- Also check our best rated Wii U Game reviews
Sports Connection (Nintendo Wii U)
Find the latest releases and bundle offers on Nintendo Wii U.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: Nintendo Wii U
- BBFC Rating:
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
First Multi-sports game for Wii U featuring the most popular sports worldwide; in a genre known for selling exceptionally well during the launch of a new console.
Sports Connection is a fun new way to connect with family and friends and play the most popular sports from a new perspective. Sports Connection is being developed specifically for Nintendo’s Wii U system to take full advantage of Nintendo’s New Controller. Play solo, team up in co-op to experience new gameplay possibilities, or compete in multiplayer to take full advantage of Nintendo’s New Controller.
- Play six of the most popular sports
- Soccer, Football, Baseball, Tennis, Golf, and Karting
- Touch controls
- Use the New Controller to control a blitz in football to sack the quarterback or score a curled free kick in soccer!
- Play with Wii MotionPlus using real sports gestures!
- Swing with precision in golf or hit a home run in baseball.
- Play both on your TV and New Controller
- Drive your kart to victory competing with up to five players (four split screens on your TV + the New Controller), or play solo switching anytime between the New Controller and TV!
- Get inside the action
- Use the New Controller as a frame to scan and analyze the field to give insightful advice as a caddie in golf.
- Play fun mini-games
- Try the Serving Machine Challenge in tennis and hit balls quickly as you challenge your friends.
- Connect with friends
- Create teams, get rewards, accept challenges and share scores on the worldwide leaderboard.
Top customer reviews
the grass. Couldn't quit with resetting the machine.
Game play was awful.
Have since bought the wii version.
Perhaps the manufacturer will eventually update the software so that I don'f feel cheated!
Tennis is laboured and awkward. I gave up there. I will come back and update this as I play other games.
This is the first bad review I have ever given. Just want to stop people paying out money for this. If I could have given it no stars I would!
Sports Connection seems very familiar at first, despite the introduction of Nintendo's Gamepad screen. There are a wide range of games on offer from Tennis to Golf and even Kart Racing, but it isn't long before you realise that something important is missing.
For a start, your Mii is nowhere to be found, replaced by a generic slightly alterable character to represent you. Secondly, the games feel as if they've had most of the joy sucked out of them.
Tennis and Golf are ok, the controls aren't bad, particularly the swipe controls on Tennis using the Gamepad (you have the option to use this or the standard Wii Remote) and Golf can be pretty enjoyable at times. Baseball, though, is a bit of a faff and involves catching the ball with your Gamepad being used as a glove. The issue with this is that it's just not fast enough or easy enough to do.
(American) Football and Soccer are pretty bad, control-wise, too, which leaves Karting, which is fun with a group of friends but ultimately a shallow experience when compared to a stand alone Kart racer.
The graphics throughout are basic and sometimes a tad glitchy, too. They're not the worst I've seen but certainly not fitting for something as powerful as the Wii U.
With Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort still working perfectly fine on the Wii U, there really isn't the need for another sports compilation that can't offer anything new and Sports Connection doesn't try hard enough to even get close to these last-gen games.
She has rated it only two stars due the poor graphics, no originality - similar but not as good as wii sports. You cannot create your own characters to play the games. On the plus side, there may be parts of the game not seen yet. I will update if she changes her mind.