- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Camera Body - Black
|Price:||£689.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£210.99 (23%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Overall score: 81%
See review summary and sample images
What is DPReview and its awards?
Digital Photography Review is the most popular dedicated enthusiast digital photography site on the Internet. Our authoritative reviews have earned us the trust of photographers and camera buyers all over the world, for more than 15 years.
Gold and Silver Awards are given to products that deserve special recognition based on how well they perform relative to their competitors at the time of review.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- World's most powerful 5-axis image stabilisation system for stills and video
- Highly portable, lightweight, compact and premium design with dust-, splash- and freezeproof housing for shooting outdoors in rough conditions
- OM-D Movie Mode for 1080 Full HD 60p video with flexible frame rates, incl. classic 24p, for atmospheric, cinema-like movie recording
- 3" vari-angle touchscreen and large bright electronic viewfinder
- Spectacular 40 Megapixel composite still shot capability for capturing amazing details
Pay Monthly - Monthly payment options may be available on eligible orders of items sold by Amazon totalling £400 or more. Finance provided by Hitachi Personal Finance. Interest will be payable. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Review summary from DPReview
“ The E-M5 II is probably the stand-out Micro Four Thirds camera in a market with some very good rivals. This shifts more of the emphasis of its appeal and appropriateness to the strength of the Micro Four Thirds system as a whole: if it offers the lenses and size/price/image quality balance that's right for you, then the E-M5 II should be top of your list. ”
Sample images from DPReview
Sample images for Olympus OM-D E-M5 II
Colour: black | Style: Body Only
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Camera Body - Black.
OLYMPUS OM-D E-M5 body (black)
BLN-1 Li-ion rechargeable battery
BCN-1 Li-ion battery charger
Olympus Viewer 3 software(CD-ROM)
From the Manufacturer
E-M5 Mark II
You are free
Featuring the world’s most powerful 5-axis image stabilisation (IS) system*, the E-M5 Mark II is a revolution in clear photo-taking or film-making. Leave the bulky tripod or external camera stabiliser at home. This newest OM-D camera is packed with all the features you need to capture amazingly sharp images in low light and smooth handheld movies while moving. (*According to CIPA Standard: +5EV Steps. As of December 2014.)
Sharp images in low light
OLYMPUS 5-axis image stabilisation (IS) has the power to accurately prevent blurring – for low-light shooting, like indoors or at night without a tripod. It effectively compensates for every kind of camera shake – covering vertical angle rotation, horizontal angle rotation, vertical shift, horizontal shift and rolling camera movement – to deliver amazing images.
Smooth movies on the go
This powerful 5-axis IS system also allows for handheld freestyle filming without the need for an additional external camera stabiliser. So you can closely follow the action, get right up to the subject and film from fascinating angles – while walking – and record clear, sharp movies at the same time.
- Full-proof portability
- OM-D Movie filming
- Clear-view EVF
- Vari-angle LCD
- 40M High Res Shot
- Easy Wi-Fi capability
- Various lens options
The E-M5 Mark II not only weighs just 417g, it also boasts a robust splash/dust/freeze-proof construction. So you are free to capture creative photos or movies whenever you like. Its compact size lets you be discreet, which is essential for capturing authentic scenes.
OM-D Movie filming
Free yourself from the cumbersome external camera stabiliser normally needed for recording smooth movies while following the action. The E-M5 Mark II features the world’s most powerful 5-axis image stabilisation (IS)*, which is all you need for hand-held filming in action – and thrilling results. (*According to CIPA Standard: +5EV Steps. As of December 2014.)
Clear-view EVF and vari-angle LCD
Get a crystal-clear view of the action. Rotate the 360°-tilting LCD in any direction to capture unusual perspectives. Or use the EVF: it lets you instantly see the results of your creative settings before you ever shoot. Not only is its brightness also automatically adjusted for easy-on-the-eye shooting – the camera’s built-in eye sensor automatically knows when you switch from using the LCD to the EVF.
40M High Res Shot images
When it comes to capturing fine details, a higher resolution generates super-high-quality images. That’s why the E-M5 Mark II comes with new 40M High Res Shot, which lets you boost your resolution to an outstanding 40 megapixels – or even 63.7 mexapixels in the RAW format. It captures eight shots sequentially and then combines them into one, making it ideal for photographing works of art, architecture or more.
Easy Wi-Fi capability
Take control of your photography – without touching the camera. The E-M5 Mark II’s built-in Wi-Fi lets you adjust aperture, shutter speeds and other settings wirelessly. With OI.Share on your phone, you can also instantly transfer your photos to your smartphone and then share your great shots immediately on your social network sites.
Various lens options
A host of compact lenses to set you free: over 40 to choose from for the E-M5 Mark II, within the OLYMPUS Micro Four Thirds (MFT) lens system. This MFT lens system is perfect for your creative photography – from telephoto to wide angle to macro shots. Their high quality leverages the OM-D’s advanced technology to deliver clear photos or movies.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Reasons to buy (in order of importance to me):
1) The image stabilisation is so good it's almost unreal in its ability to return stabilised images. Absolutely mad-bonkers good. Now, sharp hand-held shots at 1/15th of a second are no big deal, even with a 30mm (60mm SLR equivalent) lens. Sharp longer exposures are even possible, with a combination of care and luck. My slowest hit & miss speed being about 1/6th of a second, where I'm probably sharp around 30%-50% of the time at that speed with a 30mm lens. There's a funky mechanical & digital-cropping combo you can use for video, which allows you to walk and even run while the camera does a remarkable job of sorting out the shaking. Nobody does it better.
2) Weather-proofing. The camera is rated as resistant to dust, wet and cold, so with a weather-proofed lens, there's no need to panic about getting your pride and joy wet.
3) Build quality. It's beautifully made from quality materials and is a real pleasure to use. It's very well made and coming from my somewhat plasticky (though much loved) Panasonic G6, the gulf in build quality between the two is apparent.
4) No anti-alias filter, so pictures are extra sharp when pixel-peeping. This is something I thought was going to be a big deal for me, and it is nice, but it's less of a boon than I thought it might be. That said, it's still a plus for this camera to me.
5) Side-positioned memory card slot. No faffing around when you've got it locked onto a tripod.Read more ›
The first thing you notice is the size. The body is about the size of a prosumer compact, but of course there's the lens too. The overall package is slightly smaller than a typical SLR, and with the standard 12-50mm lens I fit this into a Lowerpro AW 45 case Lowepro Toploader Zoom 45 AW II Camera Bag - Black. I've been using this case clipped on to a waistpack belt for hiking and also bought a standard equipment belt as an option Dwcx Nylon Adjustable Camera Waist Photography Belt For Lens Bag Case Holder Bottle buckle And Accessories Bag Pack Strap. The overall weight is acceptable and that makes access easy, without needing a strap around your neck.
The camera doesn't come with detailed instructions, just a quick start guide. The most basic operations are relatively intuitive, but as soon as you want to change anything you really need the full guide. I found that on the American Olympus site, but it may be on the UK one now.Read more ›
Have read complaints that the two control wheels can be moved easily when taking it in and out of bag but can't understand the problem as when the cameras powered off no settings are effected by the wheels turning, the control wheels on my G7 are just as easy to turn.
What I was surprised about is although I bought direct from Amazon this is not a UK model the Box had been opened and a UK power lead put in along with the original EU power lead.
Had originally given this 5 stars but after 1 month the EVF has developed a fault white areas have appeared in the EVF they do not appear on the rear screen or on the saved image but still not happy. Checked on DPreview and this seems to affect some copies of the E-M5 II and some copies of the E-M 1 suffered from this as well. The cause seems to be when the following happens
1) The DIOPTER is set high on the "+" setting providing magnification to the view finder image.
2) Sunlight entering the view finder from the rear of the camera.
It appears, that either a "film" or some glue utilized within the EVF reacts to the magnified sunlight entering the EVF from the rear.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The E-M5ii has a lot of features that just don't exist in many other cameras. Read more
I'm a bit of a camera geek - I love trying new brands / formats etc. I currently have a full frame Canon 5d MK3, a Sony A7, A Canon 70D (mainly for astrophotography) and a... Read morePublished 5 months ago by M P Cook
Just love this camera. Great results from a well made, stylish and versatile camera. Moving up from a Canon Bridge camera you might think I'm just easy to please but I thought long... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Skypilot
It's a great little camera with several new features wrt to the E-M5 mkI (which I also have). So far, I've enjoyed using the live time and multiple exposure features, and I've... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Christa
the best camera i ever had , sold all my big nikon and lenses , micro third is the way to go , and top movie making as well ....Published 7 months ago by paviet
Changed from full frame Canon 6D to OMD ii - have to say so far I really love the camera, its well built and solid but light and small, the only physical element to get used to is... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Winnola
So I've been using this a lot over the summer months, taking literally thousands of shots. I feel really comfortable with it now and I'm getting some superb results. Read more