- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Collins; First edition edition (16 Aug. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0007462913
- ISBN-13: 978-0007462919
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.3 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (42 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 12,265 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Work on your Accent (Collins Work on Your...) Paperback – 16 Aug 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
‘This splendid book is extremely user-friendly, and one I would strongly recommend as a supplement to speaking courses everywhere.’
Wayne Trotman, EL Gazette, December 2012
Clearer pronunciation for better communication.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
British English (RP) accent as it's spoken by young educated people. Not too posh, not too fake, not too upper crust. I'd recommend this book to everyone (native or foreign) who wants to master the RP clearly without the need to waste hundreds of pounds on private elocution classes. It worked for me and people around me could really notice my fast improvement.
I`m doing a pronunciation course in London and the teachers were recommending this. By far the best book that came across.
I recommend this book all the time and I have seen how well it works when students apply themselves to the work. The dvd is great too.
I also like the tips given depending on the reader's mother language.
Overall I would recommend it to any advanced learner of English as a foreign language.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book really helped me to improve my english accent from typical asian to a more polished one (although not entirely british yet). Read morePublished 21 days ago by Rakesh
Very educational for everyone wishes to improve their accent with the correct pronunciation.Published 21 days ago by lorenzo
This method is excellent for improving your English pronunciation. I have been living in th UK for 6 years and I have discovered the many mistakes I was still doing after so much... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Leo Laubier
Best book to train British Standard English: Easy to understand and with a lot of exercises and videos. Definitely happy with it. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Lucia SV
Very very helpful book both for students & teacher. As a TESOL teacher, I'm delighted with this book. Read morePublished 8 months ago by P.J Merseyside
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching Aids & Educational Material
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Teacher Training
- Books > Languages > English as a Foreign Language > English For Specific Purposes > Travel & Communications
- Books > Languages > English as a Foreign Language > Speaking & Pronunciation
- Books > School Books
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Phonetics & Phonics