- Paperback: 106 pages
- Publisher: Northern Bee Books (26 April 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1908904380
- ISBN-13: 978-1908904386
- Product Dimensions: 17 x 0.6 x 24.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (12 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 290,651 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Natural Beekeeping with the Warre Hive Paperback – 26 Apr 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Title: Natural Beekeeping with the Warre Hive <>Binding: Paperback <>Author: DavidHeaf <>Publisher: NorthernBeeBooks
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I found David's previous publication, The Bee-friendly Beekeeper, excellent and informative. As such, I placed an order as soon as I heard another book was due to be released.
My initail impression was one of disappointment as it seemed to be a re-written version of the first book. However, that turned out not to be the case.
The sub-title of the book is 'A Manual' and that is exacty what it is. Yes, it does have many parts that are the same as the first book, but without most of the background information. This is coupled with lots of new information and complemented with many images. As such, it becomes a book that will be referred to frequently throughout the season; and this brings me to my criticism.
The paper used is thin to the point that text shows through from the other side. Also, the photographs are poorly produced giving an impression of a cheaply produced publication. It doesn't have the same feel as the first book which is a joy to read.
Bottom line is, I'm glad I have both books but will be refering to the 'Manual' on a regular basis. I expect to have to buy another copy when it wears out and would be willing to do so.
Highly recommended for information but publication could be better.
Having been interested in more natural beekeeping approach for a while - now I can't wait to get my saw out!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you're thinking of running a Warre hive this book is a must!Published on 30 Dec. 2014 by Andrew Ball
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Biodiversity
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment