- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
The Manga Guide to Biochemistry Paperback – 14 Nov 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Masaharu Takemura is an Associate Professor at the Tokyo University of Science who specializes in molecular biology and life science. A Doctor of Medical Science, he has written several book about biology.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I could say that it presents a simplistic view of the subject, but that's through the eyes of a student about to earn his bachelor's in this science. From the standpoint of a high school student or beginning college student, this book provides an excellent overview of the subject. The student will retain foundational concepts after reading this, i.e. the four classes of macromolecules and the concept of metabolic chemical reactions. The immediate application of each concept to a real-life example will aid retention, as will the little bit of cute humor and low-key romance :)
The story itself isn't super-dramatic or risque, but that's certainly a good thing; such would be distracting from the educational value of the comic.
I highly recommend this book to any high school students or undergrads who haven't learned biochemistry in any depth yet. For an educated student and above, it'll be a fun review.
Either presents info that is too basic to really give any foundation in biochemistry, or just lists out the more complex info.
Only made it through 1/3 of the book before I tucked it under my bed. Have not touched it since.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Anime & Manga
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Biochemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Biological Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Bioengineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Genetics
- Books > Young Adult > Education & Reference
- Books > Young Adult > Science & Nature > Biology
- Books > Young Adult > Science & Nature > Chemistry