- Paperback: 200 pages
- Publisher: Routledge (17 Dec. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 075065287X
- ISBN-13: 978-0750652872
- Product Dimensions: 18.9 x 1.2 x 24.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (11 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 193,859 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Techniques for Coaching and Mentoring Paperback – 17 Dec 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
No one is better equipped to write such a book than the two Davids Clutterbuck and Megginson. Their detailed and meticulous work will serve as an invaluable resource for many coaches. Many of them may already be naturally using a combination of the techniques offered, but they way this book reinforces and contextualises them will help to consolidate the best practices currently deployed. The many case studies to which the authors refer well illustrate the techniques in application. I particularly welcomed the prominence given to Relationship (Chapter 1) and to Self-Knowledge (Chapter 4) the basis and the essence of good coaching and mentoring.
John Whitmore, Author of Coaching for Performance and voted Britain's top Business coach in the Independent.
The art of facilitating human development implies the eagerness and the ability to call upon multiples tools, disciplines and perspectives. This excellent book provides a wide variety of powerful techniques, concrete case studies and useful resources.
David Clutterbuck and David Megginson continue to bring an essential contribution to build and enhance the coaching and mentoring professions.
Philippe Rosinski, Master Certified Coach, Principal of Rosinski & Company and Author of Coaching Across Cultures
"Techniques for Coaching and Mentoring confirms Clutterbuck and Megginson as the leading advocates for a professional, international, and yet very humanistic approach to one-to-one helping. The book offers the latest techniques from practitioners in the field coupled with real-life cases. A superb resource for all coaches and mentors and a must read for all those who want be learn more about one-to-one helping."
Jim Herbolich, Director of Academic Affairs, European Foundation for Management Development (efmd)
About the Author
Professor David Clutterbuck is one of Europe's most prolific and well-known management writers and thinkers. He has written more than 40 books and hundreds of articles on cutting edge management themes. Co-founder of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council, David also runs a thriving international consultancy, Clutterbuck Associates, which specialises in helping people in organizations develop the skills to help others. David is perhaps best-known in recent years for his work on mentoring, on which he consults around the world. David has been responsible for the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of highly successful mentoring and coaching programmes in numerous organisations around the world, including Standard Chartered Bank, Goldman Sachs, and Nokia.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
carrying out the L5 ILM coaching and mentoring and found this book excellentPublished 19 months ago by Andy
This is a useful resource for knowing where to start and planning a mentoring programme in school.
Accessible reading for teachers.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Human Resources Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Training
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Coaching & Mentoring
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Adult & Continuing Education > Career Guidance
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Education Management & Organisation > Mentoring Students
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Classroom Management
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies