- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Plumbago Books; First Edition edition (14 Dec. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0956600719
- ISBN-13: 978-0956600714
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 1.3 x 19.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,831,984 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Metapoetics: Aphorisms, Thoughts and Maxims on Life, Art and Music (Poetics of Music) Paperback – 14 Dec 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
(Reviewed together with 'Towards a Poetics of Music and the Arts') (T)hese two short books by the distinguished music critic Christopher Wintle (...) seek to revive criticism as a means of thought and not just as a source of judgements and information. (...) What is more, he writes too well to speak only to musicians. (...) We have the example of a thinker for whom all the arts belong together and shed light on each other, something rare in criticism since Goethe and Ruskin pursued their idea of art wherever it led them. CAMBRIDGE QUARTERLY