- Hardcover: 224 pages
- Publisher: Pen & Sword Aviation (30 Jan. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1781591679
- ISBN-13: 978-1781591673
- Product Dimensions: 16.4 x 2.1 x 24.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,080,860 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Mosquito Missions Hardcover – 30 Jan 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
A note to the editor. There were too-frequent instances of repeated sentences and sometimes whole paragraphs, as if the book were assembled by cutting and pasting. Please go through it in the next edition and cut out the overlap in the sections. They are disconcerting in a book of this quality and historical importance.
Note to shoppers: The author has a similar book entitled "Mosquito: Menacing the Reich" which is based on the same background material. I found Mosquito Missions to be my favorite version of the two because the storytelling was superior.
Bowman packages his material into subject-arranged chapters, detailing Mosquito PR ops, day and night bombing strikes, intruder ops, nightfighter missions, convoy strikes, etc. Dozens of vivid, compelling reminiscences by Mossie aircrew are presented that, together, present a very comprehensive history of the Mossie at war. To be honest, MOSQUITO MISSIONS is best savored a chapter at a time; the book being so dense with facts, figures and yank-and-bank air combats that it gets to be overload.
The book is illustrated with b&w and color photographs of what is one of the most elegant designs in aviation history.
So, if you're an RAF enthusiast, bomber buff or just enjoy spellbinding aerial action, Bowman's book is a must-have. Recommended.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain > 20th Century
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Air Forces
- Books > History > Military History > World War II 1939-1945
- Books > Reference > Transport > Aviation
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Aircraft