10 x 11 Watt (60 Watt equivalent light output) Philips Low Energy Saver Saving Light Bulbs Bayonet Cap BC.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- These bulbs are the newest generation and use the most modern designs. You may have used cheap, unbranded or previous generation compact fluorescent bulbs and been disappointed by their size, brightness, light quality or value. But please don't think these are the same. They are not - they are much better!
- Their average lifespan is 6,000 hours (typically 6 years use). Normal incandescent light bulbs have a lifespan of only 1,000 hours (typically one years use).
- Because of their long life, bulb changes are far less frequent. This can be a big advantage for difficult to reach lights, such as those in rooms with high ceilings or above staircases.
- They generate 70% less heat than normal bulbs and their operating temperature is much lower. Typically the glass temperature will be about 40°C, compared to 150°C for a normal bulb. Hence light fittings, light shades and adjacent walls and ceilings remain cooler, and this can reduce the damage and discolouration due to heat.
- By replacing every light fitting in the home with a low-energy bulb, the average family could save up to £240 per year." [Energy Saving Trust]
They are A-rated for energy efficiency, having the best possible EU Energy Efficiency Rating. They use only 20% of the electricity consumed by a conventional incandescent bulb. This is just 11 watts, but with a light output equivalent to 60 watts. They also last 6 times as long!