- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Harper Perennial; (Reissue) edition (4 Oct. 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0007101929
- ISBN-13: 978-0007101924
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 2.8 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (19 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 233,177 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Seahenge: a quest for life and death in Bronze Age Britain Paperback – 4 Oct 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Francis Pryor is President of the Council for British Archaeology and a prominent field archaeologist who has devoted his professional life to the excavation of wetland landscapes in eastern England. He has been a central figure in the so-called ‘Wetland Revolution’ of British archaeology, and has published a number of specialist monographs on his discoveries. He appears frequently on TV’s Time Team; this is his first book for a wide general audience.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Francis Pryor shares his experience as a renowned archeologist , of a number of fascinating and historically important sites it what has previously been thought of as relatively a ' historically empty ' corner or England...
A passionate and at times whimsical insight to the author who shares his interest in an easily readable and informative book. There is enough to enthrall the average ' Time Teamer ' and enough education the further entice amateur antiquarian..
I bought the paper back but wished I had bought the hard copy..!
this is my only complaint... .
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Once again the author holds your interest all the way through on what could be seen a dull subject .Published 9 months ago by Mr D Bainbridge
there was more to sea henge, that I could ever imagine, very informative and explanatory, mind you Francis Pryor writes in a way that we can understand in simple words and not... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Amazon Customer
Was a gift for my father. He has enjoyed reading it very much.Published 13 months ago by lost-in-inner-space
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain > England
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Archaeology > By Period > Prehistoric
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Archaeology > By Region