- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Blue Exorcist: The Movie [Blu-ray]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Atsushi Takahashi directs this anime featuring the voice talents of Nobuhiko Okamoto, Jun Fukuyama and Kana Hanazawa. With preparations for the festival in full flow at True Cross Academy a suspicious demon-like creature called Usamaro (voice of Rie Kugimiya) appears. When strange and mysterious things start to happen around the Academy, it's left up to Rin (Okamoto) and the other exorcists to put a stop to it and banish Usamaro once and for all.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Thus Rin is helping out his twin brother Yukio on an exorcism when things take a turn for the worse, and whilst attempting to salvage the mission they come upon a strange boy, Usamaro, and the mysteries of the past and present begin to be unravelled.
If you enjoyed the series you will also enjoy this movie, which to me feels more like three or four episodes strung together as it still has the same feel as the series, which is a good thing. Too often a movie from a series fails to capture the essence of the original, and I am glad to say in this case the movie continues to keep up with the standards set by the series.
There is still the same message that just because you are born some way, it does not define who you are and whether you are good or evil. Which for me was one of the things that set the series apart from others.
It also brings in the question about how memories are important and help define who you are, even if they are bad memories.
The pacing is good, as well as the jokes and tender moments, and the soundtrack is excellent (it kept reminding me of the style heard in Angel Beats).
If you have not seen the series then perhaps you will not enjoy this movie quite as much as it does not go into the back history of Rin or the other characters previously seen, but if you have seen the series and you enjoyed it, you should also like this as well.
The collectors addition was a brilliant buy. The art that comes with it is beautifully. The slipcover is great for those who are collectors.