Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > baby discussion forum

Lightweight pushchair for holiday

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Jan 2012, 19:36:54 GMT
Hazelle says:
Hi,

I'm going on a long haul family holiday with my 10 month old daughter.

Does anyone recommend a good, lightweight bugger suitable for airtravel? it needs to recline flat and be relatively comfy as she may need to nap in it during the day and some evenings.

I've been looking at the Maclaren Techno XT, Maclaren Quest, Petite Star Zia and Baby Jogger City Mini , but can't decide which, if any, is best.

Thanks!

Posted on 8 Jan 2012, 21:10:44 GMT
Caz says:
we've got a obaby sport which lies flat and folds down nicely. It sometimes feels like the wheels are having a supermarket trolley moment and it is hard to steer. My advice is to put your daughter in the one's you're interested in and push her round the shop. They all steer really well with no load!

Posted on 8 Jan 2012, 23:48:42 GMT
Eeyoreworld says:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KOOCHI-HELIX-TRAVEL-SYSTEM-BLUE-/350520649864?pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item519ca8a888

I have just ordered the above travel system with 0+ car seat for travelling, at under £60 with a car seat, its a steal, also available in pink too. Have purchased sunshine kids carry cases / covers for both the car seat and buggy from amazon so that items can be carried in the hold and will be protected. At that price, even if they get wrecked after one use, it is cheaper than hiring a car seat and pram abroad.

Posted on 9 Jan 2012, 20:43:32 GMT
Annie Smith says:
I have the Petite Star Zia and it's absolutely amazing. Very comfortable (for mum to push and baby to sit in), incredibly light-weight and folds small. I'd recommend it any day and the price is amazing for the quality that you get. Two of my friends also have it and both recommended it to me.

Posted on 9 Jan 2012, 23:03:30 GMT
I have got a maclaren xlr and a zia, and the zia is far more practical. I love the xlr, its great, but its bulky compared to the zia, and not as easy to use. I would recommend the zia to anyone, we use ours every day.

Posted on 10 Jan 2012, 17:02:45 GMT
pinotblush78 says:
We have the Techno XT and are really pleased with it. We took our 6mth old on holiday and he seemed very comfortable in it. I also really liked the extra part on top that unzips to provide more coverage over the baby - suitable for keeping sun out of his eyes, (or rain if in UK!), but also helped to keep him asleep when napping as kept light out. Really recommend this one and use it at home a lot too!

Posted on 12 Jan 2012, 15:24:48 GMT
You can compare reviews of all of those lightweight pushchairs at www.which.co.uk/pushchairs - they have a category called holiday buggies which covers loads of them. And they have scores from their tests of them all.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jan 2012, 09:22:04 GMT
A. Westlake says:
Hi Hazelle,
I have bought the Zia Petit star and it is Fab!!! I really wanted the City Jogger as it has better hood coverage for a sun shield and feels slightly more robust but for over 2x price (plus extra for footmuff!) I could not justify the price. I already have a Silver Cross 3D for everyday use so wanted a small foldaway for fitting in my Ford Ka boot. The Zia folds soooo small and the wheels are all easily removable if necessary, eg travelling. It is very light so would not recommend if you intend hanging kilo's of shopping off but if used sensibly is more than adequate, although hang on well if its windy.
My baby girl is 4 months so still lies flat in buggy but her feet hang over the fixed ledge slightly but as she grows im sure this will be comfortable as her knees should bend at the correct point. (the foot/leg rest is fixed is what I'm getting at!) Only time will tell on this point.
The hood is a bit pathetic but you can buy a universal sun shade cover/ mosquito net which I quite fancy if the sun ever shines this year.
Best price for Zia is the black houndstooth design on Amazon, can't remember seller name tho. Sorry.
104 pounds including footmuff tho.
Hope this helps,
Angie. x

Posted on 2 Feb 2012, 14:22:57 GMT
Linda Martin says:
ZETA VOOOM - Black with Rain Cover

I can highly recommend this one, lies flat, lightweight, easy to push, good storage, and a very good price. Have been using this one for my son since he was about 4 months old.

Posted on 2 Feb 2012, 16:40:11 GMT
the nuna! best buggy i ever bought, got it on ebay second hand for 70 including footmuff raincover parasol ect and omg! its the best thing ever. Also it folds small emough to use as hand luggage incase you wanted to. used it back in september when my baby was 7 months old and he loved it

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2012, 21:51:11 GMT
Ravi says:
Please try Combi Travel system, i used it until my daughter was three and half years old and its amazing for its price. Brought it for less than 180 pounds (entire travel system) and its worth every penny. Only few website do this product but its a suprb buy. Its so lightweight that u can even wear it on your should on move. I am thinking of going for the same one for my second child. Its quite popular is US, one my auntie in US has suggested me.....Good luck

Posted on 7 Feb 2012, 22:28:45 GMT
I have the Baby Jogger City Micro...the smallest they do. Brilliant buggy and so easy to fold - just lift handle in the middle and it collapses. Good to do in rush when about to board a plane. Only disadvantage I've found its not great on rough terrain as wheels are small, so not great on sand or accross fields, otherwise highly recommended.

Posted on 11 Feb 2012, 12:35:31 GMT
Mig says:
I bought the Mothercare Nanu for occasional use when I have my baby grand-daughter. It was £50, includes an all-weather cover and bag, and is very lightweight. Has good reviews on the Mothercare website and I'd recommend it.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Feb 2012, 19:19:08 GMT
I have a Maclaren Quest I used it 2 years ago when my son was 2 to go to Portugal and am using it again in April for my 1 year old daughter to go to Majorca. It's fantastic. Hope you get one to suit.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Feb 2012, 11:32:52 GMT
LisaH says:
Hi

We bought an Obaby Atlas Plus Camper Van for exactly this purpose. It was such a hit with my daughter and a godsend on holiday that we use it most of the time now at home as well! I also invested in a Koodi Pack-It black out shade to put over it so she could sleep more easily and it was well worth it!! We could take her out with us in the evening and she slept through all the nopise in the bar, the shows in the theatre and then transferred straight to the cot later - a night out without the cost of a babysitter! Brilliant!

I have had no problems whatsoever with it.

We will probably use the same set up later this year on our cruise.

Lisa

Posted on 27 Feb 2012, 15:04:12 GMT
Have a maclaren techno xt. We've used it since our son was 3,5 months (he's now 2,5 years old) and we travel a lot! It's a great buggy for travelling, most airlines/airports will let you take it to the gate. But get a buggy bag for what ever buggy you get. Our maclaren has seen a lot of use and it still looks great, the buggy bag is another story, so can only imagine what my buggy would have looked like if we didn't have one. Also bring a baby carrier for the air journey. You never know where you get your buggy, and it makes life so much easier.

Posted on 3 Mar 2012, 18:24:37 GMT
Hauck sport 30 quid asda...folds down, can carry with one hand and great for bus journeys as it takes so little room. I had this problem too, however my daughter is 8 months now, not sure if suitable for newborn.

Posted on 13 Mar 2012, 06:01:24 GMT
Elise says:
We bought the Maclaren XT as a travel pushchair for our daughter when she was 4 months old. Although expensive this has been the best purchase we ever made as it is so lightweight and easy to use we ended up using this as the main pushchair once we got home. It reclines completely so is even suitable for newborns so wish we hadnt bothered with the expensive travel system pushchair. We used it for our 2nd child and would have used it again but have just had twins so needed something else entirely! A great pushchair.

Posted on 13 Mar 2012, 18:29:48 GMT
E. Shaw says:
Hi,

i know its not on your list above, but we have the Mamas & Papas Kato buggy. Got it half price, so it was a bargain! We bought in in Sept 2010 for a holiday abroad - my daughter was 4 months or so. And the buggy is still going strong for our now 23 month old. One of the only M&P lightweight buggies that lie flat so our daughter napped whilst on holiday in Portugal. It's really light, even for my mother in law who is in her 70s and couldnt manage anything heavy.

I checked Amazon and there's none on here so here's the link in case you're interested in exporing: http://mamasandpapas.co.uk/range/lightweight-buggystroller/5850/?cm_re=PushchairsAccessories-_-Pod3-_-Buggies/Strollers

Hope you find one you're happy with x

Posted on 20 Mar 2012, 13:11:56 GMT
my travelling pushchair is a 'combi dash'. Folds up very small and is so lightweight. My older children fight for it as well!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Mar 2012, 09:17:18 BST
Cosatto Bob Stroller (Ciao)My hubby bought Cosatto Bob Ciao here on Amazon. It reclines flat, folds down easily,is bright red - high visibility. I love wheeling it around on our trips, it's very light and it has got a 4 year guarantee into the bargain.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Mar 2012, 22:55:05 BST
Princess... says:
we use a travel system most of the time but its to big and bulky for some trips especially if it needs to be carried up stairs s we got a cheap koochie one. its great sits up and lays down for when the little one falls asleep on us folds up small to with a simple clip to hold it in place.

Posted on 1 Apr 2012, 14:18:07 BST
Babyjogger Mini 2011

As we flight quite often, I needed pushchair that is easy to fold and lightweight as well. I didn't want to go for 3 wheeler after bad experience with Quinny Buzz, but than i tried Babyjogger Mini 2011 model and wouldnt change in. It reclines flat, has hood that covers 90 degree and is so easy to manoeuvre with big shopping basket, the only disadvantage was the price, quite expensive, doesnt come with rain cover and accessories are also pricey, but i still love it and used it every day.

Posted on 7 Jun 2012, 13:30:41 BST
Rainmaker says:
Baby jogger city mini! It's amazing. Feels like a real pram but weighs the same as a flimsy folding pushchair. Lies flat, hood covers most of prams so is great as a sunshade and an emergency rain shield. The folding mechanism is brilliant. We used it on a number of flights and when there was a rush to board, we folded ours one handed and walked calmly past all the other parents who were fighting to fold theirs. I've even had people comment on it as we pack up the car! Can't recommend this enough. It is a bit more expensive but we bought this for a holiday and ended up using it full time as its far better than my m&p pliko.

Posted on 9 Jun 2012, 15:33:34 BST
Reviewer says:
Try Our ZETA Vooom, it won't let you down and it has everything you need from a stroller, is light, it has a large canopy style hood, raincover is included and is very comfortable for your child, the built quality is what we pride our product for so you can easily compare it with any brand and you will see than is much much better than the rest but read genuine reviews from 100'S of customers first, many thanks. Baby Travel TeamZETA VOOOM - Orange with Rain Cover
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the baby discussion forum (55 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  baby discussion forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  8 Jan 2012
Latest post:  9 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers