Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Learn more Fitbit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Feb 2008, 19:26:06 GMT
I missed this on tv but would like to show it to my class. They are 11 - 13 yr olds. Is it managable for them?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2008, 11:05:57 BST
Last edited by the author on 17 May 2008, 11:06:17 BST
Murasaki says:
My 14 year old watched it on television with us and loved it but then he is very keen on science, might be above some younger children's heads as can be a little technical if not interested. I think a summary version would be most suitable for you to show.

Posted on 4 Apr 2010, 10:09:06 BST
Perhaps too boring for 11 - 14s. Spectacular visuals, but lots and lots of Mr Stewart talking to camera and 'getting in the way'. Like a teacher! (I'm joking.) You constantly feel as if you want to look over his shoulder at the landscapes and not at his fancy anoraks / ice boots / walking boots. (Good for a sense of scale, though, sometimes.) A voiceover would have been just as good, most of the time, 'Life' style. Apologies to Iain for that.
Having said that, on a recent car journey I was able to show off / bore everyone by talking them through how the yearly levels of Arctic snow, separated by a line of brown 'melted' bits like the rings of a tree (unquote), go deeper ands deeper, and harder and harder, until they turn to solid ice, so something must be going in. Next stop, that planet Blu-Ray by the academic guy with nice teeth, designer jeans and a Northern accent.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  4 Feb 2008
Latest post:  4 Apr 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about