- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: Maker Media, Inc; 1 edition (31 Dec. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449334180
- ISBN-13: 978-1449334185
- Product Dimensions: 1.9 x 21 x 25.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (15 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
213,701 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #80 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering > Circuits
- #105 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Robotics
- #272 in Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
Make: Encyclopedia of Electronic Components Volume 2: LEDs, LCDs, Audio, Thyristors, Digital Logic, and Amplification Paperback – 31 Dec 2014
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Charles Platt is a Contributing Editor and regular columnist for Make magazine, where he writes about electronics. He is the author of the highly successful introductory hands-on book, Make:Electronics, and is writing a sequel to that book in addition to volumes 2 and 3 of the Encyclopedia of Electronic Components.
Platt was a Senior Writer for Wired magazine, and has written various computer books. As a prototype designer, he created semi-automated rapid cooling devices with medical applications, and air-deployable equipment for first responders. He was the sole author of four mathematical-graphics software packages, and has been fascinated by electronics since he put together a telephone answering machine from a tape recorder and military-surplus relays at age 15. He lives in a Northern Arizona wilderness area, where he has his own workshop for prototype fabrication and projects that he writes about for Make magazine.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering > Circuits
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Robotics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering