- Paperback: 104 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press (3 Jan. 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521797497
- ISBN-13: 978-0521797498
- Product Dimensions: 21.9 x 0.8 x 27.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 889,447 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Mammalian Physiology and Behaviour (Cambridge Advanced Sciences) Paperback – 3 Jan 2002
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This title was developed specifically for the new specifications for A Level for teaching from September 2000. It is endorsed by OCR, and in conjunction with the other texts in the Cambridge Advanced Sciences series it provides complete coverage of the OCR biology specification A. Mammalian Physiology and Behaviour contains all the necessary material to accompany the optional A2 biology module of the same name. Self-assessment questions (with answers) and exam-style end-of-chapter exercises offer excellent opportunities for independent study. Chapter introductions and summaries provide the basis for structured revision. Student-friendly design and illustrations throughout make the science accessible to all.
About the Author
Has published a number of biology education books for Cambridge University Press
Author Geoff Jones is a freelance aviation journalist and photographer whose articles have appeared in such magazines as Airways, Airliner World, Flight, and Pilot. He is also the author of numerous books including The Big Six US Airlines, American Classics of the Air, and Vintage Aircraft over America. Jones resides in the British Isles and has been flying as a private pilot since 1977. In Delta Air Lines: 75 Years of Airline Excellence, he has created a fitting tribute to an American institution.
Top Customer Reviews
It does, however, require the reader to reorganise the text to make notes - maybe not a bad thing - as it leads the student down the path of understanding the text as opposed to purely learning parrot fashion.
That said when under pressure to revise this disorganisation can become more than a little irksome and can lead to very different interpretations by different students.
i have also found that this book has a tendency to take a whole page explaining something that could be explained in a paragraph.
Also i find that although the glossary is good it is not big enough to cover all the information in found the book.
Even though what i have said sounds mostly negative, by having a book which sticks purely to the syllabus you know that what you are learning you will find in the exam, and if the book has it wrong or doesn't explain it well, then thats what you have to know to do well!
I would also recommend this book for reading for an optometry student at university level. It provides a good understanding of the basic workings of the human body for early understanding of the university course. (This combined with "Essential A2 Biology for OCR (Essential A2) by Glenn and Susan Toole")
A good book
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning
- Books > School Books
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Mammals
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Mammals
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Young Adult > Education & Reference
- Books > Young Adult > Science & Nature > Biology