- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
F-51 Mustang Units Over Korea (Osprey Aviation Frontline Colour) Paperback – 1 Jan 1999
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
Overall, a pictorial which is much more than the sum of the (excellent) photos it contains, and a most welcome addition to any aviation library.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Perfect for US Air Force, Royal Australian Air Force, South African Air Force and South Korean Mustang enthusiasts. It is a great book and I recommend it highly. If you want an operational overview of the F-51 Mustangs you wouldn't go wrong with this book - well worth the price and time to read.
researcher,Young Ki Moon,Seoul,Korea. I am a most lmportant supplier of
his requesting books and DVD,after frequent windowshopping of Amazon.
occasinally, he sent me many valuable Reviews after his readings books.
Now I introduce a his review this book as following:
I Keep Osprey frontline colour Series as my important,emotionally
attached books on my personal study-Library.
one of my most favouring,best attached,agile fighter is F-51 Mustang.
At the outbreak of Korean war,on July,25,1950, only available
U.S.Fighter was obsolute at that time but was one of best piton engined
fighter during W.W.II. program of replacing F-51 to F-80Shooting Star is
During Korean War,their main task was strafing and bombing on enemy
troops and installations. But they are especially volunabble to small
arms on the tree top operation of surronding mauntainous deep valley.
damage of cooling system of liquid cooling engines were most frequent
causes of shooting down.F-51 Mustangs are first contender with attacking
1st appearing 6 MIG-15 near Yalu river.
F-51Mustang Figter Bomber group and F4U Corsair did most outstanding
strafing and bombing throughout the Korean War,1950~1953.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Asia > China
- Books > History > Asia > Korea
- Books > History > Middle East
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Air Forces
- Books > History > Military History > Korean War
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Reference > Transport > Aviation
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Aircraft
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Reference > History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence > War & Defence Operations
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence > Weapons & Equipment