- Actors: Samuel L. Jackson, Jim Stewart, Estelle Axton, Deanie Parker, Rufus Thomas
- Directors: Morgan Neville, Robert Gordon
- Writers: Morgan Neville, Robert Gordon, Mark Crosby
- Producers: Bob Sarles, Cara Cosentino, David Horn
- Format: DVD-Video, PAL
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 - 1.33:1
- Number of discs: 2
- Classification: Exempt
- Studio: Universal
- DVD Release Date: 17 Sept. 2007
- Run Time: 230 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (17 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B000TJMOTC
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 40,329 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Stax: Respect Yourself/The Stax-Volt Revue Tour 1967 [DVD]
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Double DVD set celebrating Stax records, the soul label that defined the 'Memphis Sound' in the late 1960s and early 70s. 'Respect Yourself: The Stax Records Story' (2007) is a documentary about the label, which produced a catalogue of Top 100 records including such soul classics as 'Soul Man', '(Sittin On) the Dock of the Bay', 'Green Onions', 'Midnight Hour', 'I'll Take You There', 'Respect Yourself', 'Theme from Shaft' and many more. Stax also launched the careers of a who's who of soul music greats: Otis Redding, Sam & Dave, The Staple Singers, Isaac Hayes, Eddie Floyd, Carla and Rufus Thomas, Albert King and Booker T and the MGs, to name just a few. 'Stax-Volt Revue: Live in Norway 1967' is a film of the historic concert considered by many soul music fans to be one of the greatest line-ups of artists ever to grace the concert stage. It took place on April 7 1967 in Oslo, Norway and includes performances by Otis Redding, Sam & Dave, Eddie Floyd, Arthur Conley, The Mar-Keys and Booker T and the MGs.
This two disc set features the Stax Records soul titles "Respect Yourself - The Stax Records Story" and "The Stax-Volt Revue Tour 1967". The former documents the legendary record label while the latter is a live concert captured in Norway.
Top customer reviews
The live performances on the Stax Volt Revue tour are classic soul at its best Booker T & the MGS with the Markeys sooooo tight!
If classic soul is your thing, purchasing this DVD is a no brainer, just buy it.