 3 Star Chef
Gordon Ramsay's Sunday Lunch: 25 Simple Menus to Pamper Family and Friends
Gordon Ramsay's Home Cooking: Everything You Need to Know to Make Fabulous Food

Are you sure you couldn't have brought out another book Gordon?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 13:51:51 BDT
Frenchie says:
Pixie's wishlist is only 68 items long (as today's date) and 92% are cooking books.
One took my fancy, Cooking in Provence, especially one reviewer is saying that they are simple recipes in essence (I do not find french cooking that easy) but the book looks wonderful and I love the food from South of France. Oh, I am all nostalgic now, by just watching the wonderful picture of the sea , in the preview. Sniff, sniff...
put it on my wish list.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 14:01:06 BDT
pixie says:
Hi Mrs P!..got that oneb thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 14:08:08 BDT
pixie says:
I agree french...that is a lovely book, I just love french cooking...all things french really!
One of my fav authors is Patricia Wells....

Bistro Cooking: 21st Birthday Edition

Patricia Wells at Home in Prov: Recipes Inspired by Her Farmhouse in France

Salad as a Meal: Healthy Main-Dish Salads for Every Season She runs cookery classes in her town house in Paris..Rue jacob, Near to the little hotel we stay at in St Germaine....love it too, small and famly run and really good value for the left bank, simple and clean..no frills.
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 287 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (714 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
The All New What's For Dinner Thread!! 646 4 days ago
Where can I buy bilberries in the UK? 166 5 days ago
Where IS everybody? 13 11 days ago
Belling or Stoves 900 Dual Fuel Range Cooker? Help! 140 18 days ago
Help - home-pickled onions gone green :( 5 18 days ago
keeping Christmas Pudding 17 19 days ago
Kefir, anyone? 230 20 days ago
Fan assisted oven nightmare! PLEASE HELP! 290 22 days ago
Thermomix..... anyone else got one? 402 24 days ago
Non-stick servers 10 18 Jul 2016
Jelly. 1 13 Jul 2016
Christmas Cake 53 13 Jul 2016

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  7162
Initial post:  15 Jun 2012
Latest post:  2 Dec 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions