- Hardcover: 995 pages
- Publisher: Wiley VCH; 2nd, Corrected Edition edition (8 Mar. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3527405429
- ISBN-13: 978-3527405428
- Product Dimensions: 21.7 x 4.7 x 28.3 cm
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
3,388,013 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #882 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Nanotechnology
- #3960 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Telecommunications
- #4341 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Electrical Engineering
- See Complete Table of Contents
Nanoelectronics and Information Technology: Advanced Electronic Materials and Novel Devices Hardcover – 8 Mar 2005
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"... is an outstanding compendium of information about an exciting new field. Owing to its high quality and complete coverage of the many topics in this area, this well referenced book will have a long and very useful life as a primary text for students experienced and new in nanoelectronics. It is a very impressive book." Prof. Richard Siegel, US Nano–Initiative
From the Back Cover
Providing an introduction to electronic materials and device concepts for the major areas of current and future information technology, the value of this book lies in its focus on the underlying principles. Illustrated by contemporary examples, these basic principles will hold, despite the rapid developments in this field, especially emphasizing nanoelectronics. There is hardly any field where the links between basic science and application are tighter then in nanoelectronics & information technology. As an example, the design of resonant tunneling transistors, single electron devices or molecular electronic structure is simply inconceivable without delving deep into quantum mechanics. This textbook is primarily aimed at students of physics, electrical engineering and information technology, as well as material science in their 3rd year and higher. It is equally of interest to professional wanting a broader overview of this hot topic.See all Product description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
(I) Fundamentals, (II) Technology and analysis, (III) Logic devices, (IV) Random access memories, (V) Mass storage devices, (VI) Data transmission and interfaces, (VII) Sensor arrays and imaging systems, and (VIII) Displays.
Fully covering each of the above fields would require far more space than that available in a book of this same size. Hence, the editor has done the clever choice of writing chapters 20-30 pages long, each of them sufficiently self contained. For example, the (sub)field of Molecular Electronics (my favorite topic) is treated in ch.20, pp. 503-525. This chapter ends with 66 references, enough for further study. The closely related subject on Organic Light Emitting Devices (ch. 38) can be consulted by checking either the general index at the end of the book or the table of contents. Placing some keywords at the end of the former chapter, however, would have greatly facilitated my jump to the latter. Chapters seems being too independent from each other. This, I think, is the weakest point of this monumental opera. The book contains plenty of good graphs and figures, many of them colored, placed nearby the text. Taking into account both the huge amount of information contained in this book and the difficulties in amalgamating the many different topics in this rapidly developing field, I finally decided to rate this book with five stars.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Nanotechnology
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Engineering Skills & Design
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics