- Hardcover: 300 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 1 edition (28 Mar. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0754634086
- ISBN-13: 978-0754634089
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 1.8 x 23.4 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,834,194 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Phrenology and the Origins of Victorian Scientific Naturalism (Science, Technology and Culture, 1700-1945) Hardcover – 28 Mar 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'... a readable, thoroughly referenced, and bibliographically up-to-date introduction to phrenology's historical and historiographical contexts of debate.' Notes and Records of the Royal Society '... provides an engaging and well-referenced account of phrenology's role in the development of British scientific naturalism during the 1800s.' Journal of the History of the Behavioral Sciences 'The careful and thoughtful research recorded here makes the book a basic resource for historians interested in both phrenology and the struggle for authority in British culture among scientists, evangelicals and many other would-be cultural leaders.' British Journal for the History of Science
About the Author
Dr John van Wyhe is Affiliate Researcher in the Department of History and Philosophy of Science at Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Divination > Palmistry
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Occult
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > History of Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Popular Maths