on 1 January 2003
This may sound odd but I'm not actually a dance music fan, more of an indie kid (well, indie dad as I'm 33 now !), but having seen TOTP2 music creation package in action and all of the positive reviews for Dance eJay 4 I decided to give my creative side a spin.
First thing to say is that for...[the price]...this product is an absolute bargain.
Getting started and creating a simple piece of music is an absolute breeze. On loading Dance eJjay 5 you are presented with a 48 track arranger onto which you can drop various samples, e.g.beats, bass, guitar, male vocal, female vocal, and much more. You can also import your own sounds (MP3 or WAV) and get samples from the eJay online sound archive. Once you are satisfied with your tune it can be played within Dance eJay 5, or if you feel ready to unleash it on the world, you can export it in WAV format and then burn it onto a CD ready to play in public.
As you become more proficient with the product (not me at this point I hasten to add) there are various other functions, including a voice generator, allowing you to create your own samples. You can also grab a complete song from your CD collection and place it on the arranger ready to 'ruin' it with a few additional drum beats !
There is also a 3D VJ Box allowing you to create visuals for your mix, although this doesn't particularly appeal to me at the moment.
Judging by the 30 page booklet supplied with the product there's plenty more exploring and experimenting to be done within Dance eJay 5 (well, I've only had the product since Christmas and have only created one potential number one hit).
Buy and enjoy.
on 7 June 2003
After installing the software and browsing the features, I thought Wow! I quickly and easily got into it and was very pleased with my first attempt. Unfortunately it's two weeks since my purchase and I still don't have a mix. With Windows XP,the program constantly crashes and is riddled with Bugs. It's a little annoying to see 5 hours work lost. Don't take my word for it, check the Ejay Forum on their webpage.
on 12 November 2003
The 5th of the Dance eJay series, and IMHO, by far the best. I always loved the music played in Ibiza, and I wanted to make those kind of songs. But Dance eJay 1-4 never cut it for me. Now, with many trance samples, it is absolutely perfect. With so many tools incorporated into the program, you can so easily make top trance tunes with it. Want to see what you can do with it. There aren't any MP3s on the site yet, but I will get round to posting some, so that you can see what the program can do.
Overall, this is an excellent product, well recommended! eJay have done it again!
on 17 May 2003
my advice to you is if you like this style of music and fancy yourself a creater, BUY IT! It is quite fantastic, with the FX Studio, which can modify any of the samples, the Vocoder, great new effect, the 1000's of samples available, and as always with eJay, so easy to use. Just one thing to watch out for- the RAM needs to be +160MB, if not it doesn't work... as I found out until I got a 512MB RAM computer!
But, this aside, GET IT NOW! You won't regret it!
on 13 January 2004
i bought dance 6, but that was so riddled with problems i got rid of it and bought dance 5. again - total disappointment. real shame - cos i've got the early ejay programmes which are excellent - utterly intuitive, simple and ultimately great fun. (unreservedly recommend dance 2+, dance 3 and especially, techno 2 - they may seem initially quite dated, but are still powerful tools for creating some mad mad tunes). but it is absolutely no fun having a package that constantly crashes, strobes and stutters.
due to the great impression that the initial ejay packages made - i will keep on trying to get this programme to work. hopefully i will be back on amazon giving this package a glowing report and 5 stars. but i post this to warm potential users - this programme does have its problems
on 7 October 2012
When I got this for Christmas I was totally over the moon!! I used it for a couple of weeks, then got bored. Almost a year later, i came back to it. I opened a mix, but all it did was just zoom forwards so I couldn't Listen, let alone edit any of the tracks. I opened and closed the window multiple times and it still did just that, TOTAL waste of money!!
on 20 March 2011
Dance eJay 5, and I expect the whole eJay range, is just toy music production software. It does nothing more than allow you to drag and drop ready made loops and samples onto a piano scroll, thus enabling you to piece together music jigsaw style. Even if you do manage to create something listenable, all the samples are copyrighted so only you can listen to it. To be fair I guess that is all you can expect for the price, but even if you are looking for something just for fun I would still recommend paying a little extra to get something more capable and flexible. This toy software gets boring after about 5 minutes.
on 4 May 2003
Had great fun playing around in the recording studio and with all the different special fx that were available. This is a must for anywone who wants to create funky dance tunes in a short space of time.
It's very simple to use once you get the hang of it, even for very young users like myself, but you do need to read the instructions quite carefully before starting.
on 21 November 2005
I first tried the demo of dance 4 from a cereal packet, and thought it was great. I got dance 5 for my b'day, tried it and thought....THIS IS BRILLIANT! There are so many things you can do on it! There are much better samples on than before, and you can use generators to completely change your music. What's more, you can even get bits of music off your fave CD's, and make cool visualisations to go with your track.
So I say if your a person who wants to become a DJ and make your own songs, get dance 5. A definite pleasure!
on 12 March 2013
Good music producing software that enables you to produce tunes that will rock the dancefloor! One real must have for a producer!