- Audio CD (2 Feb. 2001)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: WARNER BROS
- ASIN: B0000638W1
- Other Editions: Audio CD | MP3 Download
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (76 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 36,453 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
The Spirit Room [Int'L-Not Enh.]
|Price:||£8.75 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|Listen Now with Amazon Music|
The Spirit Room (U.S. Version)
|Amazon Music Unlimited|
|New from||Used from|
AutoRip is available only for eligible CDs and vinyl sold by Amazon EU Sarl (but does not apply to gift orders or PrimeNow orders). See Terms and Conditions for full details, including costs which may apply for the MP3 version in case of order returns or cancellations.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"So I'm a little left of centre, I'm a little out of tune", sings Michelle Branch on The Spirit Room's second number "You Get Me" ...well, maybe. Branch offers a well-produced pastiche of chiming and strumming guitars, hip-hop-lite beats, quiet-verse-to-louder-chorus templates, and positive thinking. At her best--"If She Only Knew", a propulsive love note to an ex--she rivals the likes of Sixpence None the Richer as likable radio-aimed fare. Catchy and self-expressive while breaking absolutely no ground, Branch also echoes everyone from label-mate Alanis Morissette to the solo Belinda Carlisle. She dies just a little in this crazy mixed-up world, escapes to her secret garden for sunshine in the pouring rain, and ultimately finds her reflection getting clearer. The Spirit Room could be the next bit of pop philosophy to dazzle mainstream audiences. --Rickey Wright
Top Customer Reviews
A few months ago I heard 'Everywhere' and I thought "This is allright, i dont find it annoying strangely enough."
Then she appeared on Buffy playing 'Goodbye to You', I thought that was OK as well, I've heard worse from American Teenagers.
I Heard 'All you wanted' on MTV and Radio and the song stuck in my head, I found myself singing it to myself when i was bored. I started to like the song, then i Loved the song, but i couldnt explain why, I Heard 'Everywhere' and 'Goodbye to you' again and this time i Loved them too, no logic too it, so eventually I caved in and got the Album.
The album for me was like the singles, I wasn't overly keen on them at first but it gets better everytime i hear it and it grows on you.
Michelle Branch has earnt her place between Lost Prophets and Nickelback on My Rack
1. Everywhere - first single from the album and a wise choice the mellow guitar at the start is contrasted with the overdrive of the middle, this song is on the american pie 2 soundtrack and generally rules
2. You Get Me - great song, one of my favourites Michelle's writing knocks you back on a number of tracks and this is one of them
3. All You Wanted - Another great from this album and the second single. This has a really catchy chorus and for a guitarist like myself a nice song to play
4. You Set Me Free - not a great but a damned decent song, good tune to the verse.
5. Something To Sleep To - A nice slow one, good lyrics
6. Here With Me - My favourite from the album, a sort of hip-hop beat makes it stand out and great lyrics just round it off as a great song
7. Sweet misery - Another good one again slower with a lot of feeling and a haunting chorus.
8. If She Only Knew - great guitar for this song a sort of country feel along with catchy lyrics another great.
9. I'd Rather Be In Love - a decent song with good guitar not a great but they can't all be.
10. Goodbye To You - I love this song, after hearing this on Buffy i couldn't help but adore it. The best slow song and so full of feeling it just generally wants to make you cry.
11. Drop In The Ocean - Another slow one to finish the album, difficult to like it as much as it follows Goodbye To You and doesn't quite match up (a difficult task)
An amazing debut from a talented artist, her writing or her amazing voice never fails her and any fan of acoustic rock should love this
The album kickstarts with the excellent 'Everywhere'; a mixture of sweet lyrics and a cool sound. (I'd give it 10/10)
'All You Wanted' is one of the highlights for me. It is styled like evrywhere but is even more catchy. Emotional lyrics mixed with Michelle's excellent vocals has made this song my favourite for over two months now. (11/10)
'If Only She Knew' is the next highlight as an upbeat guitar-driven pop/rock combo. The only thing I can say is it kicks butt! (10/10)
The best of the slower songs on the album has to be the excellent emotive 'Goodbye To You'. Soulful lyrics show you that Michelle is writing from the bottom of her heart in the most beautiful way. If you don't like this song then their has to be something wrong with you. (10/10)
My hope for Michelle is that she gets the recognition she deserves as the best new singer/songwriter either side of the atlantic.
She has fast become one of my favourite artists. My other favs that you might wanna check out are Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morissette, No Doubt, Letters To Cleo, K's Choice and the Sugababes.
Thanks for reading and I hope my review helped you in making your decision.
I decided to put my faith in one song and buy the album, something that does not always pay off. This time i was rewarded with a fantastic album, where EVERY song is as good as every other.
Its hard to think who to compare Michelle with, but i listen to Jewel and Dido, so if you like them you may very well like Michelle Branch.
I cannot recommend this album enough, buy it, you will not be disappointed!
1. Everywhere- One of my favourite songs of all time, this is the song that made me buy the album. Stunning.
2. You get me- This tracks words are very memorable. A lovely, flowing tune.
3. All you Wanted- This one definetly grew on me, a great mixture of rock and pop.
4. You Set Me Free- One of my favourites, catchy and very 'hummable' -if that's a word.
5. Something To Sleep To- Not one of my favourites, but it's still original and easy to relate to.
6. Here With Me- An excellent tune that's very powerful, another of my favourites.
7. Sweet Misery- A melancholy but very beautiful song. Easily gets stuck in your head.
8. If Only She Knew- Not one of my favourites, but satisfying to listen to. A sweet song.
9. I'd Rather Be In Love- Another track that grew on me. An exquisite tune that I love.
10. Goodbye To You- Michelle's voice shines through on this stunning and original track.
11. Drop In The Ocean- Not as catchy as the others, but beautiful and peaceful to listen to.
Michelle writes her own unique songs and sings brilliantly, she also plays the guitar in them. I love this album. Excellent all over!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love her voice, 1st heard her on Buffy and had been looking for the songPublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
When I discovered Vanessa Carlton, people I mentioned it to quickly became an advert for Michelle Branch. Read morePublished on 11 Jan. 2015 by Mr. Iain R. Wear
My favorite track is goodbye to you which other reviews have said features in buffy but it also features in charmed series 5 highly recommendPublished on 11 April 2014 by kittyflies