- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Thorsons (1 Dec. 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0722534973
- ISBN-13: 978-0722534977
- Product Dimensions: 19.5 x 12.9 x 1.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,916,337 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
What the Label Doesn't Tell You Paperback – 1 Dec 1997
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
WORRIED ABOUT FOOD SCARES?…CONFUSED ABOUT WHICH FOODS ARE SAFE?… UNSURE WHO TO TRUST?…
If you are confused by media scare stories and want to know the real facts behind the food industry’s marketing hype, then this is the book for you.
'What the Label Doesn’t Tell You' is a book for all consumer watchdogs and all those interested in making good food choices. It uncovers the food industry’s tricks of the trade and decodes mystery ingredients so that you and your family can eat wisely and well.
ADDITIVES – which chemicals can damage your health?
GENETICALLY ENGINEERED FOODS- what will the future hold for us?
IT’S A SECRET- government reports kept under wraps
BEEF- a hidden ingredient in many foods … what is the real health risk?
“FRESH FOOD”- can we believe what the label tells us?
CUTTING FAT- the good, the bad, and the ‘no fat’ foods
DIET FOODS- are they too good to be true?
“DESIGNER” HEALTH FOODS- why you should be wary of miracle claims
FOOD FOR THE FAMILY- making safe choices for babies and children
Sue Dibb is co-director of the Food Commission and an active campaigner for consumer rights. She writes regularly for newspapers and magazines and has contributed to many books, radio and television programmes.
About the Author
Sue Dibb is co-director of the Food Commission and active campaigner for consumer rights. She writes regularly for newspapers and magazines and has contributed to many books and radio/TV programmes.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law
- Books > Food & Drink > Diets & Healthy Eating > Low Fat
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Reference
- Books > Reference > Consumer Guides
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Food Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing