- Hardcover: 614 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 3rd ed. 2014 edition (16 Sept. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1447152069
- ISBN-13: 978-1447152064
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 3.8 x 23.4 cm
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
1,533,020 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #26 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Marine & Nautical > Offshore Engineering
- #41 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Petroleum, Mining & Geological > Drilling
- #308 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Hydraulics
- See Complete Table of Contents
Offshore Risk Assessment Vol 1.: Principles, Modelling and Applications of Qra Studies (Springer Series in Reliability Engineering) Hardcover – 16 Sep 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Offshore Risk Assessment was the first book to deal with quantified risk assessment (QRA) as applied specifically to offshore installations and operations. Risk assessment techniques have been used for more than three decades in the offshore oil and gas industry, and their use is set to expand increasingly as the industry moves into new areas and faces new challenges in older regions.
This updated and expanded third edition has been informed by a major R&D program on offshore risk assessment in Norway and summarizes research from 2006 to the present day. Rooted with a thorough discussion of risk metrics and risk analysis methodology, subsequent chapters are devoted to analytical approaches to escalation, escape, evacuation and rescue analysis of safety and emergency systems.
Separate chapters analyze the main hazards of offshore structures: fire, explosion, collision, and falling objects as well as structural and marine hazards. Risk mitigation and control are discussed, as well as an illustration of how the results from quantitative risk assessment studies should be presented. The third second edition has a stronger focus on the use of risk assessment techniques in the operation of offshore installations. Also decommissioning of installations is covered.
Not only does Offshore Risk Assessment describe the state of the art of QRA, it also identifies weaknesses and areas that need further development. This new edition also illustrates applications or quantitative risk analysis methodology to offshore petroleum applications.
A comprehensive reference for academics and students of marine/offshore risk assessment and management, the book should also be owned by professionals in the industry, contractors, suppliers, consultants and regulatory authorities.
About the Author
Jan Erik Vinnem is Professor II of Risk Analysis at University of Stavanger, Norway. He is also a specialist advisor and CEO of Preventor AS, a consultancy to the Norwegian offshore industry. His professional career includes experience in the petroleum industry (Statoil and Total), and work as a private consultant (as the founder of Safetec Nordic AS and Preventor AS), in addition to his time in research and education. His research interests include decision support tools, risk management, risk acceptance, risk analysis methods, and risk assessments reflecting human and organizational factors
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Hydraulic Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Marine & Nautical > Offshore Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Hydraulics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Petroleum, Mining & Geological > Drilling
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Natural Resources Management
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Modelling
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering