Customer reviews

Size: 9 UK|Colour: Navy Blue/Grey Velour|Change
Price:£12.70+ Free shipping

on 13 March 2017
I bought these slippers as they were a known brand. Mistake, they looked nice and fitted well. All fine so far, but after 4-5 days my heels started to become very uncomfortable. On removing the slipper and looking at my heel, i found four large lumps, it looked as if i had had suction cups attatched to my heels. Looking at the heel of the slipper i found that to save themselves some money the heel was hollow with just four thin strips of plastic/rubber, instead of being solid. The result being that my heel sank down inside the holes ! On the whole very shabby quality from this KNOWN BRAND shame on them.
on 4 August 2015
Disappointed ,these were only new in may of this year and have already come apart.The insole came out ,revealing how very thin it was,explaining the uncomfortable feeling under the heel.The molded sole being like a potato waffle being the source of this issue.The uppers have separated from the sole on both, only being glued together, did not give these slippers any durability to last any length of time,overall not a substantially good buy.
on 6 October 2011
I needed a pair of slippers for a couple of days in hospital. My poor old M&S corduroy ones had'nt done well, footbed decomposing, 'heelbox' colasped, and the uppers parting company where it met the moulded sole. In hospitial my corduroys would be looked down on in more ways than one.

The 'Famous Wiston' gave me most of the things I was looking for, price, look, ruggedness. Downsides, were that they wore warmer than my corduroys (does'nt breathe as well, but not sweaty)and the footbed is a bit flat, basic at at times can be difficult to slide your foot in because of the courseness of the bedding fabric.

The 'Famous Wiston' looks good. I have the black and grey livery and the contrast between the two colours is more suttle than in the photograph. I found that I was able to wear them out of doors without attracting too much attention, and even if I did attract attention I would'nt feel bad about them.

The construction is good too. The heelbox doesnt look as though it would collaspe after a few months, the fabric has a synthenic 'pile' texture, tuff and is easy to clean.

The sole is a good one, giving good traction (not too slippery on polished floors) and the sole doesnt look as though it would part company from the upper, either because of de-lamination or cut-through at the join.

All in all The Famous Wiston is a good buy for me. Footbed needs improvement, but otherwise an OK slipper.
............................................ooooooo 0 ooooooo..........................................

The above was in October 2011. Its now December 2012.

The slipper has worn well. I have worn it almost every day, all day (as I work from home) since it was delivered in October 2011.
I've had to add a leather inner sole to enable slipping in and out of them easier as the standard coarse footbed was proving difficult even after a few months of wear. The soles show little signs of wear and the fabric construction still looks good after a brushup and has stayed relatively rigid in the right places eg the heel back. I have worn a 15mm toe hole in the fabric over the righthand big toe, but I regard this as fair wear and tear. I am still of the opinion that the Dunlop Winston is a good buy and I would buy it again when the time came.
on 12 May 2017
My partner has trouble with his feet and has never found a pair of slippers before which are comfortable and a perfect fit really pleased with them going to get another pair when needed
on 18 July 2017
I honestly buy these every year for Fathers day and for my father in laws birthday because there honestly extremely confortable and are quite long lasting! Lovely Customer Service, thank you!xx
on 4 July 2017
very nice quality slippers. look very smart, good colours. good price. good strong soles. pressie for someone. well pleased. Dunlop are good, I also have their wellies.
on 29 May 2017
Quite comfortable to begin with, but within 16 months both heels have worn through and fell apart.
I am an elderly man and not particularly swift (I don't shuffle)
Expected better than this!
on 7 April 2017
Initially very happy. good fit, warm. However after a few months the sole got loose and had to glue it back. After 4-5 months they had become too sweaty and I had to throw them away as my wife started to complain she could smell them a distance away (and so could I).
on 8 November 2013
Bought these for my partner as our 5 month girl has destroyed his other pair with a decent amount of vomit and no amount of scrubbing seemed to revive them. Very sturdy soles which if you don't have carpet and have laminate or wooden or stone floors then the thickness will help negate cold winter feet. They are a nice fit and they look smart.
on 19 June 2017
The best pair of slippers I have ever bought - correction, this is the second pair that I have bought!